Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Re: RatSkep dropped off again.

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 pm

NineBerry wrote:It is because of the general demise of web forums. Our children won't even know what web forums are. Terrible times.
Future generations will be reduced to hiring people to abuse them for having different opinions. Should create job opportunities for some of the professional R*tSk*p scroungers, at least.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
NineBerry wrote:It is because of the general demise of web forums. Our children won't even know what web forums are. Terrible times.
Future generations will be reduced to hiring people to abuse them for having different opinions. Should create job opportunities for some of the professional R*tSk*p scroungers, at least.
Amazon Echo, Apple Siri, Microsoft Cortana, etc will do that for free.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Robots just ain't the same, man.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:23 am

NineBerry wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Amazon Echo, Apple Siri, Microsoft Cortana, etc will do that for free.
"OK Google... tell me I'm not fit to lick the dirt from you boots"
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:32 am

FFS, Google, this is the same recommendation you gave me last time. Are you purposely trolling me?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:52 am

Anyone know how our bestie mates at Ratskep are dealing with their world view going down the toilet. What with Tory win. Brexit, Trump and another Tory win incoming. I can't even be bothered to go over there to laugh at them as they are so pathetic
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:40 am

They're probably still pining for Hillary. Them and you inbred white trash who voted Trump deserve each other. You're both part of the problem.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:34 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:Anyone know how our bestie mates at Ratskep are dealing with their world view going down the toilet. What with Tory win. Brexit, Trump and another Tory win incoming. I can't even be bothered to go over there to laugh at them as they are so pathetic
Nowhere as near as pathetic as you are here. Brexit is going down the drain and the chances of May winning are evaporating in front her eyes. She does not want to win anyway.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:40 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:Anyone know how our bestie mates at Ratskep are dealing with their world view going down the toilet. What with Tory win. Brexit, Trump and another Tory win incoming. I can't even be bothered to go over there to laugh at them as they are so pathetic
Why not sock it if you're that interested?

The idea that all the members of a forum are 'of a single view' seems ridiculous to me - and mostly appears to come from those who fall foul of the rules but want to blame everyone else for it. "All you bastards hate me anyway!"
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:42 am

For people like Dave and Seth the world is binary. You either a conservative or a Marxist. There's no in between.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:07 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:Anyone know how our bestie mates at Ratskep are dealing with their world view going down the toilet.
Don't know. Don't care. I joined Ratskep seven years ago and lost interest in it four years later. My total of 343 posts in four years indicates that I was never all that enthused about it. Certainly not enough to call their members my "bestie mates".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:05 pm

I lurk there, and I look forward to reading posts by several members.

It's slow but otherwise fine. :shrug:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Is Fallible still Queen Skepper?

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:13 pm

And who's in Fallible?

:hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:39 am

UncertainSloth her partner/hubby. They do a double act now and again.

She wished him happy birthday via the forum.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".