The Civil War Within Skepticism

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: The Civil War Within Skepticism

Post by laklak » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:49 am

I've figured it out - these dweebs can't get laid fucking anywhere, by anyone. Their only hope is to utterly debase themselves and hope for a sympathy fuck. They'd do better by simply growing a pair.

Or book a trip to Bangkok. Hell, even I can get laid there.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 am

Nibbler wrote:FreedomThoughtBlogs has come up their own brand of atheism called Atheism+! They have a new logo and everything!

Their 10 commandments 5 suggestions:
We are…
Atheists plus we care about social justice,
Atheists plus we support women’s rights,
Atheists plus we protest racism,
Atheists plus we fight homophobia and transphobia,
Atheists plus we use critical thinking and skepticism.

It speaks to those of us who see atheism as more than just a lack of belief in god.
Never mind that like 99% of atheists already believe in all that stuff. It's good to jot it down, I guess.... :nervous:

Atheism isn't just about not believing in gods anymore. That's so passe! Come on and join along! :teef:
You have got to be fucking kidding me. :banghead:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 am

There is no face-palm worthy of the folly. :ddpan:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:57 am

Wait a second, if one uses the rationale of those clots, i.e intent does not matter, silence being complicity and inference of exclusion as meaningful then its easy to surmise that A+ is a cult of warmongering fascist paedophile enablers who want to exterminate the Chinese.

Yeah I'm not sure I can get behind that.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 am

Audley Strange wrote:Wait a second, if one uses the rationale of those clots, i.e intent does not matter, silence being complicity and inference of exclusion as meaningful then its easy to surmise that A+ is a cult of warmongering fascist paedophile enablers who want to exterminate the Chinese.

Yeah I'm not sure I can get behind that.
Exactly.

You exterminate one lot of Chinese, then 10 minutes later, you want to do it again... :nono:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 am

There is a point where all spectacle becomes a parody of itself, which can be annoying when you have fun taking the piss, because the things they do in earnest become so preposterous, so downright bananas that their actions would be seen as implausible if you used them to mock.

The circuses that come out of white middle class guilt just keep getting funnier especially since they don't see just how privileged they are and downright patronising they are being, a bunch of low rent pseudo-academic mush-heads congratulating each other in just how right on and noble and wonderful they all are. Yeah that'll stop umm err... nothing?

At least the WBC get up off their mad arses.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:44 am

Not sure I want to be an atheist any more. Its becoming exhausting remembering what my opinions are supposed to be.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:47 am

Clinton Huxley wrote:Not sure I want to be an atheist any more. Its becoming exhausting remembering what my opinions are supposed to be.
:lol:

Much easier to be C of E... You don't have to believe in anything except being vague!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:10 am

JimC wrote:
Clinton Huxley wrote:Not sure I want to be an atheist any more. Its becoming exhausting remembering what my opinions are supposed to be.
:lol:

Much easier to be C of E... You don't have to believe in anything except being vague!
More or less vague that is, in a metaphorical sense.

Come to the US and you can call yourself an Episcopalian, which sounds all sophisticated and stuff.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 am

All joking aside, I think it actually shows a lack of actual awareness and decency. The one thing I recall about the RDF and that fashion wave was that it helped a lot of people who may have been in traditionally religious culture who had no faith to find others they could to talk to about it. It worked as outreach in a sense.

Now it's "yeah you don't believe in God? Good start... fill out this political opinions checklist and if you don't score highly enough, then we must assume you are a misogynist rape drone of the Evil Patriarchy. No I don't care if you're a 14 year old Amish girl, you're a vile gender traitor! Shunned Shunned!"

They are so utterly oblivious to their cultish, divisive and alienating behaviour and yet they are the ones claiming that everyone who disagrees doesn't see their privilege. I've even heard some bozo pronounce that there is a dark side and a light side to atheism now and those who don't subscribe to the central tenets of "Ape Lust" are in fact evil.

They should be ashamed of themselves, but are instead proud of what they are doing.

I stand apart from any group exploiting sexual abuse and discrimination by equating them with trivialities in order to manufacture pseudo-events and then claim there is an endemic problem within a community, falsely, for market share. Social Justice warriors my arse. They're little more that "good" capitalists, pimping a couple real or imagined victims of sexual harrassment (one of whom at least seems to think anything that she doesn't like is evidence of sexual discrimination rather than personal loathing of a drama whore.) to make money from their blogs.

They really are repugnant cunts.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am

Hmmmm.... Radfems and MRAs one one hand,. And on the other hand, a ragged bunch of sexy witty debauched perverted brilliant creative talented pain-in-the-ass friendly rabid atheist (mostly) freaks.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Have a different opinion.... you're a "backstabber!" http://elevatorgate.wordpress.com/2012/ ... ckstabber/

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Robert_S wrote:Hmmmm.... Radfems and MRAs one one hand,. And on the other hand, a ragged bunch of sexy witty debauched perverted brilliant creative talented pain-in-the-ass friendly rabid atheist (mostly) freaks.
"clowns to the left of me, jokers to my right..."

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:03 pm

*dances about with a straight razor and a can of gasoline*

:shifty: :leave:

Jaygray

Post by Jaygray » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Atheists plus we care about social justice,
Atheists plus we Anyone with more than one functioning brian-cell should support women’s equal rights, fucking period!
Atheists plus we protest racism,
Atheists plus we fight homophobia and transphobia,
Fixed it for them.
Atheists plus we use critical thinking and skepticism.
Except on themselves of course. :hehe: