Exi5entialist's Allegations- Discussion and debate

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Calilasseia
Butterfly
Butterfly
About me: Destroyer of canards, and merciless shredder of bad ideas. :twisted:

Re: Exi5entialist's Allegations- Discussion and debate

Post by Calilasseia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 am

Fucking hell, he really is in need of a pair, isn't he?

I really would love to see how he'd respond in that case, to some of the shite several of the RDF veterans have had to face, both over there and elsewhere, such as the open declaration of wilful intent to commit mass homicide by AtheistsAreVermin. Who breezed into RatSkep cheerfully telling us all that we deserved to die, because we didn't treat his mythology-based masturbation fantasies as fact, and later happily announced that he'd take a machete to each and every one of us, on the basis that failing to genuflect before the shite coming out of the television in his head made us "immoral" and "vermin". Or that specimen known as Carico, who told an 82 year old man that she'd enjoy the thought of him burning in hell. Did any of the recipients of this throw an infantile whingefest? Er, no. We stood up and took the fight back to these tossers. Won't be hard to find evidence thereof.

Oh, and as for stripes' comment, I gather one individual who would have agreed wholeheartedly therewith when he was alive, was Ernest Borgnine. :mrgreen:

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:54 am

Rum wrote:I am qualified under the UK Mental Health Act (1980) as an approved social worker for the purposes of detaining people under that act. Part of my training In the Act is to assist with the diagnosis of mental illness and to ensure that any detention under the act is legal and proper, I.e. to 'section' individuals who are mentally ill and a danger to themselves and others.

I think there is evidence that the person referred to here as Exi5tialist has delusions, is suffering from paranoid tendencies and is also displaying the potential to harm others.

I find myself concerned (in a professional capacity of course) for his mental health.

:twisted:
:ddpan:

rasetsu, thank you for your thoughtful post about culture of sexual harrassment. I do think rationalia's openness about all things sexual, and the tendency for many people in general to use sexual epithets as a means to have a go at others, does create the conditions whereby this can and does happen. Many people on the receiving end brush such tactics off in one way or another, while others don't. I recall that Exi did try to make it clear that he didn't appreciate mockery in general, including that with a sexual element.

I didn't often agree with him, but think I got along well enough with Exi while he was here .. certainly appreciated his sharp wit and dry humour .. and flirted playfully with him on occasion. I like to think that was all in good fun. :)

I speak of Exi as male, although I've never been sure of that. Doesn't seem to matter, really.
no fences

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 am

rachelbean wrote:As he was from the very first day he came here! :teef:
Not quite. He registered on July 17 last year, and did not post anything until the 19th. When he did begin posting, his posts were unremarkable. It was not until October that he started haranguing us with his ideas on how this forum should be run. It is because of the length of time between registration and the commencement of increasingly stentorian, then screeching, pronouncements on forum politics and structure, that I don't think of him as a troll. To me, he is just an average compulsive obsessive with inflexible and oddball ideas. One of them is that this forum should be run like a nation rather than an informal community. The strength of his conviction is reflected by the intensity with which he argues his case, and other members take exception to his insistence. Of course he is not helping his hobby horse by now having gone off the deep end with his "sexual abuse scandal". I am wondering if the somewhat tenuous connection between reality and his interpretation of it is about to snap completely.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:02 am

Paula1 wrote:Just to reassure anyone who can't be arsed popping over to RatSkep to read the dramaz, Exi5's posts, especially the sex abuse allegations are being mocked vigorously :)
Hi Paula! :wave:

I'm glad you've still got your 1 over here. :smoke:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:07 am

hackenslash wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:
rachelbean wrote:
hackenslash wrote:Having looked at his post and responses on several fora now, I can only say that I wonder what he would have said about me had I ever engaged him in discussion. Most of what he deems 'verbal sexual abuse' would be what I would deem throwaway, warming-up material.
Does he actually ever give an example/link of the sexual abuse he suffered here?
Yes! On Pharyngula he cited this horrific, repulsive post (ladies, avert your eyes, I beg of you!!):
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
stripes4 wrote:Exi. Go and have a wank. It'll do you the world of good. x
Fuck, I talk to my mother worse than that.
:funny:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:09 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:
rachelbean wrote:
hackenslash wrote:Having looked at his post and responses on several fora now, I can only say that I wonder what he would have said about me had I ever engaged him in discussion. Most of what he deems 'verbal sexual abuse' would be what I would deem throwaway, warming-up material.
Does he actually ever give an example/link of the sexual abuse he suffered here?
Yes! On Pharyngula he cited this horrific, repulsive post (ladies, avert your eyes, I beg of you!!):
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
stripes4 wrote:Exi. Go and have a wank. It'll do you the world of good. x
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
I’m out for a few days – I’ll be on the beach.

Before I go, here’s another update on the problems at Rationalia. Fresh from their criticism that I used the term “sexual abuse” when what I should have said was “verbal abuse of a sexual nature to an unconsenting person” (everyone happy?), it seems Rationalia has been suffering from a bout of collective amnesia over whether any actual verbal abuse from their mods took place at all.

