Why creationists can laugh at atheist feminists?

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Why creationists can laugh at atheist feminists?

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:26 pm

laklak wrote:I just saw a FB post saying something like "Behind every woke man is a feminist".

WTF is a "woke man"? Any ideas?
Meant to be "weak" I imagine, particularly if the poster has similarities to the Dodo man...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06 pm

JimC wrote:
laklak wrote:I just saw a FB post saying something like "Behind every woke man is a feminist".

WTF is a "woke man"? Any ideas?
Meant to be "weak" I imagine, particularly if the poster has similarities to the Dodo man...
Nope, it means "woke" as in "awakened." It's a strange usage, yes, but it's a brag about how feminists are educating men and enlightening them - waking them up.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:10 pm

JimC wrote: Meant to be "weak" I imagine, particularly if the poster has similarities to the Dodo man...
Not like Dodo, from the opposite political persuasion. I think 42's got it.

OR - maybe it was "bloke". Behind every bloke man is a feminist, with a big club.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Weak would fit, if the poster is anti-feminist, the implication that only a weak man needs the support of a feminist...

But I'll take 42's word for it that "woke" is part of some new feminist lingo. After all, he is an expert in this field... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:32 am

:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:36 am

I think it was 'milk' man. Behind every milkman is a feminist.

:whistle:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:38 am

This just turned up on my Facebook feed
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:57 am

JimC wrote:Weak would fit, if the poster is anti-feminist, the implication that only a weak man needs the support of a feminist...

But I'll take 42's word for it that "woke" is part of some new feminist lingo. After all, he is an expert in this field... :tea:
No, it is the normative future passive participle of "wank".
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:17 pm

I was able to become a feminism expert through a few youtube videos and perusing tumblr memes it's not rocket science (literally, and figuratively). They somehow made a major field of study out of "I left for college in September and by Thanksgiving I am an expert lecturer and I have some books you really need to read, man..."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:22 pm

(Emily) Mousy's poor old skunk is on its way out of this world she reports on FB. One of our ex-members and neo-Nazi feminist offered her 'hugs, if welcome'.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Shouldn't she determine what's welcome before offering? She should ask "If you would like some sort of comforting comment, I can provide them. Please tell me what comforting statements you identify with, and I will say them to you." Saying, "hugs, if welcome" is problematic, because the hugs have already been offered. That would be like giving people a round of applause and then saying "if welcome" after the applause die down.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:02 pm

All this of course, virtually, as the feminist concerned lives in the Scandinavia region and Emily in the NE of England. But I suppose harassment is harassment however you look at it. Or don't. Are we allowed to look any more?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:57 pm

You can only look if you get consent first. Otherwise, it's eye rape. The male gaze is an oppression in and of itself.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Prolly a good thing these folks don't live down here. Their heads would explode on a daily basis.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:43 am

Bullying Feminazi's whining again, not doubt to secure the reality of women as exploiters of men.
Gender pay gap: women earn £300,000 less than men over working life

Women are likely to earn £300,000 less than men over their working lives, according to a new analysis that has sparked fresh calls for more shared parental leave to close the UK’s stubborn gender pay gap.

Before International Women’s Day on Tuesday, figures show a gap of £5,732, or 24%, in average full-time annual salaries between women and men – more than four decades after the Equal Pay Act of 1970 was introduced. Over a career of 52 years, that gap translates into a lifetime earnings shortfall of £298,064 for female employees, according to the analysis by the recruitment company Robert Half.

The Fawcett Society, a women’s rights organisation, said the analysis was the latest evidence of a financial price paid by many women after having children. “The gender pay gap becomes a significant lifetime pay penalty. The gap widens for older women and becomes a significant pensions gap in retirement,” said the Fawcett Society’s chief executive Sam Smethers.

“The impact of having children means that as men’s careers take off, women’s often stagnate or decline,” she said. “Their salaries never fully recover. We have to make it easier for men to share care, create flexibility first at work and open up more senior roles as quality part-time jobs.”

The analysis by Robert Half also highlighted faster growth for men’s full-time salaries of 1.6% compared with 1.4% for women in the year to April 2015, based on earnings figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS). That took the median gross pay for full-time male employees to £29,934, compared with £24,202 for women. The average for men and women combined was £27,645...

{continues: http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/m ... n-lifetime }
Yadda-yadda-yadda. Just put yer knickers on and make me a cup of tea luv.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT