Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Post Reply
Beatsong
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Beatsong » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:06 am

JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
JimC wrote:So Dave, are you happy with the DUP's clearly homophobic agenda?
The LGBT community better pick a side on Islam or I don't give a fuck about them.
That, of course, does not answer my question...

And the fact that a small number of LGBT radicals choose (unwisely) the PC route of cozying up with Islam is irrelevant to whether gay people in general should be poorly treated...
But aren't you aware that TEH GAYZ are one homogenous "community" that makes all decisions about Islam and everything else collectively? Therefore they're all liable for the consequences of those decisions.

It's true. They have a big Committee with every single gay person in the country on it. They all sit around in a big pink tent watching Julie Garland films and listening to disco music while they plan the otherthrow of western morality.

Beatsong
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Beatsong » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:09 am

NineBerry wrote:The fact that a small number of straight cis radicals have a poor taste of fashion is irrelevant to whether straight people in general should be fucked to death.
I'd gladly be fucked to death, and long as I could choose my own executioner.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 50933
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:48 am

Beatsong wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Beatsong wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:Anyone know how our bestie mates at Ratskep are dealing with their world view going down the toilet. What with Tory win. Brexit, Trump and another Tory win incoming. I can't even be bothered to go over there to laugh at them as they are so pathetic
It's fair to say that, for me, the one shining silver lining about the Tories' impending landslide victory is the thought of all the nasty, vindictive Corbynistas who hounded me out of that place crying into their Little Red Books on Friday morning. They deserve nothing less. Enemies of liberty, each and every one.
:hehe:
Strontium Dog wrote:Oh, I do hope that is the prevailing attitude over there too. Will make it all the more amusing when Labour barely scrape 200 seats.
:funny:
Still treating defeat as victory, I see.

Nothing ever really changes does it.
Indeed. Maybe if we're successful enough next time we'll manage to get 12 seats. :hehe:
:lol: Stop it, you are going trigger him...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Beatsong wrote:Indeed. Maybe if we're successful enough next time we'll manage to get 12 seats. :hehe:
I very much doubt you will manage to increase your representation by 50% from one election to the next.

Of course, you will never get 12 seats, because the electoral system is biased in your favour, as well you know.

Still, at least you are not pretending to be non-partisan any more, after the many years of calling me a liar for flagging you and your pals up as Labour through and through. Give it another 20 years and we may even get to a stage where you argue honestly and in good faith.
Insert witty signature here

Beatsong
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Beatsong » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Beatsong wrote:Indeed. Maybe if we're successful enough next time we'll manage to get 12 seats. :hehe:
I very much doubt you will manage to increase your representation by 50% from one election to the next.
How can you say that? If it's possible to DECREASE it by so much more than that - say from 57 to 8 in one parliament - you just never know! :hehe:

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Beatsong wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Beatsong wrote:Indeed. Maybe if we're successful enough next time we'll manage to get 12 seats. :hehe:
I very much doubt you will manage to increase your representation by 50% from one election to the next.
How can you say that? If it's possible to DECREASE it by so much more than that - say from 57 to 8 in one parliament - you just never know! :hehe:
You must be under the delusion that I care. The British get what they deserve, whichever brand of freedom-haters they elect to ruin the country is immaterial to me. Too late they all seem to be coming to the slow realisation that the coalition was a golden age of prosperity and stable government, and that it is fundamentally not a coincidence that the country going to shit correlates precisely with the demise of the Liberal Democrats.

In fact, I hope Corbyn does get in, it will destroy hard left politics for eternity. I wonder what ersatz liberty-opposing religion you will take up when that happens?
Insert witty signature here

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 50933
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Beatsong wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Beatsong wrote:Indeed. Maybe if we're successful enough next time we'll manage to get 12 seats. :hehe:
I very much doubt you will manage to increase your representation by 50% from one election to the next.
How can you say that? If it's possible to DECREASE it by so much more than that - say from 57 to 8 in one parliament - you just never know! :hehe:
You must be under the delusion that I care. The British get what they deserve, whichever brand of freedom-haters they elect to ruin the country is immaterial to me. Too late they all seem to be coming to the slow realisation that the coalition was a golden age of prosperity


Unless you were poor or disabled. :bored:
In fact, I hope Corbyn does get in, it will destroy hard left politics for eternity.


:funny: This sounds like yet another numpty prediction from the people who neither understand how an economy works nor that most policies that most people want are what you hyperbolicly call "hard left". And this on the back of your embarrassing prediction of what would happen to Labour under the leadership of Corbyn. :fp:
I wonder what ersatz liberty-opposing religion you will take up when that happens?
It's ironic you refer to religion. Preaching and worshipping at the alter of ideology (in your case freedum), is about as religious a non-religious person can get.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:36 pm

pErvin wrote:Unless you were poor or disabled. :bored:
Surely these myths don't have any mileage left in them?
pErvin wrote::funny: This sounds like yet another numpty prediction from the people who neither understand how an economy works nor that most policies that most people want are what you hyperbolicly call "hard left".
I'm sure a lot of people want everything to be free and for them not to have to pay, and for the rich to carry the can for everything. Needless to say, what is popular and what is realistic are not the same thing.
pErvin wrote:It's ironic you refer to religion. Preaching and worshipping at the alter of ideology (in your case freedum), is about as religious a non-religious person can get.
There is nothing wrong with ideology. The ideological belief that individuals should be as free as is humanly possible is an eminently reasonable one.

It is political dogma that resembles religion, and the thing about liberalism is that it is very much not dogmatic, but pragmatic. That's why the left hate it so very much.
Insert witty signature here

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 50933
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:Unless you were poor or disabled. :bored:
Surely these myths don't have any mileage left in them?
You clearly don't know any disabled people. What ATOS did was unconscionable (unless one is a neoliberal, of course). And you think austerity helps poor people?! :fp:
pErvin wrote::funny: This sounds like yet another numpty prediction from the people who neither understand how an economy works nor that most policies that most people want are what you hyperbolicly call "hard left".
I'm sure a lot of people want everything to be free and for them not to have to pay, and for the rich to carry the can for everything. Needless to say, what is popular and what is realistic are not the same thing.
As I said, you don't understand how economies work. Without a consumer base, capitalism HAS to fail. And that's what we are seeing more and more now.
pErvin wrote:It's ironic you refer to religion. Preaching and worshipping at the alter of ideology (in your case freedum), is about as religious a non-religious person can get.
There is nothing wrong with ideology. The ideological belief that individuals should be as free as is humanly possible is an eminently reasonable one.
It's reasonable as an ideal. But when you let an ideal get in the way of pragmatism, that's inherently stupid.
It is political dogma that resembles religion, and the thing about liberalism is that it is very much not dogmatic, but pragmatic.
:funny: You have GOT to be shitting me. Economic liberalism isn't pragmatic at all. You only have to look at how much you clowns bleat on and on with empty rhetoric about FREEDOM!!. You are obsessed with an ideal. You sacrifice the good for the unobtainable perfect. And what's pragmatic about austerity and trickle-down economics?!? There's virtually no data to support the ideas, and where ever it has been implemented it has either been a disaster or prolonged a recession. It's ideological nonsense without a shadow of a doubt. It's about the short term entrenchment of wealth and power in the upper classes, despite the fact that eventually they'll all be metaphorically swinging from lampposts once wealth inequality reaches too high levels.

About the only example of economic pragmatism that I can call to mind concerning liberals is Friedman's (or was it Hayek's) support for a UBI or something (like negative taxation) with a similar outcome.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 pm

pErvin wrote:You clearly don't know any disabled people
Look who knows so much.

In fact, my girlfriend receives PIP at the enhanced rate. She underwent one of those much maligned capability assessments, and was awarded it without any bother. They even gave her extra time to complete the form when the NHS dragged their heels in supplying her medical information.

Maybe stop believing everything you read?

I haven't even responded to the rest of your post, it bore little relevance to what I actually believe.

Beatsong
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Beatsong » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Beatsong wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Beatsong wrote:Indeed. Maybe if we're successful enough next time we'll manage to get 12 seats. :hehe:
I very much doubt you will manage to increase your representation by 50% from one election to the next.
How can you say that? If it's possible to DECREASE it by so much more than that - say from 57 to 8 in one parliament - you just never know! :hehe:
You must be under the delusion that I care.
Oh OK I get it. Only increasing your representation by 26 seats is a failure to be remarked upon, but decreasing it by some 85% isn't.
The British get what they deserve, whichever brand of freedom-haters they elect to ruin the country is immaterial to me. Too late they all seem to be coming to the slow realisation that the coalition was a golden age of prosperity and stable government
Must have missed the survey.

User avatar
Strontium Dog
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am
About me: Sensitive little flower
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Beatsong wrote:Must have missed the survey.
There's quite a lot you miss, including the fact that Labour lost the election. Their third in a row.
Insert witty signature here

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 25151
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Ah, but they won the moral battle!! :lol:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 20813
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Hermit » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Hermit wrote:I'm laughing at your prediction of a "landslide victory". That's what you were expecting, yes? Unless losing 13 seats and falling short of being able to form a majority government counts as a "landslide victory", your prediction turns out to be laughable indeed. So, yeah, :roflol:
I plead guilty to not being able to predict the future with 100% accuracy, a trait I share with everyone else on the planet, but which is only ever flagged up as a point of criticism when it's me.
"not being able to predict the future with 100% accuracy" is a bit of an understatement, don't you think? And yes, the size of the miscalculation makes it worth laughing about. Do feel free to do exactly that when someone else's prediction turns out to be as spectacularly wide of the mark, snowflake.
Strontium Dog wrote:The fact remains that The Terrorists' Friend...unelectable extremist...
Fact? Terrorist friend? Extremist? Methinks we have spotted a reader of an esteemed research journal.

Image

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 25151
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:18 pm

That's nothing...

Image

:lol:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests