Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Post Reply
User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 61530
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by JimC » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:14 pm

Beatsong wrote:

But aren't you aware that TEH GAYZ are one homogenous "community" that makes all decisions about Islam and everything else collectively? Therefore they're all liable for the consequences of those decisions.

It's true. They have a big Committee with every single gay person in the country on it. They all sit around in a big pink tent watching Julie Garland films and listening to disco music while they plan the otherthrow of western morality.
:lol:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1815
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Hermit wrote:"not being able to predict the future with 100% accuracy" is a bit of an understatement, don't you think?
I would say it's pretty accurate. As, indeed, are my predictions, most of the time. What can I say, I have a track record of being correct. It's a real burden.
Hermit wrote:Fact? Terrorist friend? Extremist? Methinks we have spotted a reader of an esteemed research journal.
You really are gratuitously offensive, aren't you?

I'm so sorry that you hate freedom and reality.

Jeremy Corbyn has a long history of associating with vile terrorists and referring to them as his friends. This is a fact. You are perfectly free to overlook this fact, but you don't get to deny it.
Insert witty signature here

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 20410
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Hermit » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:15 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Hermit wrote:"not being able to predict the future with 100% accuracy" is a bit of an understatement, don't you think?
I would say it's pretty accurate.
Sure. The gap between predicting a landslide victory and losing a parliamentary majority is barely wide enough to steer the QEII through.
Strontium Dog wrote:
Hermit wrote:Fact? Terrorist friend? Extremist? Methinks we have spotted a reader of an esteemed research journal.
Jeremy Corbyn has a long history of associating with vile terrorists and referring to them as his friends. This is a fact.
It is? I just typed corbyn terrorist friend into Google's search box and got over a million hits. Unfortunately, nine of the ten on the first page were links to articles published in The Sun, The Mail and the rest of the right wing gutter press. The tenth was a transcript of Corbyn's speech on terrorism in The New Statesman. Reading it I got the impression that Corbyn was neither a friend of terrorists nor of terrorism. He chiefly pointed out that the Tory policies of fighting terrorism do not work. I think you'll need to supply some credible evidence of Corbyn's friendship with either terrorists or terrorism before I accept it as fact.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 49848
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:51 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:You clearly don't know any disabled people
Look who knows so much.

In fact, my girlfriend receives PIP at the enhanced rate. She underwent one of those much maligned capability assessments, and was awarded it without any bother. They even gave her extra time to complete the form when the NHS dragged their heels in supplying her medical information.
So because she wasn't driven to suicide by the process, significant others weren't driven to suicide by the process? Personal anecdote =/= data.
I haven't even responded to the rest of your post, it bore little relevance to what I actually believe.
Like all liberals you bleat on and on about freedum (you can't deny that, half your posts contain some empty call for the state of freedum to be obtained), no matter the evidence that is mounted for whatever proposition you are responding to.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 49848
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:58 am

Hermit wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:The fact remains that The Terrorists' Friend...unelectable extremist...
Fact? Terrorist friend? Extremist? Methinks we have spotted a reader of an esteemed research journal.

Image
Yeah. This is the inevitable position that certain people, whose whole political ideology rests on empty rhetoric, wind up in. Bleating empty slogans, unable to argue anything by evidence, and reading and parroting toilet paper.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 49848
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:05 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Hermit wrote:"not being able to predict the future with 100% accuracy" is a bit of an understatement, don't you think?
I would say it's pretty accurate. As, indeed, are my predictions, most of the time. What can I say, I have a track record of being correct. It's a real burden.
Hermit wrote:Fact? Terrorist friend? Extremist? Methinks we have spotted a reader of an esteemed research journal.
You really are gratuitously offensive, aren't you?

I'm so sorry that you hate freedom and reality.

Jeremy Corbyn has a long history of associating with vile terrorists and referring to them as his friends. This is a fact. You are perfectly free to overlook this fact, but you don't get to deny it.
More empty rhetoric. Here's some actual facts for you about significant support for terrorist (and other freedum hating) states by continuing UK (Tory, in this case) governments, including the alleged freedum-loving Yellow Tory coalition:
Since 2010 Britain has also sold arms to 39 of the 51 countries ranked “not free” on the Freedom House "Freedom in the world" report, and 22 of the 30 countries on the UK Government’s own human rights watch list.
.....
Meanwhile £7.9bn worth of arms were sold to countries on the “human rights priority countries” list, which is maintained by the Foreign Office and includes countries judged by the FCO to have “the worst, or greatest number of, human rights violations”.

Customers on this list included Saudi Arabia, which was sold bombs, missiles, and fighter jets, Israel, which was sold drone components and targeting equipment, and Bahrain, which was sold machine guns.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 25351.html
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1815
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:29 am

Hermit wrote:I think you'll need to supply some credible evidence of Corbyn's friendship with either terrorists or terrorism before I accept it as fact.
There are dozens of pictures of him associating with IRA bigwigs. He called Hamas and Hezbollah his friends. He attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the grave of the PLO terrorist behind the Munich atrocity. He has a track record of defending horrendous undemocratic regimes.

Like I say, these are facts. Diminish their significance, by all means, if you feel it necessary, but they are undeniable.
Insert witty signature here

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1815
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:34 am

pErvin wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:You clearly don't know any disabled people
Look who knows so much.

In fact, my girlfriend receives PIP at the enhanced rate. She underwent one of those much maligned capability assessments, and was awarded it without any bother. They even gave her extra time to complete the form when the NHS dragged their heels in supplying her medical information.
So because she wasn't driven to suicide by the process, significant others weren't driven to suicide by the process? Personal anecdote =/= data.
Is that the sound of moving goalposts?

You said I clearly didn't know any disabled people. I pointed out that I in fact cohabit with one. This means that you are wrong.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the sad suicides of some desperate people have been exploited for political purposes by the truly shameless, but this is quite a separate issue from what you were actually talking about.
pErvin wrote:Like all liberals you bleat on and on about freedum (you can't deny that, half your posts contain some empty call for the state of freedum to be obtained), no matter the evidence that is mounted for whatever proposition you are responding to.
Oh, is there some evidence that freedom is bad which I am neglecting? Do people who have been wrongfully imprisoned benefit from it? Are people better off if they have less control over their own lives? Should homosexuals who are prohibited from having relationships under pain of death be thankful for the fact?

Let's see your evidence that freedom is bad, then.
Insert witty signature here

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 49848
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:You clearly don't know any disabled people
Look who knows so much.

In fact, my girlfriend receives PIP at the enhanced rate. She underwent one of those much maligned capability assessments, and was awarded it without any bother. They even gave her extra time to complete the form when the NHS dragged their heels in supplying her medical information.
So because she wasn't driven to suicide by the process, significant others weren't driven to suicide by the process? Personal anecdote =/= data.
Is that the sound of moving goalposts?

You said I clearly didn't know any disabled people. I pointed out that I in fact cohabit with one. This means that you are wrong.
Perhaps, in regard to who you know. But the critical point wasn't who you do or don't know. It was a metaphor/turn-of-phrase for whether you understand how barbaric the conservative mindset is when it comes to poor and disabled people.
pErvin wrote:Like all liberals you bleat on and on about freedum (you can't deny that, half your posts contain some empty call for the state of freedum to be obtained), no matter the evidence that is mounted for whatever proposition you are responding to.
Oh, is there some evidence that freedom is bad which I am neglecting? Do people who have been wrongfully imprisoned benefit from it? Are people better off if they have less control over their own lives? Should homosexuals who are prohibited from having relationships under pain of death be thankful for the fact?

Let's see your evidence that freedom is bad, then.
I never said freedom was bad. You can't even follow a basic debate. No wonder you have to rely on empty rhetoric.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 20410
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Hermit » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Hermit wrote:I think you'll need to supply some credible evidence of Corbyn's friendship with either terrorists or terrorism before I accept it as fact.
There are dozens of pictures of him associating with IRA bigwigs. He called Hamas and Hezbollah his friends. He attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the grave of the PLO terrorist behind the Munich atrocity. He has a track record of defending horrendous undemocratic regimes.

Like I say, these are facts.
They are not so much facts as Breitbart style distortions of them. The sort of distortions you get from reading the gutter-press. More sober views of the issues you describe so colourfully can be found here here and here, for example. You need to to get your brain out of the sewer that is the DMGT, Trinity Mirror and Newscorp cabal.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 23702
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Indeed. That Corbyn supported the republican cause in NI, or opposed the forced oppression of native Arabs in their homelands, is a political judgement, but it's hardly the same as saying: "Make me you Prime Minister and you can bomb your way to freedom with my blessing and support, comrades!" If Corbyn was a 'friend' to terrorists, then Major and Blair were both an appeaser and accommodator of terrorists, and May is a collaborator with former terrorists! How d'ya like them onions?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 49848
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Yeah, but freedum!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
NineBerry
Tame Wolf
Posts: 4870
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm
Location: nSk
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:43 pm

For some people, the worst terrorist is the tax collector.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 23702
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:44 pm

The worse terrorist is the terrorist of the mind....

Image
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 34267
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:55 pm

interesting pic, looks like Escher, but it's not him, is it?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests