Atheism plus

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Exi5tentialist

Re: Atheism plus

Post by Exi5tentialist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:48 pm

I've been searching mentions of Tyrannical. I can't find any mentions of someone calling him a racist. Granted someone did so in this thread which looked like it was for the sake of this argument. Can anyone help back the claim up with a link?

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:51 pm

eRv wrote:I thought you were the arbiter of racists, sexists and paedophiles, exi...
You thought wrong then.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Animavore wrote:
eRv wrote:Yep. We call Tyrannical racist regularly.
Tyrannical is a racist though. The most racyist racist since Francis Dalton.
So who decided he is a racist? Surely that's just an opinion? And who is Francis Dalton? I can only find that name on linkdin, and that's probably not the person you mean
Nobody decided it, it's his nature.
We see grass and we say it's green, we see the sky and say it's blue, we read Tyr's post and call him a racist.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
Animavore wrote:
So who decided he is a racist? Surely that's just an opinion? And who is Francis Dalton? I can only find that name on linkdin, and that's probably not the person you mean
We see grass and we say it's green, we see the sky and say it's blue, we read Tyr's post and call him a racist.
This is very interesting. I'm curious as to how this use of a noun which would usually be a personal attack against anyone else has been legitimized. Did a mod declare it ok to call him a racist? What's the history?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
Animavore wrote:
This is very interesting. I'm curious as to how this use of a noun which would usually be a personal attack against anyone else has been legitimized. Did a mod declare it ok to call him a racist? What's the history?
Fuck, you're tedious.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Animavore wrote: Fuck, you're tedious.
A link then

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:
A link then
http://rationalia.com/forum/memberlist. ... ile&u=2628
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:
mistermack wrote:Exi, why don't you declare that you're a troll, and be done with it?
Is that how you cope with not being able to answer a simple intellectual point?
No, it's how I cope with points that are deliberately stupid. That's how trolls work, and that's how I respond.
But hi ho, hi ho, it's off to troll we go. At least it boosts the post count, I guess.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Animavore wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
A link then
http://rationalia.com/forum/memberlist. ... ile&u=2628
I'm somewhat developing the view that there is, actually, no evidence that any of you call Tyrannical a racist, except for the sake of the argument in this thread. I might be wrong in developing this view - please help me to discover the truth of my wrongness by providing a link to an actual post, prior to this thread, where a forum member has called Tyrannical a racist. Thank you.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:22 pm

does this gobbledigook have an actual English meaning?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:25 pm

I don't know why you're so defensive about it. You could just answer my question, prove me wrong, and then you can move on with a sense of pride and triumphancy.

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:29 pm

Oh well whatever. I've found some pretty old examples through Google, actually, so I guess calling someone a racist isn't classed as abuse here after all. Or maybe it is... depends on who the arbiter of racism is, I suppose.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:Back to Atheism Plus. They had some good points and some bad points. One of their bad points was that they too tended to avoid justifying their more illogical views when they closed down discussion, and forum members tended to cluster around the narrow opinion cliques of mods. It was never very clear actually where the power base was. At Rationalia there is, as rev identified, slightly unintentionally, a single person at the top of the hierarchy, but at atheism plus it was never very transparent whether there was a single person or a narrow clique. I suspect the latter as there was much talk of a secret forum of core members that nobody was supposed to talk about.

But at least they wouldn't hesitate to call a racist a racist. Calling a racist a racist isn't abuse as some people seem to think for some reason that they're not providing any rationale for at Rationalia. Calling a racist a racist is a decent person's duty, and banning it is an offense against free speech far more serious than anything Atheism Plus could ever muster.
Tyrannical, for example, is a self-confessed racist, so it is reasonable to call him one - he doesn't see it as an insult...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote: As I understand it, you stopped posting at atheismplus because they were too authoritarian. In this post you say that Rationalia's policy against abusive name-calling is "an offense against free speech far more serious than anything Atheism Plus could ever muster." Why are you still here?
Did I say I stopped posting there voluntarily?

I am still here because I live in hope that someone will present me with a challenging counter argument to some of my views. It hasn't happened yet. Just childish sniping most of the time.
Ah, so the real reason you stopped posting there is because you were banned? Are you saying that restricting abusive name calling is "more serious" than being silenced entirely?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:48 am

Animavore wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
Animavore wrote: Tyrannical is a racist though. The most racyist racist since Francis Dalton.
Fuck, you're tedious.
:this:
Last edited by pErvinalia on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.