Rationalskepiticism,lol.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Scott1328

Re: Rationalskepiticism,lol.

Post by Scott1328 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:46 am

Weaver and Theropod got warnings. IMHO, both should have gotten temp 24 hr cool down just as Ugaboo did a while back when he had his meltdown ( any bets on whose sock puppet that one is? ), also their off topic flame outs should have been removed.
Mr.Samsa wrote:Any takers before the decision is made? Maybe Fallible will be permabanned as a troll like Weaver demanded? Maybe Scott# will be outed as my ingenious sockpuppet? Maybe the underground rebel group will rise up and take over RatSkep before any decision can be made?
:funny:
No, but If you send me a shirtless photo, I might agree to be your girlfriend.

Eta: that you come over to Ratz to complain about Ratskep is well known, and it does not violate any rules to do so, so I don't think a rational argument can be made that you revealed any kind of secret communication.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 14, 2014 3:56 am

FBM wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Too late to edit that last post, but it might not have been Stijn who was a cunt to others. It might have been Kiore. It was a long time ago now and I don't have access to my PM's to remind me who said what exactly. Either way, those two were dismissive of my concerns in a condescending way.
Well, that's nice. :coffee:

:hehe:
What's so funny, cunt?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Wed May 14, 2014 4:00 am

rEvolutionist wrote:What?? Of course you fucking do. I filled the feedback forum with acres of print on the same shit you lot are complaining about.
I don't really remember any, except I think there were a few asking for Seth to be banned or something (not sure if that was you or not though). That isn't to say that you didn't start them but just I wasn't aware of them, so I doubt I was a mod at the time.
rEvolutionist wrote:I had multiple conversations with individual mods via PM, which unfortunately I've lost due to my banning.
Again, I can't really comment on that as you never PM'd me so either I was a mod and the others didn't raise your concerns with the other mods, or I wasn't a mod.
rEvolutionist wrote:I don't think I was labelled a troll by any mods to my face, but fallible and stijn were condescending cockheads to me and others (well, Stijn was to others as well, I don't know if fallible was).
Maybe they were, I don't know, but the advantage of the mod system back then compared to now (and it's something that I, as well as Fallible, Stijn, and others always defended) was the exception to the "PM sharing" rule when it comes to mods. So if they were cocks to you through PM then you could start a Feedback thread about it and ask everyone else if they think that's appropriate.

Now of course THWOTH wasn't very happy with that and he threatens to ban anyone who reveals the contents of official mod PMs. If you think you're being mistreated by the mods, what is your only course of action? To report them to themselves. Oh look, they've decided to close the report without action. That's why they're essentially working on shutting down the Feedback forum as well because they don't have enough control over it.

They can tell someone to fuck off over PM and then just ignore them but when someone starts a feedback thread like I did and have 20+ people agreeing that the mods fucked up, then it's much harder to tell them to fuck off and ignore them. Of course, he still somehow manages to do just that with his politician speak where he pretends to answer the question, then locks the thread before anyone can respond.
rEvolutionist wrote:And I and others were trolled like motherfuckers by redwhine and MoS and Regina too I think, for daring to question the status quo. And then there were the usual sycophantic nobodies like Scot Dutchy types who just sniped because it made them feel important sticking up for their heroes the mods.
You're preaching to the original choir here. I (along with Fallible, Stijn, and others) hated the sycophants in the feedback forum who tried to 'defend' us. It was nice that we had some support but it was blind support which isn't helpful to anyone. And, importantly, they simply derailed the threads and caused massive flamewars.

We tried for ages to come up with a rule to limit their ability to shut down criticisms of the mods but everything we came up with just ultimately hindered some valid expression on the functioning of the forum.
rEvolutionist wrote:Actually, Weaver was a mod then and attacked AndyX terribly and the mods did nothing about it. You probably defended him at the time.
I don't know what situation you're describing and my current limited search capabilities aren't helping, but I don't think I've been a mod at the same time as Weaver (or, at least there wasn't a lot of overlap that I can recall) so I couldn't have had a hand in dealing with any reports on him. As for "defending" him more generally, that would depend entirely on whether what he said violated the rules or not - but arguing that something isn't against the rules isn't the same as arguing for the truth or necessity of the statement.

I've defend a whole lot of shit said on Ratskep in terms of what the rules say but that obviously doesn't mean I support the actual statements themselves. I've even defended Tyrannical's bullshit which was thinly veiled racism on the basis that the issues he brought up were well-within the rules. It goes without saying that I'm not perfect and certainly not always right, but my intentions have always been to argue in the interests of what's best for the forum.
Scott1328 wrote:Weaver and Theropod got warnings. IMHO, both should have gotten temp 24 hr cool down just as Ugaboo did a while back when he had his meltdown ( any bets on whose sock puppet that one is? ), also their off topic flame outs should have been removed.
Well then. I'm happy to admit that I was wrong, good job on the mods there as I know it was probably tough to sanction their friends for comments they likely agreed with. I agree that a 24hr suspension would have made more sense for them there as well though.
Scott1328 wrote:
Mr.Samsa wrote:Any takers before the decision is made? Maybe Fallible will be permabanned as a troll like Weaver demanded? Maybe Scott# will be outed as my ingenious sockpuppet? Maybe the underground rebel group will rise up and take over RatSkep before any decision can be made?
:funny:
No, but If you send me a shirtless photo, I might agree to your girlfriend.
Won't work, they know what she looks like. But since she's not allowed to sign up to the forum at all (THWOTH still can't tell me the reasoning for this given that the charge was that I supposedly used her account against her wishes so she's technically a victim of her account being hacked and she got banned for it, I regularly keep asking but he never explains), maybe the mods think she's dead or something so you could be my new lover, as after her tragic death I could no longer give myself over to another woman as their boobs remind me of her.

