DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Re: DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

Post by Fallible » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:What others post at the other place does not ruin your life S D because if that was true then you would not be
engaging with them in the first place and extensively so too at that. And you are therefore more than capable
of taking it and have been doing it so long now for it to be second nature. You do love hyperbole though. But
the only person who is susceptible to believing what you think is yourself. But it is just the internet and they
are random strangers at the end of the day so try not to carry them around with you twenty four seven. Now
when I take a break from Rat Skep I can manage to free my mind of it quite quickly. Works better that way
You are not like poor I T who sometimes has panic attacks because of what others post there so be grateful
for having a thick skin because not everyone has that luxury
First of all you have no idea whether she has panic attacks or not. Second of all, you also have no idea whether anyone else has panic attacks or not. You know what people say. There's a world of difference. There are, for example, several people posting on RatSkep who claim to have anxiety disorders including panic attacks - I know because they've told me privately. The difference between them and someone like IT is that they don't bang on about them at any given opportunity or use them as an excuse to leave a thread when someone's taken issue with what they've said, and so you would have no way of knowing. When you say crap like the above, you could very well be inducing a panic attack or other anxiety episode in someone who is guilty of nothing more than not allowing their personal problems to spill out onto the forum. One wonders why you don't bother to consider that eventuality.
Last edited by Fallible on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:What others post at the other place does not ruin your life S D because if that was true then you would not be
engaging with them in the first place and extensively so too at that. And you are therefore more than capable
of taking it and have been doing it so long now for it to be second nature. You do love hyperbole though. But
the only person who is susceptible to believing what you think is yourself. But it is just the internet and they
are random strangers at the end of the day so try not to carry them around with you twenty four seven. Now
when I take a break from Rat Skep I can manage to free my mind of it quite quickly. Works better that way
You are not like poor I T who sometimes has panic attacks because of what others post there so be grateful
for having a thick skin because not everyone has that luxury
Victim blaming. :nono:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Fallible wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Fallible wrote:Why on earth would you allow other people to ruin your life?
Eh? I have no control over what other people write.
What do you men 'eh'? I pretty clearly didn't say you had control over what other people write. I asked you why on earth you would allow other people to ruin your life. It seems that you actually allow what people write to ruin your life. That seems more than a little unhinged and ridiculous. No wonder you're in a perpetual state of offendedness if you're so emotionally attached to what other people say that you allow it to ruin your life. Fucking weird.
Clear victim blaming, yes.

You make it sound like there's more to life than what other people think of you.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Strontium Dog wrote: You make it sound like there's more to life than what other people think of you.
You mean there isn't? Jesus I'm well and truly fucked, even I don't like me.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:29 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Fallible wrote:Why on earth would you allow other people to ruin your life?
Eh? I have no control over what other people write.
What do you men 'eh'? I pretty clearly didn't say you had control over what other people write. I asked you why on earth you would allow other people to ruin your life. It seems that you actually allow what people write to ruin your life. That seems more than a little unhinged and ridiculous. No wonder you're in a perpetual state of offendedness if you're so emotionally attached to what other people say that you allow it to ruin your life. Fucking weird.
Clear victim blaming, yes.
You allow what people write about you to ruin your life. How does that work?
You make it sound like there's more to life than what other people think of you.
You almost make it sound like you're serious.
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Thread well over 1000 posts. Feel free to start another if you still have more whining about RatSkep to do. :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur