Why creationists can laugh at atheist feminists?

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Why creationists can laugh at atheist feminists?

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:How is feminism not considered a mental illness.

http://www.dailytargum.com/article/2016 ... -to-campus
Feminists don't have a right to political protest, because they're, you know, feminists??
Protests are fine, shutting down alternative points of view show you have something to hide.
OK, so you're just tone-policing then. :tea:
Doesn't he have the right to tone police?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:25 pm

I guess some people just have a problem with hate-mongers. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:28 pm

I think most people have a problem with hate mongers. The Devil, of course, is in the details, and one person's definition of what constitutes "hate" is very often not the same as another person's definition, and I've seen it depend on who is doing the hating with respect to whom.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
JimC wrote:Misogyny, however, is clearly a symptom...
If misogyny was a problem then you wouldn't oppose free speech as you would need it to point it out. :prof:
I can criticise misogyny, or even suggest that it is a symptom of a disturbed mind, without implying that people should be forbidden from making misogynist statements. No opposition to free speech from this little black duck...
The feminists protesting Milo Yiannopolis are asking that he be forbidden from making statements at the function for which he was invited.
Well I would certainly disagree with them - let them have a protest rally outside.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Thinking Aloud
Page Bottomer

Post by Thinking Aloud » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:22 pm

Any viewpoint that tries to silence criticism or opposing opinions by vilifying (or attacking) the critic reeks of dogmatism. The parallels with religion observable in some of these "movements" are spectacular. Demanding to be immune to and protected from criticism, original sin, unquestionable authority, unquestionable truths, a state of perpetual atonement for transgressors and the unworthy... :-/

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 pm

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:01 am

rainbow wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:I'm sure your daughters, nieces and all young women will thank you lefty/liberals feminists for the lovely future you forged for them.
Do you have to work at being a complete dick, or does it come naturally to you?
Erm feminist claim to be fighting the patriarchy, rape culture and misogyny, when we see a patriarchy, rape culture and misogyny the feminist are not only silent they are apologists for it and want it imported. Which shows them to be full of shit, hypocrites and liars who don't give a flying fuck about women. If this makes me a dick then so be it. Let me know when you have anything of substance to add to any debate because that would be a first.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:10 am

Thinking Aloud wrote:Any viewpoint that tries to silence criticism or opposing opinions by vilifying (or attacking) the critic reeks of dogmatism. The parallels with religion observable in some of these "movements" are spectacular. Demanding to be immune to and protected from criticism, original sin, unquestionable authority, unquestionable truths, a state of perpetual atonement for transgressors and the unworthy... :-/

But..But muh 'strawman', muh 'no true Scotsman', muh 'few bad apples'. Muh 'me and my friends are feminist and we are nothing like this, even though we do nothing to appose the ones that are like this that have access to the msm and always defend them as well as give tacit support to the man hating cunts.' It's a fucking godless religion to these people, skeptics FTW.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:01 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:
rainbow wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:I'm sure your daughters, nieces and all young women will thank you lefty/liberals feminists for the lovely future you forged for them.
Erm feminist claim to be fighting the patriarchy, rape culture and misogyny, when we see a patriarchy, rape culture and misogyny the feminist are not only silent they are apologists for it and want it imported. Which shows them to be full of shit, hypocrites and liars who don't give a flying fuck about women.
It shows nothing of the sort, DaveDildo.
If this makes me a dick then so be it.
No this doesn't make you a dick. Work it out for yourself, if you can.
Let me know when you have anything of substance to add to any debate because that would be a first.
There is no debate here. An hysterical rant from an insecure misogynist perhaps.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:32 am

rainbow wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Erm feminist claim to be fighting the patriarchy, rape culture and misogyny, when we see a patriarchy, rape culture and misogyny the feminist are not only silent they are apologists for it and want it imported. Which shows them to be full of shit, hypocrites and liars who don't give a flying fuck about women.
It shows nothing of the sort, DaveDildo.
If this makes me a dick then so be it.
No this doesn't make you a dick. Work it out for yourself, if you can.
Let me know when you have anything of substance to add to any debate because that would be a first.
There is no debate here. An hysterical rant from an insecure misogynist perhaps.
Hmmmm! Insults, check. Shaming tactics, check. No substance or argument, check. You're a feminist alright.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 am

feminist *faggot*. :prof: :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:37 am

Lol, retarded feminists are at it again.

https://twitter.com/FeministCanada/stat ... 8439278592

Hysterical narcissistic Malingering querulants the lot of them. :funny:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:41 am

Yeah, that's pretty fucking dumb.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:25 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:Insults, check. Shaming tactics, check. No substance or argument, check. You're a feminist alright.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:36 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:Insults, check. Shaming tactics, check. No substance or argument, check. You're a feminist alright.
You have no self awareness, I never do it in lieu of arguments as I tear their bullshit a new one and then as a bonus I add the insults. My opponents miss the first part.