Dawkins Pedophilia Remarks - Derail from For Reason & Science

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
HomerJay

Re: Dawkins Pedophilia Remarks - Derail from For Reason & Sc

Post by HomerJay » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Rum wrote:It seems to me that it is dangerous for any person of any description remotely in the public eye to make any comment whatsoever (good, bad or indifferent) concerning paedophilia, rape, gender issues and the like with any expectation that the remarks will be treated objectively. Anyone with an agenda will immediately rip them to shreds for what they are interpreted as actually *meaning* and often their reputation will be damaged beyond prepare. It is getting beyond a joke.

..and that is before we get started on Islam!
I'd agree there's an unhealthy mix of hysteria but combined with apelust style ideologues who are convinced that discussing the qualitative scale is actually in itself harmful to victims or future victims or the families and everyone.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:48 pm

HomerJay wrote:
Rum wrote:It seems to me that it is dangerous for any person of any description remotely in the public eye to make any comment whatsoever (good, bad or indifferent) concerning paedophilia, rape, gender issues and the like with any expectation that the remarks will be treated objectively. Anyone with an agenda will immediately rip them to shreds for what they are interpreted as actually *meaning* and often their reputation will be damaged beyond prepare. It is getting beyond a joke.

..and that is before we get started on Islam!
I'd agree there's an unhealthy mix of hysteria but combined with apelust style ideologues who are convinced that discussing the qualitative scale is actually in itself harmful to victims or future victims or the families and everyone.
Indeed. By even hinting that not everything is on the same level of horrible, or that people might have had different reactions to their own personal experiences, is seen as an attack and invalidation of others. Hypocritically, they're trying just as hard to define others' perceptions and experiences as they accuse anyone who thinks differently of doing to them.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:05 am

Scrumple wrote:If it is like a disability and can be detected using brain scans or specially designed tripwire questionnaires then chemical castration will be of great benefit for their victims? Given the high suicide rate amongst victims, decades later in some instances, the priority should be the victim not the culprit even if they appear harmless to some - which I find dubious from Dawkins since he surely must be well aware of the data concerning suicide and self-harming behaviours from victims of abuse?
:this:

One of Bron's friends husband committed suicide last year, after an inquiry into abuse by priests brought back old memories.

No sympathy from me to these arseholes, only contempt and anger...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:19 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Seth wrote:Maybe he's just a closet homosexual and enjoyed the "touching," but he's unwilling to admit it.
Erm..I'm assuming that you haven't been keeping up with lp posts on RD.
Of course not. Why would I?
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:22 am

Seth wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Seth wrote:Maybe he's just a closet homosexual and enjoyed the "touching," but he's unwilling to admit it.
Dave's point is that plenty of evidence seems to be coming out in that thread about RD being a serial womaniser, with mistresses galore, which somewhat obviates your point...
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:38 am

JimC wrote:
Seth wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Dave's point is that plenty of evidence seems to be coming out in that thread about RD being a serial womaniser, with mistresses galore, which somewhat obviates your point...
Maybe he's just putting up a false front. My first girlfriend was a bisexual who dated me because I was "safe" and because she needed cover against accusations of lesbianism.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:34 am

Seth wrote:Maybe he's just putting up a false front. My first girlfriend was a bisexual who dated me because I was "safe" and because she needed cover against accusations of lesbianism.
You were "safe", huh? People putting up a false front usually are. :mrgreen:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 am

Seth wrote:
JimC wrote:
Seth wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Maybe he's just putting up a false front. My first girlfriend was a bisexual who dated me because I was "safe" and because she needed cover against accusations of lesbianism.
One wife is usually enough cover for a covert gay.

Mistresses are usually there for lust and licentiousness...
And my gin!

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 am

Cult leader and lot's of opportunity, the working premise. You should know the score by now? :tup:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:47 am

Scrumple wrote:Cult leader and lot's of opportunity, the working premise. You should know the score by now? :tup:
And the reflex reaction of a certain type of female personality to males perceived as leaders...

Gotta grab those alpha male sperm...

(please note, no generalisation to females overall...)
And my gin!

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:52 am

JimC wrote:
Scrumple wrote:Cult leader and lot's of opportunity, the working premise. You should know the score by now? :tup:
And the reflex reaction of a certain type of female personality to males perceived as leaders...

Gotta grab those alpha male sperm...

(please note, no generalisation to females overall...)
Who wouldn't put their hand in the cookie jar?

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Then Dawkins was always the outsider wanting in, being a white african living in the UK/US which could explain his squeaky 'almost cliff richard' clean public persona he has maintained through the years - subconscious compensation for never being quite on the dime? This could be ideal cover for a darker altogether different persona which reflected the frustrations of being born outside the tribe? It'll be interesting where things go with this 1970s glam science rock star now?

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Scrumple wrote:Then Dawkins was always the outsider wanting in, being a white african living in the UK/US which could explain his squeaky 'almost cliff richard' clean public persona he has maintained through the years - subconscious compensation for never being quite on the dime? This could be ideal cover for a darker altogether different persona which reflected the frustrations of being born outside the tribe? It'll be interesting where things go with this 1970s glam science rock star now?
This is amusing, but you don't half talk some shit at times.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Scrumple wrote:Then Dawkins was always the outsider wanting in, being a white african living in the UK/US which could explain his squeaky 'almost cliff richard' clean public persona he has maintained through the years - subconscious compensation for never being quite on the dime? This could be ideal cover for a darker altogether different persona which reflected the frustrations of being born outside the tribe? It'll be interesting where things go with this 1970s glam science rock star now?
[Evolutionary biologist] All whites were Africans.[/Evolutionary biologist]
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Skepticus
About me: Oh, what wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face? I sometimes hang awake at night, dreaming of being spat at in the face.

MY BITCOIN TIP JAR:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1BTC2PAYFNZNU1RpLQs5Jy8z5xdNJ2RyUU

Post by Skepticus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:28 am

JimC wrote: Mistresses are usually there for lust and licentiousness...
Bless them. :td: Bless them one and all.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless that testimony be of such a knd, that it's
falsehood would be more miraculous, than the fact which it endevours to establish. ~~~ David Hume

FOR MICRO-EVOLUTION THERE'S Image FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERE'S Image