So, PZ is a stone-cold racist.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Re: So, PZ is a stone-cold racist.

Post by Robert_S » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:17 pm

I guess everyone's free to comment, but I don't like the idea of anyone launching a jihad from here or going out of their way to bring one here.

And no matter which way or how eloquently you comment on pro wrestling, to the extent you comment at all, you're a pro wrestling commentator.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Robert_S wrote:I guess everyone's free to comment, but I don't like the idea of anyone launching a jihad from here or going out of their way to bring one here.
This!! I don't mind the conversation and will participate on occasion - if I get tired of it, I won't read the thread. But we don't all view things the same, so no atheist jihads in my name!
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Cormac wrote:
Gilmore - a genius.

But, am I imagining it, or is his solo a thinly disguised "Comfortably Numb".
It is a little reminiscent now that you mention it.

If you would have told me in the 1980s that Gilmore and Jones would play Purple rain together one day, I'd have thought you were barking mad.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Robert_S wrote:I guess everyone's free to comment, but I don't like the idea of anyone launching a jihad from here or going out of their way to bring one here.
This!! I don't mind the conversation and will participate on occasion - if I get tired of it, I won't read the thread. But we don't all view things the same, so no atheist jihads in my name!
Death to the infidels who would start an atheist jihad! :mob:
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Robert_S wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:
KILL EVERYONE!!!1!! :mob:

SteveB
Nibbler
About me: The more you change the less you feel

Post by SteveB » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:35 pm

:sofa:
Twit, twat, twaddle.
hadespussercats wrote:I've been de-sigged! :(

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:
KILL EVERYONE!!!1!! :mob:
And if it turns out that one of them is actually the Messiah and they return from the grave three days later, Kill them again!!! :mob:
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:56 pm

And no matter which way or how eloquently you comment on pro wrestling, to the extent you comment at all, you're a pro wrestling commentator.
Oh absolutely, I've never been under the impression that it is anything else, but then again, what isn't?

It's all Spectacle, doesn't matter if it's Cthulhu Cultists preying on young women with ostentatious hairdos, or Jehovah worshipping politicians thinking evil rape sperm can't fertilise eggs. It's a fucking rolling clown show, it doesn't matter to me if some crazy fuck thinking he's going to get a harem for murdering lots of people by becoming a living bomb or some dingus with a couple of sociology books and an idea that would change the world if everyone would shut the fuck up and listen. They're clowns, some more sinister some more absurd but clowns.

Obviously the stage is going to be filled with drama queens and attention seekers. The problem is that their occasional desperate explosive fireworks displays are not up to standards for health and safety, but other than that I do recognise it's all just comedy worth laughing at, even when taking it deadly seriously. It's all noise, the hootings of apes. The best your going to get out of it is entertainment.

So in that sense, what else is there to talk about that has more or less worth?

Also, I do agree this place should not be a battleground for such. However I think there is value in exposing the hypocrisy of a man who claimed a tasteless joke made us all rape apologists. What does that video of him show if not actual harrassment of a woman by a white guy for his amusement. I think those posts have actual value, especially on Rationalia.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:01 am

Robert_S wrote:
Thinking Aloud wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:Here's a youtube video about something you said last night. It includes a rebuttal to that as well as a discussion about the word you used last week when describing eating at that restaurant, and finally at the end I discuss for the last time why those three words do mean what I say they do and not what you want to claim you meant last August. Oh wait, I lied. There is also a brief talk thrown in as a bonus (a bonus! like we're all enjoying this shit!) that covers the time I saw you stand up when everyone was sitting and the implications this has...
:clap:
Both of your employers will be hearing about this. :{D
Not HR!! :nervous:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:02 am

:read:

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:42 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Would it be possible for us to start a war with PeeZee and have it actually become known around the web? It would generate some much needed traffic to the site.
It might be possible, but I doubt it would be probable. Rationalia has already been dismissed in those circles.

I have zero interest in this undertaking.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Myers seems to be ruining his own reputation without the need for anybody else. To quote Napoleon "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:07 am

:)
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Is a stone-cold racist better or worse than a red-hot racist?

I need to brush up on my racism, I think I'm losing touch.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:36 pm

F*#k, can't we let this one die gracefully?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping