DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:18 am

theropod wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
theropod wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:I rounded down.
Right. Glad to know you have read all 6,501 of my postings on ratskep so carefully and arrived at your concise professional opinion. Thank you ever so much for this free service you have provided. Perhaps you can reference me to a local professional so that I may get the in depth help I so desperately need. Just knowing you care this much means the world to me. So few people are this thoughtful these days, and you should feel pride in the fullness of your compassion. I now feel a breakthrough may just be around the next corner. My life might now have the meaning that has been missing these many years. Again, thank you ever so much. I remain in your debt as long as I may live.

RS
Why are you so angry?
:funny:

Come on. You can troll better than this. I've seen the your definitive work, and the above falls far short of the epic tomes Ive previously witnessed. At least do us the favor of putting a little effort into it. Sad, really, to see how your skills have become so dulled.

RS
I don't troll. Never. Ever.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:19 am

Hermit wrote:
theropod wrote:Come on. You can troll better than this. I've seen the your definitive work, and the above falls far short of the epic tomes Ive previously witnessed. At least do us the favor of putting a little effort into it. Sad, really, to see how your skills have become so dulled.
Oh come on, Theropod. Cut rEvolutionist some slack. Having moved to the coast he is now more interested in photographing seagulls on the beach and chewing the fat with his new mate, Syd than to stir up tempers. He's become too contented and a bit too flabby for all this excitement.
Poor Syd, I haven't trolled him for a while either. To be honest, he trolls me. He just doesn't realise he's doing it..
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:20 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:The 1,000 post. :cheer:

On rEv's thread. :sadcheer:
this one is your thread. I just started the latest instalment for you.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:23 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
tattuchu wrote:I think I understand the requisite posting style of RS members now. It goes somewhat like this:
1) M1 (member the 1st) posts a relatively innocuous comment or remark, incapable of causing offense by any reasonable measure.
2) M2 (member the 2nd) -whether unintentionally or willfully- misinterprets, misrepresents, and overreacts to M1's comment. M2 then launches into a lengthy screed. "Lengthy screed" is not redundant here because the screed is lengthy even for a screed.
3) M1...well, it really doesn't matter what M1 says in response. He may try to clarify his original statement, he may call M2 an idiot or a retard (in polite or impolite terms), he may be compassionate in his response, or he may employ humor. Again, it doesn't matter what he says because...
4) M2 will take his response as an opportunity to launch into a diatribe, as verbose and look-how-clever-I-am sarcastic as possible, and carefully misconstruing M1's response and especially ignoring any good-natured humor that may have been in it. The important thing here is to one-up the (perceived) opponent.
5) M1 will either respond or not. If he responds, it could be in any manner of ways. It really doesn't matter how he responds, however, because...
6) M2 will take M1's response as further proof of his opponent's intellectual inferiority. M2 will then declare himself victorious in the (imagined) battle, and he may then launch into another diatribe in order to hammer this point home.
7) [optional] If M1 fails to respond again to the clearly mentally deficient or insane M2, as there's no longer any point in attempting to engage with a stupid crazy person, M2 take the silence as an admission of defeat on M1's part.
All this time I was struggling for an identity and now I have one. I am an M1. Thank you.
You are every persecuted minority in the world, SD. You all stand as one. Don't despair, SD, one day your oppressors will get their just desserts.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:04 am

No they won't, guns are illegal here.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:36 am

You'll overcome them with your towering intellect.

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:45 am

Strontium Dog wrote:No they won't, guns are illegal here.
That's not creepy at all.
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

Babel

Post by Babel » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:56 am

And wrong.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Don't be ridiculous, the pair of you. I would never effect a permanent solution to the people who ruin my life, I have far too much to lose.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Why on earth would you allow other people to ruin your life?
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Whatever the reason, it is globally scandalous.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Fallible wrote:Why on earth would you allow other people to ruin your life?
Eh? I have no control over what other people write.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Eh? What other people post on some obscure forum ruins your life?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

What others post at the other place does not ruin your life S D because if that was true then you would not be
engaging with them in the first place and extensively so too at that. And you are therefore more than capable
of taking it and have been doing it so long now for it to be second nature. You do love hyperbole though. But
the only person who is susceptible to believing what you think is yourself. But it is just the internet and they
are random strangers at the end of the day so try not to carry them around with you twenty four seven. Now
when I take a break from Rat Skep I can manage to free my mind of it quite quickly. Works better that way
You are not like poor I T who sometimes has panic attacks because of what others post there so be grateful
for having a thick skin because not everyone has that luxury
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

Fallible

Post by Fallible » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
What do you men 'eh'? I pretty clearly didn't say you had control over what other people write. I asked you why on earth you would allow other people to ruin your life. It seems that you actually allow what people write to ruin your life. That seems more than a little unhinged and ridiculous. No wonder you're in a perpetual state of offendedness if you're so emotionally attached to what other people say that you allow it to ruin your life. Fucking weird.
One day.
- Yann Tiersen