RD.net to be re-revamped!

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Calilasseia
Butterfly
Butterfly
About me: Destroyer of canards, and merciless shredder of bad ideas. :twisted:

Re: RD.net to be re-revamped!

Post by Calilasseia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Linky?

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:07 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:It might be about Dawkins partner in crime as he is getting slandered all over the place at FTBs.
Who is the partner in crime?
Lawrence Krauss but now appears to be totally unrelated to this thread. The facts of which are out there on a topic which seems to be beyond the Ratz bubble. Which of course would be understandable if LP was naked and posting photos otherwise the isolationism is a bit bizarre to say the least. :bored:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:23 am

Why did I just google that - :crawling back into bubble:

lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
About me: I have remarkable elbows.

Post by lordpasternack » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm

lordpasternack wrote:What I will say just now is that I have heard through the grapevine that RDFRS is currently in some sort of financial jeopardy, and has been looking to the wider Freethought community for solutions, shall we say.

In light of that situation, my open letter detailing their general mismanagement was passed on by a mutual contact to one such organisation in the wider Freethought community, and said organisation quickly lost any interest they had in RDFRS.
RICHARD DAWKINS FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH THE SECULAR COALITION OF AMERICA!

http://t.co/g0bKE7BfIE

It's because their missions dovetail so nicely!

And because the SCA actually has money right now - and quite possibly some actual expertise and experience. And, well, because the SCA missed the memo about how RDF's longterm mismanagement, and has accepted the poisoned chalice. :hehe:
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:40 pm

...said David Niose, President of the Secular Coalition for America. "This is an exciting partnership..."

It's because their missus dovetails so nicely! Thank you, Edwina. My pleasure too. Please do come again.
Last edited by Hermit on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:44 pm

We're all very excited about this partnership... :hehe:
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler

Post by lordpasternack » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Looks like Lauren will be receiving a few calls and emails over the next few days from myself and the other organisations who wisely left RDF well alone. :tea:
And I for sorrow sung,
And go the fools among.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 pm

lordpasternack wrote:
lordpasternack wrote:What I will say just now is that I have heard through the grapevine that RDFRS is currently in some sort of financial jeopardy, and has been looking to the wider Freethought community for solutions, shall we say.

In light of that situation, my open letter detailing their general mismanagement was passed on by a mutual contact to one such organisation in the wider Freethought community, and said organisation quickly lost any interest they had in RDFRS.
RICHARD DAWKINS FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH THE SECULAR COALITION OF AMERICA!

And because the SCA actually has money right now - and quite possibly some actual expertise and experience. And, well, because the SCA missed the memo about how RDF's longterm mismanagement, and has accepted the poisoned chalice. :hehe:
I think "SCA" is trademarked by the Society for Creative Anachronism.....
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler

Post by lordpasternack » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:07 am

lordpasternack wrote:

"Commenting closed" over on RD.net. I wonder why… :hehe:
And I for sorrow sung,
And go the fools among.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:26 am

If they are just playing on the Dawkins name and keep him and his crew away from anything important it might work
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:29 am

Azathoth wrote:If they are just playing on the Dawkins name and keep him and his crew away from anything important it might work
There's a thought. It serves no worthwhile purpose to have Dawkins go down in disgrace, and it apparently also serves no good purpose to put him in charge of a concern of much size.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Seth wrote:
lordpasternack wrote:

Yes. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw 'SCA'. A bunch of freethinkers dressed in fake medieval costumes... :hehe:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler

Post by lordpasternack » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Seth wrote:
lordpasternack wrote:

Yes. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw 'SCA'. A bunch of freethinkers dressed in fake medieval costumes... :hehe:
Maybe that's why their missions dovetail so nicely. ;)
And I for sorrow sung,
And go the fools among.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Creating authentic dovetails with handmade tools.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:48 pm

I wondered if I was the only guy to see the SCA ambiguity...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping