RDF Front Page

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Surendra Darathy
About me: I am only human. Keep in mind, I am Russian. And is no part of speech in Russian equivalent to definite article in English. Bad enough is no present tense of verb "to be".

Re: RDF Front Page

Post by Surendra Darathy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Ilovelucy wrote:
Surendra Darathy wrote:Gloating? There was gloating? What is on teh interwebz besides "community" that is not "gloating"?

I mean, I have as much as given up a web search for "information" outside of a "community I trust". By the same token, when I want to gloat, I want my community about me. If I am being "gloated on", what better than community to soften the blow?

Anyway, how is "gloating" even possible without a community in which to gloat?

There. I think I've damaged the string "gloat" beyond its capacity to carry any semantics! Whee!
Would that be in response to me? I only speak lower intermediate smartarse-ese I'm afraid.
There's something about this whole fiascepade that deeply saddens me as much as it inspires me to display my incisors. My endocrine system is a hotbed of activity. I'm shocked by the vitriol at the same time I'm capable of rational speculation about the reasons for The Big Change, and resigned to the tides of Media Empires. When I'm elliptical to a fault, I can hardly blame others for not understanding me.

The degree of compartmentalisation shown in Professor Dawkins' handling of the public damage control duties is a bit disturbing. It's not the heavy-handedness with which the website's direction was shifted, but the attempts to cover up the heavy-handedness that really surprise me.
Last edited by Surendra Darathy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll get you, my pretty, and your little God, too!

Ilovelucy

Re: RDF Front Page

Post by Ilovelucy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Surendra Darathy wrote:
Ilovelucy wrote:
Surendra Darathy wrote:Gloating? There was gloating? What is on teh interwebz besides "community" that is not "gloating"?

I mean, I have as much as given up a web search for "information" outside of a "community I trust". By the same token, when I want to gloat, I want my community about me. If I am being "gloated on", what better than community to soften the blow?

Anyway, how is "gloating" even possible without a community in which to gloat?

There. I think I've damaged the string "gloat" beyond its capacity to carry any semantics! Whee!
Would that be in response to me? I only speak lower intermediate smartarse-ese I'm afraid.
There's something about this whole fiascepade that deeply saddens me as much as it inspires me to display my incisors. My endocrine system is a hotbed of activity. I'm shocked by the vitriol at the same time I'm capable of rational speculation about the reasons for The Big Change, and resigned to the tides of Media Empires. When I'm elliptical to a fault, I can hardly blame others for not understanding me.
:td:
Forums are interesting and if you don't agree, you can fuck off.