DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
LucidFlight
About me: I enjoy transcending space-time.

Re: DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

Post by LucidFlight » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:46 pm

theropod wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
theropod wrote:
tattuchu wrote:
theropod wrote:Isn't that something? I just submitted my note to terminate my membership there.

RS
Because Samsa (supposedly) insulted Cito? Or because Samsa was suspended for a year?
Neither. I quit before Mr. Samsa's latest episode, and my reasons are my own.

RS
I don't know whether you are angry in real life, but you post very angry over there. Probably a good thing for your mental health to walk away.
:funny:

It's probably a good thing for both myself and ratskep, but again, my reasons are my own. I do, however, delight in the armchair psychoanalysis you have displayed above. Since you have apparently read every single post I made there perhaps you point out the anger in my contributions to the "Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife" thread. I must have been in such a blind rage that I've forgotten what I posted.

RS
Woah there, theropod! No need to go flying off the handle, mate. Look, I know what it's like to be lost in a sea of hatred and aggression. Tensions are high right now, there's no doubt about that, but we have to get it together and not let all our pent-up angst and vitriol control our lives. Want me to go through those breathing exercises with you again? Come on. We can work through this together. Just give it a chance.
Sent from my eyeballs using — that's not how this works; that's not how any of this works.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:58 pm

theropod wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
theropod wrote:
tattuchu wrote:
theropod wrote:Isn't that something? I just submitted my note to terminate my membership there.

RS
Because Samsa (supposedly) insulted Cito? Or because Samsa was suspended for a year?
Neither. I quit before Mr. Samsa's latest episode, and my reasons are my own.

RS
I don't know whether you are angry in real life, but you post very angry over there. Probably a good thing for your mental health to walk away.

It's probably a good thing for both myself and ratskep, but again, my reasons are my own. I do, however, delight in the armchair psychoanalysis you have displayed above. Since you have apparently read every single post I made there perhaps you point out the anger in my contributions to the "Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife" thread. I must have been in such a blind rage that I've forgotten what I posted.

RS
I've read every single one of your posts, and 72% of them are angry.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:00 pm

That's very precise, rEv. :lol:
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:03 pm

I rounded down.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

theropod

Post by theropod » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:17 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:I rounded down.
Right. Glad to know you have read all 6,501 of my postings on ratskep so carefully and arrived at your concise professional opinion. Thank you ever so much for this free service you have provided. Perhaps you can reference me to a local professional so that I may get the in depth help I so desperately need. Just knowing you care this much means the world to me. So few people are this thoughtful these days, and you should feel pride in the fullness of your compassion. I now feel a breakthrough may just be around the next corner. My life might now have the meaning that has been missing these many years. Again, thank you ever so much. I remain in your debt as long as I may live.

RS
"Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken."
14 years off-grid and counting

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Glad to see you here, theropod. Welcome to the lifeboat's leaky inner tube.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:47 pm

theropod wrote:
Right. Glad to know you have read all 6,501 of my postings on ratskep so carefully and arrived at your concise professional opinion. Thank you ever so much for this free service you have provided. Perhaps you can reference me to a local professional so that I may get the in depth help I so desperately need. Just knowing you care this much means the world to me. So few people are this thoughtful these days, and you should feel pride in the fullness of your compassion. I now feel a breakthrough may just be around the next corner. My life might now have the meaning that has been missing these many years. Again, thank you ever so much. I remain in your debt as long as I may live.

RS
Why are you so angry?

theropod

Post by theropod » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:26 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
theropod wrote:

RS
Why are you so angry?

Come on. You can troll better than this. I've seen the your definitive work, and the above falls far short of the epic tomes Ive previously witnessed. At least do us the favor of putting a little effort into it. Sad, really, to see how your skills have become so dulled.

RS
"Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken."
14 years off-grid and counting

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:48 pm

theropod wrote:Come on. You can troll better than this. I've seen the your definitive work, and the above falls far short of the epic tomes Ive previously witnessed. At least do us the favor of putting a little effort into it. Sad, really, to see how your skills have become so dulled.
Oh come on, Theropod. Cut rEvolutionist some slack. Having moved to the coast he is now more interested in photographing seagulls on the beach and chewing the fat with his new mate, Syd than to stir up tempers. He's become too contented and a bit too flabby for all this excitement.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:56 pm

A salt water redneck is something to be
If you want to be a salt water redneck well just follow me.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:24 pm

The 1,000 post. :cheer:

On rEv's thread. :sadcheer:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:42 pm

I think I understand the requisite posting style of RS members now. It goes somewhat like this:
1) M1 (member the 1st) posts a relatively innocuous comment or remark, incapable of causing offense by any reasonable measure.
2) M2 (member the 2nd) -whether unintentionally or willfully- misinterprets, misrepresents, and overreacts to M1's comment. M2 then launches into a lengthy screed. "Lengthy screed" is not redundant here because the screed is lengthy even for a screed.
3) M1...well, it really doesn't matter what M1 says in response. He may try to clarify his original statement, he may call M2 an idiot or a retard (in polite or impolite terms), he may be compassionate in his response, or he may employ humor. Again, it doesn't matter what he says because...
4) M2 will take his response as an opportunity to launch into a diatribe, as verbose and look-how-clever-I-am sarcastic as possible, and carefully misconstruing M1's response and especially ignoring any good-natured humor that may have been in it. The important thing here is to one-up the (perceived) opponent.
5) M1 will either respond or not. If he responds, it could be in any manner of ways. It really doesn't matter how he responds, however, because...
6) M2 will take M1's response as further proof of his opponent's intellectual inferiority. M2 will then declare himself victorious in the (imagined) battle, and he may then launch into another diatribe in order to hammer this point home.
7) [optional] If M1 fails to respond again to the clearly mentally deficient or insane M2, as there's no longer any point in attempting to engage with a stupid crazy person, M2 take the silence as an admission of defeat on M1's part.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:51 pm

tattuchu wrote:I think I understand the requisite posting style of RS members now. It goes somewhat like this:
1) M1 (member the 1st) posts a relatively innocuous comment or remark, incapable of causing offense by any reasonable measure.
2) M2 (member the 2nd) -whether unintentionally or willfully- misinterprets, misrepresents, and overreacts to M1's comment. M2 then launches into a lengthy screed. "Lengthy screed" is not redundant here because the screed is lengthy even for a screed.
3) M1...well, it really doesn't matter what M1 says in response. He may try to clarify his original statement, he may call M2 an idiot or a retard (in polite or impolite terms), he may be compassionate in his response, or he may employ humor. Again, it doesn't matter what he says because...
4) M2 will take his response as an opportunity to launch into a diatribe, as verbose and look-how-clever-I-am sarcastic as possible, and carefully misconstruing M1's response and especially ignoring any good-natured humor that may have been in it. The important thing here is to one-up the (perceived) opponent.
5) M1 will either respond or not. If he responds, it could be in any manner of ways. It really doesn't matter how he responds, however, because...
6) M2 will take M1's response as further proof of his opponent's intellectual inferiority. M2 will then declare himself victorious in the (imagined) battle, and he may then launch into another diatribe in order to hammer this point home.
7) [optional] If M1 fails to respond again to the clearly mentally deficient or insane M2, as there's no longer any point in attempting to engage with a stupid crazy person, M2 take the silence as an admission of defeat on M1's part.
All this time I was struggling for an identity and now I have one. I am an M1. Thank you.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Surendra Darathy wrote:
Mr.Samsa wrote:I said that part of his post was incomprehensible and sounded like the kind of thing a schizophrenic would write.
When you feel you don't understand what someone is saying, or feel you don't understand the relevance of what someone is saying, you're always happy to let the world know. It's all just monolithically incomprehensible, according to you. I think you're lying when you say you don't understand, or say you don't understand the relevance. It may only be a dreary mixture of inarticulate laziness and arrogance failing to find alternatives to animated gifs and snippets from the PMG. I could forgive your sad performance only if it was evidence of a reading disability or plain stupidity on your part. You simply took your laziness and arrogance to another level in trying to blame your purported lexical difficulties on something in someone else's head.

You're among the finest examples I've ever seen on the internet of somebody who keeps pulling the same infantile shit over and over again, finding it doesn't work, and blaming the pain on anyone but himself. Do you wonder why my shit works at RatSkep and yours doesn't? Stop blaming other people for your problems and you'll become a happier camper almost immediately. Just FTR, Samsa, I find nothing wrong with a little arrogance if you back it up with something besides the arrogance itself. At the very least, I wrote stuff that passes the FUA at RatSkep, and you didn't. To go with piscator's analogy, we'd call it 'sailing close to the wind', which requires some skill, or so I've heard. No luff lost between us
You must be very lonely.

Or else incapable uff it.
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:55 pm

I was just thinking that if this was a Rat Skep thread it would probably be locked by now while
mods considered multiple reports. The freedom over here is far greater than over there so that
in and of itself is a good thing. Though for myself it makes no actual difference but just saying
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN