DavidMabus

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
MattShizzle

DavidMabus

Post by MattShizzle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:04 pm

I notice he has shown up here already. Most of us know who he is by seeing him spout his lunacy all over freethought and science/skeptical websites - and know of his harassment of prominent Atheists. Well, now he might be in some trouble:
http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local ... ntrealHome

Hopefully he finally gets put away for a bit.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Re: DavidMabus

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Let's hope they manage to shut the little fuck up.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:18 pm

I think he needs some intense therapy and heavy medication. He's obviously crazier than a shithouse rat.

Feck

Post by Feck » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Oooh were there threats? where is he ? why didn't I get threatened ? does he post on FB ? or google + (sorry urge to troll is strong tonight )
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:52 pm

He's almost certainly banned from them. He showed up here already and every so often on TR (about the only place he isn't banned.) He shows up every so often on any atheist/skeptic board with a new ID. He even does that on TR because he's just so used to being quickly banned.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm listening to the latest Non-Prophets podcast right now and they're talking about this.

leo-rcc
Robo-Warrior
About me: Combat robot builder

Post by leo-rcc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Dennis Makuze has been banned more times from AF.org than any member in history I think. We now have a system in place that bans him automatically. His posts are very disruptive and take a hell of a long time to load, even in mod CP. He seems to think he is entitled to the million dollar challenge from James Randi, but what for is still not clear to me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
My combat robot site: http://www.team-rcc.org
My other favorite atheist forum: http://www.atheistforums.org

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:32 pm

His idea is basically that in one of Nostradamus' quatrains the initials "DM" are mentioned. That's his real initials (Dennis Markuse) as well as his original screenname. A video by Depeche Mode was taken at the WTC so in his mind Nostradamus viariously through Depeche Mode predicted 9/11. So he claims he proved this and deserves the million dollars. Nobody else is convinced.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:13 pm

I listened to the Non-Prophets podcast today. They mentioned how that petition was set up to email the Montreal police every time somone commented. Well, turns out he spammed the shit out of the petition so he wound up sending dozens of emails to the cops the way he does to PZ Meyers, Dawkins, Randi et al.

Ayaan
Queen of the Infidels
About me: AKA: Sciwoman
Location: Married to Gawdzilla and living in Missouri. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Post by Ayaan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:44 pm

He's shown up here a few times, but seems to have forgotten about us. He could be a real pain in the ass at the old RDF forum. He was the main reason post approval for newbies was put into place. IIRC, the worst he ever threatened me with was hellfire, but he's made death threats against others.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ♥ Robert A. Heinlein
“Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself; (I am large, I contain multitudes.)”-Walt Whitman from Song of Myself, Leaves of Grass
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.~Ripley
The Internet: The Big Book of Everything ~ Gawdzilla Sama

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 pm

He's tended to post the same pictures/links for over a year now - the 6 legged sheep, the vacuum cleaner, etc. He switches the words around some. My favorite was from earlier this year - "YOU MOFO'S KILLED MICKEY MOUSE!!!!" I'm pretty sure TR is about the only site he's NOT banned from. He still uses socks because he's so used to being banned everywhere. I only found out when this story broke he's been doing this sort of thing since 1993 - though he was somewhat more coherent then apparently.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Update:
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Montre ... story.html
Montreal police would not reveal the identity of the suspect, saying only that he would undergo a psychiatric evaluation shortly.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Being charged with 2 counts of making death threats and has a bail hearing today.
link

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Couldn't happen to a bigger slime ball. The "David Mabus" Story (from Jerry Coyne's blog).
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Now that he has this record, media attention, etc - hopefully if and when they let him out if he would try anything he wouldn't be allowed to enter the US.