What the hell.. Why am I responding to my own sock account? I must be losing it.
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 14, 2014 4:16 am

Thinking back on my stuff, I don't think you were a mod at the time I went full retard on the mods. You did defend all sorts of shit, the same sort of shit you complain about now. Not that it matters much any more.

I've got a theory: LIFE and I had a few discussions about the moderation system and the moderator culture, and he agreed with me that there was a problem and that he was writing up an answer to all our (myself and others who were complaining about moderation) concerns. That of course never came, despite multiple PM's from him telling me it was imminent (24hours at one point). My theory is that just after that 24 hour one, LIFE died (probably murdered by Metatron and Weaver :hehe: ), and his mum took over his account. She just pays the bills now, but of course doesn't know shit about phpBB. It explains everything! Well not how Samsa and Scott(numbers) are the same person. But almost everything!
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Wed May 14, 2014 4:37 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Thinking back on my stuff, I don't think you were a mod at the time I went full retard on the mods. You did defend all sorts of shit, the same sort of shit you complain about now. Not that it matters much any more.
Yeah I definitely wasn't a mod when you were in your final death throes on the forum, but I'd disagree that I defended the stuff I'm complaining about now - I've always been a thorn in the asses of the mods, even when I was a mod, precisely because if there is any hint of a problem I'm willing to keep prodding it until it bursts. Maybe I'm thinking of pimples actually, but the same logic applies to how I approach RatSkep.

That was the annoying thing about (seemingly) being one of the few people who was arguing based on merit, not based on who was involved, and that was that no matter what I argued for I was accused of basically being a shill for something. If I thought the mods were right then I was a sycophant who'd never dare disagree with them but then the next day I'd point out that the warning system seems to work because SD hasn't been given a warning in months and suddenly I'm in love with SD, supporting every single thing he says. The next day I point out that the mods have fucked up somewhere and suddenly I'm trolling the mods by demanding that they're always perfect, and don't I know they're only volunteers, and clearly I'm only complaining because I'm jealous or something, etc etc.

I have no "side", I only argue for what seems to be right. That's why even now I regularly post in feedback defending mod decisions - there was one just last week with Jamest. If I was simply there to troll the mods, as I'm accused of by some people, then what kind of trolling game am I playing where I only support positions which seem to be logically correct?

Sorry, devolved into a mini-rant there. SUCK MY COCKS!
rEvolutionist wrote:I've got a theory: LIFE and I had a few discussions about the moderation system and the moderator culture, and he agreed with me that there was a problem and that he was writing up an answer to all our (myself and others who were complaining about moderation) concerns. That of course never came, despite multiple PM's from him telling me it was imminent (24hours at one point). My theory is that just after that 24 hour one, LIFE died (probably murdered by Metatron and Weaver :hehe: ), and his mum took over his account. She just pays the bills now, but of course doesn't know shit about phpBB. It explains everything! Well not how Samsa and Scott(numbers) are the same person. But almost everything!
That is indeed a serious possibility, especially since Weaver is essentially just a mercenary for hire.

There have definitely been issues with moderation though and I think one of the biggest problems is that there is no system in place to fire a mod and nobody wants to talk about it. Whilst I was there there were a few occasions were votes were taken on whether someone should still be allowed to mod (two mods in particular, and one of them the vote was taken a couple of times following different events) and even though the vote was pretty much unanimous, the head mod couldn't go through with it.
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 14, 2014 4:41 am

This thread is like a cabal of exiled Trotskyites discussing what is happening in Party Headquarters at Moscow...

Beware the ice pick!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 4:43 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
FBM wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Too late to edit that last post, but it might not have been Stijn who was a cunt to others. It might have been Kiore. It was a long time ago now and I don't have access to my PM's to remind me who said what exactly. Either way, those two were dismissive of my concerns in a condescending way.
Well, that's nice. :coffee:

What's so funny, cunt?
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am

Oh. ;)

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Wed May 14, 2014 4:51 am

JimC wrote:This thread is like a cabal of exiled Trotskyites discussing what is happening in Party Headquarters at Moscow...

Beware the ice pick!
Shussh. This place is super secret. It's one of an infinite number of "other forums" where we might be discussing our plans - nobody will suspect we're talking at Rationalia unless we are PMd about it!

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 5:02 am

I just wanted to alert anyone who's not familiar with our policy of ending threads at 1,000 posts that we have a policy of ending threads at 1,000 posts. That means
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 5:04 am

that this is the last post of this thread. The routine is for someone to start a new one on the same topic and provide a link to this thread in the OP. Then get therapy.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Wed May 14, 2014 5:11 am

FBM wrote:The routine is for someone to start a new one on the same topic and provide a link to this thread in the OP.
Please god, no...
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 pm