The query comes from the warm matrimonial environs of Pappa’s life, apparently, where his loyal wife has queried my recollections of the abusive behaviour from their moderators last year. So convinced is rachelbean that I never suffered any such abuse from moderators she is prepared to publicly call me a troll and say it never happened.

So in order to be helpful to you guys over there (is my megaphone at full volume? I’m certainly not coming over there to be on the receiving end of the kind of treatment you gave one of your other members last week), one relevant thread you might want to check out is http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1020619 from late last year.

Those of you here who retain privileged access will be able to see the abuse straight away but for those of you who don’t here’s a flavour of the conversation:-

by Exi5tentialist » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:15 pm

No it’s not about dramaz, but I’ve been increasingly pissed off with the way that open abusiveness on this forum comes straight from moderators and I want to use my constitutional rights to assert my status as a human being who would prefer to be respected as such. Today, moderators and executives of Rationalia have told me to fuck off, called me a twat and troll and now you are swearing at me and posting tit-graphics. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to prevent any members expressing such things – but I don’t want them to think that on top of receiving the systematic abuse, I’m going to vote for them to be execs or have the power to appoint moderators. I’d rather vote for people who say their aim is allow free speech within the existing rules, but recognise that moderators / execs have a special role not to encourage the abuse of members. That’s a reasonable personal view to have isn’t it? Why shouldn’t I be able to express it in the form of a vote?

Then pretty much straight away I get this response:-

by stripes4 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:49 pm
Exi. Go and have a wank. It’ll do you the world of good. x

Quickly followed by posts from two mods, not moderating stripes4′s comment but instead saying how justified the verbal abuse is.

Later on in the thread we get another moderator not giving a “flying fuck”, followed by a third moderator posting in response to the thread just to say that she wants to say “fuck”, a helpful contribution in the context of Rationalia’s “Play Nice” culture.

There’s a limit to how much of Rationalia’s moderators’ sexualised abuse I want to re-post on another website, so please don’t get the impression that what I’ve posted is the sum total of their misdemeanours.

I do think it’s quite interesting though the way their high ideals of “Play Nice” and no “Personal Attacks” have shifted to a situation where such behaviour is now seen as “mild” or “a joke.” It’s not irrelevant that the maximum verbally sexualised abuse is reserved for someone who was seeking to initiate their existing procedures. As Pappa says in his rape joke, abuse is about power.

Needless to say, I was the one that got the official warning for posting the thread about six staff vacancies on the Executive. Apparently I was responsible for their behaviour, you see.

Rationalia is an abuse website. Most of the abuse is sexualised. Their lead admin abuses people, their mods abuse people, their members abuse people. Their severest warnings are reserved for people who post politely. So let’s not pretend Rationalia are capable of rehabilitating themselves without a radical shake-up of the mod team.

Anyway, I can’t stick around – I’ve got packing to do.
O the humanity, clutches pearls, faintsfarts.While out cold someone steals my cardboard. What a shitty world we live in. :ab:
FIFY...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:14 am

I heard mention from Cali of AthiestsAreVermin...

This is Ratz...

Maybe he has a point?

:hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 am

Paula1 wrote:Just to reassure anyone who can't be arsed popping over to RatSkep to read the dramaz, Exi5's posts, especially the sex abuse allegations are being mocked vigorously :)
:whisper:
The Dark Side how goes it there?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Paula1

Post by Paula1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am

Did you read the stuff on Mindromp? Some guy Nick was trolling him as hard as he could, talking about raping his mum and sisters, calling him a child molester, still no sign of an internet campaign against Mindromp :roll:
....and when the lord comes down with his shiny rod of judgement he's gonna kick my heathen arse! -Tim Minchin

Paula1

Post by Paula1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 am

rEvolutionist wrote:

Hey rEv, quiet without you over there :(

My one hides over here, don't tell them over there ;)
....and when the lord comes down with his shiny rod of judgement he's gonna kick my heathen arse! -Tim Minchin

Paula1

Post by Paula1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 am

rainbow wrote:

Usual, in-fighting, laughing at crazy people Ratz sends over, silly, interesting, more silly, fun. :coffee:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:53 am

Paula1 wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:

Maybe if I rant loud enough here, you guys will hear me from over there. :dance:

I love the Paula '1' story. :)

Paula1

Post by Paula1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
Paula1 wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:

Maybe if I rant loud enough here, you guys will hear me from over there. :dance:

I love the Paula '1' story. :)
:hugs:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Paula1 wrote:
rainbow wrote:

Usual, in-fighting, laughing at crazy people Ratz sends over, silly, interesting, more silly, fun. :coffee:
I'd ask you to say hello to some of the nice people there, but that might get you banned under some subsection of the FUA.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Can't believe I missed this fun.

By the way. What PZ said about Pappa and every member of this forum was more actionable under defamation law than the allegations that exi made.

Just sayin'
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!