Outraged atheists lose faith in Dawkins as he censors websit

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
95Theses

Re: Outraged atheists lose faith in Dawkins as he censors websit

Post by 95Theses » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 am

My response was rejected also, and I was quite proud of it.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:34 am

Ilovelucy wrote:
klr wrote:
Ilovelucy wrote:Well, my response and Callie's response weren't accepted. This reminds me of why I buy the Indie and the Guardian. They seemed very happy to print responses byt Christians saying how horrible this makes Christians look. Still, I still remind myself that this is not what they wanted to happen when they shafted us. Chalkers must be shitting himself.
I would have thought the Times - that great organ of repute - would be more even handed.

But then I remembered who owns it. :coffee:

EDIT: In case that's not clear to some people not from these parts, I'll clarify. I hope Richard Dawkins is happy that Rupert Murdoch is acting as PR man for him.
I think that the editorial remit for the comments is not to have one viewpoint repeated, so as soon as someone posts the timeline of events, they treat all others as a duplicate. They do this so that they show they are a paper that shows all sides of the story and are read and commented on by people of all attitudes and opinions. It is more a construct that says something about the paper, a mythology. Those of us that don't think post modernism is bollocks have a wonderful case study right here.
:|~

Which is one of the reasons why I hardly ever buy newspapers any more, and never send letters to the editor. The latter only needs to be done here IMHO as a matter of necessity.

Still, odd that a paper which is not at the top of RD's reading list should give him the most favourable coverage. IIRC, he's also a Guardian and Independent man. :levi:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Ilovelucy

Post by Ilovelucy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:38 am

klr wrote:
Ilovelucy wrote:
klr wrote:
Ilovelucy wrote:Well, my response and Callie's response weren't accepted. This reminds me of why I buy the Indie and the Guardian. They seemed very happy to print responses byt Christians saying how horrible this makes Christians look. Still, I still remind myself that this is not what they wanted to happen when they shafted us. Chalkers must be shitting himself.
I would have thought the Times - that great organ of repute - would be more even handed.

But then I remembered who owns it. :coffee:

EDIT: In case that's not clear to some people not from these parts, I'll clarify. I hope Richard Dawkins is happy that Rupert Murdoch is acting as PR man for him.
I think that the editorial remit for the comments is not to have one viewpoint repeated, so as soon as someone posts the timeline of events, they treat all others as a duplicate. They do this so that they show they are a paper that shows all sides of the story and are read and commented on by people of all attitudes and opinions. It is more a construct that says something about the paper, a mythology. Those of us that don't think post modernism is bollocks have a wonderful case study right here.
:|~

Which is one of the reasons why I hardly ever buy newspapers any more, and never send letters to the editor. The latter only needs to be done here IMHO as a matter of necessity.

Still, odd that a paper which is not at the top of RD's reading list should give him the most favourable coverage. IIRC, he's also a Guardian and Independent man. :levi:
Richard is an Indie man as far as I know. Funny to be ironically reminded of what he said to the BBC "That's the problem with you lot, always showing two sides of a story when there's only one"
Forums are interesting and if you don't agree, you can fuck off.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:41 am

Ilovelucy wrote: ...
Richard is an Indie man as far as I know. Funny to be ironically reminded of what he said to the BBC "That's the problem with you lot, always showing two sides of a story when there's only one"
Oh, the irony. :hilarious:

:shock: Hold on, I just remembered I'm at work. Shit. I'd better do something to earn my keep.

:leave:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Squawk

Post by Squawk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 am

I've posted my own reply. Do they email you when they reject your comment?

Ilovelucy

Post by Ilovelucy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 am

Squawk wrote:I've posted my own reply. Do they email you when they reject your comment?
Nope. My advice to anyone that attempts a reply is to try and post something short and pithy, or is completely different to what has already been posted. nThey wont accept anything that they deem to be a repetition or makes their readership look dim or nerdy.

Horwood Beer-Master
"...a complete Kentish hog"
Location: Wandering somewhere around the Darenth Valley - Kent

Post by Horwood Beer-Master » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:04 am

klr wrote:... Hold on, I just remembered I'm at work. Shit. I'd better do something to earn my keep...
Meh. Do they really pay any attention to what you do anyway? :dono:

I say do as much slacking off as you can get away with.

:shock: Shit. is that the time, I've an appointment at the jobcentre at 12! :leave:

Ilovelucy

Post by Ilovelucy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:06 am

Horwood Beer-Master wrote:
klr wrote:... Hold on, I just remembered I'm at work. Shit. I'd better do something to earn my keep...

:shock: Shit. is that the time, I've an appointment at the jobcentre at 12! :leave:
Work? I've been sitting at a computer since this started, I haven't eaten, the mice have taken control of the kitchen and my trousers are full of dry poo.

Babel

Post by Babel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:09 am

Ilovelucy wrote:

Work? I've been sitting at a computer since this started, I haven't eaten, the mice have taken control of the kitchen and my trousers are full of dry poo.
Wow, my kind of gal.

How are YOU doing? :naughty:

Ilovelucy

Post by Ilovelucy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 am

Babel wrote:
Ilovelucy wrote:

Wow, my kind of gal.

How are YOU doing? :naughty:
Analyse the user name for a second. I (pronoun) love (verb) Lucy (noun). The love is for a female. Therefore I am either a man or a lesbian. Or a bi woman that veers to the furry cup. Or maybe a straight woman who loves a man called Lucy by weirdo parents.

In other words, point that thing elsewhere.

Babel

Post by Babel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:45 am

Ilovelucy wrote: Analyse the user name for a second. I (pronoun) love (verb) Lucy (noun). The love is for a female. Therefore I am either a man or a lesbian. Or a bi woman that veers to the furry cup. Or maybe a straight woman who loves a man called Lucy by weirdo parents.

If you say so.
Sit up straight, calimero. :toot:

Ilovelucy

Post by Ilovelucy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Babel wrote:
Ilovelucy wrote: Analyse the user name for a second. I (pronoun) love (verb) Lucy (noun). The love is for a female. Therefore I am either a man or a lesbian. Or a bi woman that veers to the furry cup. Or maybe a straight woman who loves a man called Lucy by weirdo parents.

If you say so.
Sit up straight, calimero. :toot:
Ooh, forgot to add that I could be a gay man with a boyfriend called Lucy. I think that's all bases covered.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm

You could also have a pet called Lucy to whom you are overly attached.

95Theses

Post by 95Theses » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm far more concerned that you've shit your pants than with who you are shagging to be perfectly frank :hehe:
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell.

heyjude

Post by heyjude » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 pm

95Theses wrote:I'm far more concerned that you've shit your pants than with who you are shagging to be perfectly frank :hehe:

well... it was a while ago.... dry poo. Easily scraped off.
I think - therefore I am atheist