Please stay away from Ratskep...for a while Derail!

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: Please stay away from Ratskep...for a while Derail!

Post by Seth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 am

Durro wrote:Seth, opinions are like assholes - everyone has one but some stink more than others. But thank you for taking yet another opportunity to enter a thread where a Ratskep Mod is involved and posting a vicious, vitriolic rant directed at them. This sort of bitter venting is water off a duck's back as far as I'm concerned, but if it is therapeutic on some level for you, by all means continue.
You're quite welcome, and I will. I find it endlessly amusing that the lackwits at RatSkep are still talking about me, and insulting me, so I figure I owe it to them to return the favor. This of course is absolutely no reflection or comment upon any of the members of THIS forum, who are to a man/woymn, fine, upstanding, honorable and highly intelligent! :biggrin:
:coffee:

Other Ratz members should be aware however that, very often, the versions of history presented by certain disgruntled ex-Ratskep members is often distorted, inaccurate and in some case, simply flights of fantasy.
And sometimes, I'd venture most times, it's not, and the accusations of bias, prejudice, hatred, intolerance and Mod malfeasance are perfectly true and accurate. It's just that the fuckwits over there think their shit doesn't stink and that they can do no wrong. I call that flatly delusional.
I don't wish to be dragged into an inter-forum mud slinging contest, so my final word on the subject is that there are two sides to every story and the side presented by certain Ratz members about their treatment at the hands of Ratskep may not be the full, impartial story.
But in my case it is exactly that. The intolerant, self-righteous, smug fanatics at RatSkep had to completely violate every aspect of their own ethos and rule ex post facto to get rid of me, and they did it because they were not intelligent enough to effectively counter my arguments and they were so childish that they couldn't control their tempers when their dogma was whipped and their orthodoxy destroyed.

And I'll repeat that, and the calumnies I sling at the bottom-dwellers who hide under rocks at RatSkep whenever the opportunity arises because they deserve to be reviled, ridiculed and derided for their intellectual pygmyism and their mindless intolerance.

"Rational" my ass.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Please stay away from Ratskep...for a while.

Post by rainbow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:13 am

rachelbean wrote: But I'm not a mod, if I were I probably would have locked the thread after Durro posted the note because it's obvious there are members here who have little to contribute to this board EXCEPT to shit on ratskep and it's mods.
Perish the thought. I've better things to do that limit myself to defecating on their heads.
...but since they ignored my appeal, and didn't have the decency to provide reasons or even reply to my mails, I took the opportunity.

Sorry for the derail, but it did have the desired effect.

I actually got a reply from Durro.
:cheer:

Of course it's much more fun and friendly here, so I'm not much upset that I'm not going back there.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:18 am

Kristie wrote:
rachelbean wrote:colubridae, I have no problem with the conversations happening in the open, but it's not in the pub, so derails aren't something that should be encouraged. It seems shitty that Durro came here and posted something that was only helpful to us (and that he didn't have to) only to be jumped on for something that has nothing to do with what he posted. But I'm not a mod, if I were I probably would have locked the thread after Durro posted the note because it's obvious there are members here who have little to contribute to this board EXCEPT to shit on ratskep and it's mods.
I just assumed Rainbow brought it up in that thread because he knew Durro would see it and other firms of communication had already been ignored (allegedly).
Spot on.
I'd sent them about 5 emails asking for a specific instance where I had violated their FUA. They chose to ignore them.
Someone opened a thread bringing up my banning, which they locked.
They even have a rule that if another member attempt to represent a banned member, they too will face sanction.
Therefore the only way to force a response was what I did.
BArF−4

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:20 am

Re-reading my post I was needlessly harsh and judgmental. I could have asked for the same thing without that tone. I think that may have been filtered through some pain I was in, and I am sorry. In any case I am glad you got a reply :cheers:

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:23 am

rachelbean wrote:Re-reading my post I was needlessly harsh and judgmental. I could have asked for the same thing without that tone. I think that may have been filtered through some pain I was in, and I am sorry. In any case I am glad you got a reply :cheers:
:pardon:
:hugs:
BArF−4

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Post by colubridae » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:37 am

HomerJay wrote:
colubridae wrote:2. The conversations taking place in the open are a good thing for ratz members. It lets them see the raw personalities involved. So I don’t want them hidden. But rainbow deliberately manipulated durro by posting his rant openly ‘at’ durro. Durro fell for it. Bad for him, good for ratz. Personalities and viewpoints get to be ‘seen’.
Durro's a grown-up, he can look after himself, I don't think he fell for anything or allowed himself to be manipulated. I'm sure he can treat this as the internet equivalent of watching a man trying to light his own farts in a gale.
Your view is he wasn't manipulated. My view is that he was.

Up till now (allegedly) no-one at ratskep has replied to rainbow's (or rEv's) whining.
For some reason on a thread to do with 'internet safety' rainbow 'threw down the gauntlet' to durro, who after a long time of refusing to 'pick up' said gauntlet (allegedly) decided to answer.

My description that durro was manipulated by rainbow is perfectly valid and fits the facts. That you disagree is your perogative.
Either way, the crucial point is that, on ratz,
Personalities and viewpoints get to be ‘seen’

Your description of rainbow as a man "trying to light his own farts in a gale" is one that I agree with wholeheartedly. Except he's whining about the gale as well!
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 pm

rainbow wrote:
Kristie wrote:
rachelbean wrote:colubridae, I have no problem with the conversations happening in the open, but it's not in the pub, so derails aren't something that should be encouraged. It seems shitty that Durro came here and posted something that was only helpful to us (and that he didn't have to) only to be jumped on for something that has nothing to do with what he posted. But I'm not a mod, if I were I probably would have locked the thread after Durro posted the note because it's obvious there are members here who have little to contribute to this board EXCEPT to shit on ratskep and it's mods.
I just assumed Rainbow brought it up in that thread because he knew Durro would see it and other firms of communication had already been ignored (allegedly).
Spot on.
I'd sent them about 5 emails asking for a specific instance where I had violated their FUA. They chose to ignore them.
Someone opened a thread bringing up my banning, which they locked.
They even have a rule that if another member attempt to represent a banned member, they too will face sanction.
Therefore the only way to force a response was what I did.
Yup. My experience exactly too. They are mindless, intolerant fuckwits with not an ethical bone in their bodies over there.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 am

Seth wrote: Yup. My experience exactly too. They are mindless, intolerant fuckwits with not an ethical bone in their bodies over there.
You are being quite kind.
BArF−4

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:36 am

I joined ratskep a couple weeks back, desiring to see first hand what all the fuss was about.

The sound of crickets chirping was deafening. This rainbow person, first gander, seems like a class A whiner, but what the fuck do I know?

Btw, when are we to conclude that it's safe to return to ratskep? Is this a social engineering attack? Convince people not to visit a forum until...

(Mmmmm... Muddy Waters. Hoochie Coochie Man.)

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 am

I don't bother much at all any more. It really is pretty tedious hearing the same predictable positions being rolled out over and over again. At least here there is an air of friendliness and a personal aspect which is lacking in the more debate/discussion focused forums.

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 am

Rasetsu, durro posted shortly after saying it was safe to return, this is the derail thread so it wasn't updated.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 am

I still like RatSkep in general. I find political discussion more and more boring as the years go on though. They always seems to drift toward sophistry and/or fanaticism after a while.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange