Allah trolls Saudi wedding. 23 dead....

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
odysseus

Allah trolls Saudi wedding. 23 dead....

Post by odysseus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/celebratory-gu ... 02832.html
Celebratory gunfire at Saudi wedding cuts cable, 23 electrocuted

RIYADH (Reuters) - Celebratory gunfire at a wedding party in eastern Saudi Arabia on Tuesday night brought down an electric cable, killing 23 people, a local civil defence official said.
"At the wedding, the cable fell on a metal door and the 23 people who died were all electrocuted," Eastern Province official Abdullah Khashman said by phone.
A photograph of the aftermath of the accident, published on local newspapers' websites showed a large courtyard strewn with fallen chairs and a pole in the middle supporting cables carrying lightbulbs.
All those killed were from the same tribe, Khashman said. Thirty others were injured in the incident near Abqaiq, a centre of the Saudi energy industry.
Saudi Arabia banned the shooting of firearms at weddings, a popular tradition in tribal areas of the conservative Islamic kingdom, last month.
Eastern Province governor Prince Mohammed bin Fahd ordered an investigation into the incident, the official Saudi Press Agency reported.
Didn't anyone fill in a risk assessment? The Health and Safety Executive will be beside themselves. :tea:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Allah trolls Saudi wedding. 23 dead....

Post by laklak » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Hey, let's shoot guns in the air! Yeah! What could go wrong?

Here's another one, Cdesignproponent posted the link over at RS:

Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:53 pm

Surely he wanted to be shot. What a horrible shit he is for letting his son do it.

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 pm

I thought we already had a Darwin awards thread?
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 pm

I attended a wedding not so long ago should of done this if for nothing else accidentally putting a few AK rounds into certain guests. :coffee:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 am

Guns don't kill people. Electric cables do.

And I'm sure that kid would have found a knife and killed his dad, if the gun was not available.

It's political correctness gone mad.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.