4chan vs Tumblr, its war.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

4chan vs Tumblr, its war.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 pm

The fedora wearing meme-users of the 4chan message boards have decided to raid the whiny SJW otherkin check-your-privilegers of Tumblr. But Tumblr has retaliated by spamming /b/ with pictures of cats. 4chan was down for hours whereas tumblr was offline 17 times in a 24 hour period, as tumblr is notoriously unstable anyway nobody noticed.

At 5pm today the unruly message board 4chan plans to take down the blogging platform Tumblr. 4chan has successfully cowed everyone from Gene Simmons to the Tea Party, but they may have finally met their match.

http://gawker.com/5689652/4chan-vs-tumb ... e-all-lose

NSF anything in the universe, you have been warned [trigger warning, over 9000.]

http://imgur.com/dR7YZ9c

Lastest dispaches from the frontlines.

Edit: fixed nsfw link.
Last edited by DaveDodo007 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Calilasseia
Butterfly
Butterfly
About me: Destroyer of canards, and merciless shredder of bad ideas. :twisted:

Re: 4chan vs Tumblr, its war.

Post by Calilasseia » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:40 pm

What a pity Encyclopaedia Dramatica no longer exists in its original form. This is tailor made for an entry therein.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Calilasseia wrote:What a pity Encyclopaedia Dramatica no longer exists in its original form. This is tailor made for an entry therein.
What happened to ED?
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Calilasseia
Butterfly
Butterfly
About me: Destroyer of canards, and merciless shredder of bad ideas. :twisted:

Post by Calilasseia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:38 pm

It sort of ... vanished ish. Apparently the site owner became disillusioned with the direction it was taking, and set up a different site called "Oh Internet" instead. More here. However, someone has created a fork here.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Cheers, Cali.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:53 pm

tumblr is notoriously unstable anyway nobody noticed.
Perhaps nobody had a need to look at camel toes today?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Occupy The Wilder Web, vote for meeee.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:12 am

Calilasseia wrote:It sort of ... vanished ish. Apparently the site owner became disillusioned with the direction it was taking, and set up a different site called "Oh Internet" instead. More here. However, someone has created a fork here.
Addendum: Since I have awoke this thread from the dead, after taking their (Encyclopedia_Dramatica) off them the Encyclopedia Dramatica crew produced a new site and then nuked the Oh Internet site from orbit. The moral of the story is 'don't mess with 14 year old boys on the Internet' as it is a game you can't win. Just to be clear you should also not mess with 14 year old boys in real life because somebody might call the fuzz, so I have heard. Though seeing as you lot are so square unlike totally hip me daddy-o you probably don't understand teh yoof anyway.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:It sort of ... vanished ish. Apparently the site owner became disillusioned with the direction it was taking, and set up a different site called "Oh Internet" instead. More here. However, someone has created a fork here.
Addendum: Since I have awoke this thread from the dead, after taking their (Encyclopedia_Dramatica) off them the Encyclopedia Dramatica crew produced a new site and then nuked the Oh Internet site from orbit. The moral of the story is 'don't mess with 14 year old boys on the Internet' as it is a game you can't win. Just to be clear you should also not mess with 14 year old boys in real life because somebody might call the fuzz, so I have heard. Though seeing as you lot are so square unlike totally hip me daddy-o you probably don't understand teh yoof anyway.
I teach the youth how to solve quadratic equations... :levi:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:39 am

JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
I teach the youth how to solve quadratic equations... :levi:
I bet you're popular. :smoke: