The Trial of Justin Vacula

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Coito ergo sum

Re: The Trial of Justin Vacula

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:46 pm

I find it interesting how they assert that others have no business telling them how to feel, but that it is very common for them to ridicule other people's feelings. I mean, let's assume my feelings were, in fact, hurt (arguendo). Wouldn't that be important? Or, are my feelings just silly things that are worthy of being "dismissed"?

It is, yet another, example, here of how AtheismPlussers are recasting 1950s gender roles into feminist rhetoric. Women have feelings that can be hurt, and need to be handled gingerly. Real men don't, because they are big and strong and ought to be able to handle it. So, if a man has hurt feelings, it's not to be respected -- he's not a real man because he has "hurt fee fees."

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:46 pm

My peepee hurts when I weewee because her hoohah was infected with caca. Blah blah. I remember the good ol' days when kindergarteners didn't have access to the interweebs. :cane:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

hadespussercats
I've come for your pants.
About me: Looks pretty good, coming out of the back of his neck like that.

Post by hadespussercats » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Hey-- Elucidating as this conversation has become, I wouldn't mind a return to something other than baby talk.

I have a baby to talk with. I come here to chat with grown-ups.
The green careening planet
spins blindly in the dark
so close to annihilation.

Listen. No one listens. Meow.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 pm

We can talk gwown up talks!

Mortgage! Inflation! Terrorism! Elections! Romney! Obama! Global warming!

On second thought lets talk about pee-pees and hoo-hahs.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:56 pm

hadespussercats wrote:Hey-- Elucidating as this conversation has become, I wouldn't mind a return to something other than baby talk.

Now you've gone and hurt my fee fees.

I heard that if you show me your tits I'll feel better. :begging:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:58 pm

We don't need no stinkin' feefees.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:We don't need no stinkin' feefees.
I am still puzzling out what that aspire person was talking about. I never indicated that my feelings were hurt, did I? And, then something about you showing me your breasts (which I suspect are spectacular) making me feel like a "real man." Not sure what that was about.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Coito ergo sum wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:We don't need no stinkin' feefees.
I am still puzzling out what that aspire person was talking about. I never indicated that my feelings were hurt, did I? And, then something about you showing me your breasts (which I suspect are spectacular) making me feel like a "real man." Not sure what that was about.
It's just how he trolls, apparently.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

hadespussercats
I've come for your pants.
About me: Looks pretty good, coming out of the back of his neck like that.

Post by hadespussercats » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Coito ergo sum wrote:
hadespussercats wrote:Hey-- Elucidating as this conversation has become, I wouldn't mind a return to something other than baby talk.

You know where to look.
The green careening planet
spins blindly in the dark
so close to annihilation.

Listen. No one listens. Meow.

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 pm

hadespussercats wrote:
Coito ergo sum wrote:

You know where to look.
...I'm starting to feel like a "real man" already... :drool:

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Back to The Trial of Justin Vacula.

He doc dropped Amy whatshername, that is a no no in my book. He did apologize and had the offending comment removed on the Slymepit though it still showed a lack of judgement. You don't take internet drama to meatspace and that is that.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:Back to The Trial of Justin Vacula.

He doc dropped Amy whatshername, that is a no no in my book. He did apologize and had the offending comment removed on the Slymepit though it still showed a lack of judgement. You don't take internet drama to meatspace and that is that.
I thought the alleged doc dropping was a reposting of information that Surly Amy already posted publicly on her site. Am I wrong about that? If I'm not, I don't think that's doc dropping, because if someone puts something out there, it's out there.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Coito ergo sum wrote:

I thought the alleged doc dropping was a reposting of information that Surly Amy already posted publicly on her site. Am I wrong about that? If I'm not, I don't think that's doc dropping, because if someone puts something out there, it's out there.
Then why not just link to it (even this is a bit iffy.) why repost it. especially on a site that they consider (very unfairly I need to add) as the very pits of slime, full of rape apologizes and sexism and hates women, He could have just pointed out that her address is online and there wouldn't have been any sinister overtones. At the very least he left himself open to attack which fully rebounded on him and the very reason he ask for it to be removed/edited, which is very hard to do* on a free speech site like the slymepit.

* By hard I mean frowned on.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:00 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Coito ergo sum wrote:

Then why not just link to it (even this is a bit iffy.) why repost it. especially on a site that they consider (very unfairly I need to add) as the very pits of slime, full of rape apologizes and sexism and hates women, He could have just pointed out that her address is online and there wouldn't have been any sinister overtones. At the very least he left himself open to attack which fully rebounded on him and the very reason he ask for it to be removed/edited, which is very hard to do* on a free speech site like the slymepit.

* By hard I mean frowned on.
That is a separate question. It's a fair question, but a separate one.

First I would like to know if it is accepted that Vacula didn't publish something that was secret or confidential. I.e. was the information publicly available on the interwebz because Surly Amy had posted it herself. That is my understanding. But, I don't want to just assume it. Is it your understanding too?

Now, it may have been a better strategy for him to just link to it, or point out that the information is there, but, you know, if I put my name and address on a website, and then someone who doesn't like me does a screen capture and posts it somewhere else, what is my beef?

In the case of Surly Amy, it was being claimed that Vacula was only counterclaiming against Amy's DMCA takedown request in order to get her address. Vacula then responded to that allegation by linking to an page where Surly Amy disclosed her address herself.

I don't get what the problem is there. That isn't "doc dropping." It seems to me that if Amy is concerned about people knowing her address, she shouldn't make the address public. It would be another thing if he hunted it down and retrieved it from a nonpublic source and publicized it. http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/08/a-c ... y-amy.html

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Looks like the case against Justin consists of poor at least one poor PR judgement and unorthodox views on gender relations so far.

Do we have a strong example of Justin being anti-woman?
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange