Rationalskepiticism,lol.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Re: Rationalskepiticism,lol.

Post by Robert_S » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:30 pm

How long were you banned for Dave?
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 am

Robert_S wrote:How long were you banned for Dave?
6 months.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:21 am

Time off for good behaviour?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:01 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
It is just people who sit on the fence rub me up the wrong way. I still don't know how you and surr57 haven't had
a heart attack, don't you feel passion or anger about anything; can't you just lose it or explode once in a while?
I did lose it online five years ago and did not like it so stopped doing it. I made peace with my demons and as a result am in a better place. It never completely leaves one of course but nowadays is just a shadow of what it used to be. I keep to myself more or less twenty four seven so have nothing to really trigger me anyway. Good job I like my own company or I would be in trouble. Even if does make any unanticipated appearances from now on it is still not the natural default so will not matter overall. For when you accept death then anger is no big deal. So I am just passing time till I shake off me mortal coil and return to where I came from. Seeing beyond the here and now puts whatever is going down at any particular moment into perspective. Since it all means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am just passing through so try not to hold on too tight because I will only have to let go at some point. I do have strong opinions but because of the bigger picture they tend not to matter as much as they would have back in the day. I have in all probability least another score and a half before I go but if death took me tomorrow it would not bother me. Long as it is not a painful transition. But even if it is it will only be temporary. And so that is it basically. Stroking me metaphorical white cat while
letting nature slowly but inevitably takes its course as one exits one state and enters another
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:13 am

Nothing of anything means anything. So I figure one may as well make something out of what's available to them. Hence why my life goal is now to harangue conservatives.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Accepting the Butterfly Effect writ large, everything means something. It's just that nobody can predict exactly what it will mean and as everything is affecting everything else it seems to get lost in the 'noise', but rest assured that everything you do, including moving your bowels, has an effect and so a meaning. Of sorts.

I may start a religion.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Făkünamę wrote:Accepting the Butterfly Effect writ large, everything means something. It's just that nobody can predict exactly what it will mean and as everything is affecting everything else it seems to get lost in the 'noise', but rest assured that everything you do, including moving your bowels, has an effect and so a meaning. Of sorts.

I may start a religion.
I would join a religion whose starting point was bowel movements.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:26 am

A religion of substance.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:13 pm

surreptitious57 wrote: I need intellectual stimulation and I get that more over there than here. I understand that is not for everyone and for you discussing blowjob technique is preferable
to discussing quantum mechanics.
Eh??

Blowjob technique vs quantum mechanics? There's no comparison mate.

You're trying to compare the very big ( in my case ) to the very small. .
And one involves a tiny amount of energy, whereas . . Oh yeh, I see.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:42 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:Nothing of anything means anything. So I figure one may as well make something out of what's available to them. Hence why my life goal is now to harangue conservatives.
Don't forget wanking. NEVER forget wanking.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:00 am

laklak wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Nothing of anything means anything. So I figure one may as well make something out of what's available to them. Hence why my life goal is now to harangue conservatives.
Don't forget wanking. NEVER forget wanking.
You can always have a rage wank over Sarah Palin I suppose.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:27 am

I like that idea. I'd wank over Sarah Palin, but i'd feel a bit wrong doing it. But if it was termed a "rage wank", I'd feel pretty good about it. :{D
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:07 am

JimC wrote:Time off for good behaviour?
More like one of the mods who was arguing with me in the thread decided to have a power wank by suspending me for showing him up. Not that hard with ratscum mods. :dance:

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:34 am

Not even remotely true.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:11 am

Scott1328 wrote:Not even remotely true.
Aren't you the disingenuous fuckwit, if Blip would have delivered the banhammer then so be it. Though 'The_Metatron' who ignored me being called an asshole then banned me because of what I posted about shrunk (who I now believe wasn't petty enough to report me.) Just because I showed him to be a delusional cunt in that thread. Though fuck me right just because I'm capable of holding opinions that are not the norm in your fascist dictatorship. Feel free to have a wank over the fact that a difference of opinion wasn't allowed to see the light of day (slow hand clap.) God forbid some people choose to not be sheep in the atheist/skeptical 'community' as they are obvious guilty of bad thoughts.

Still how about you show anything I said to be out of order in the censorship free Rationalia. I'm game, no big brother here. Go for it; give it your best shot because I'm calling you a intellectual maggot so lets have at it.