Who is the Best RatSkep troll?

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Lion IRC

Re: Who is the Best RatSkep troll?

Post by Lion IRC » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:35 pm

JREF is shutting down their forum. Some refugees wandering in to TR.
If this place ever 'dims the lights', I hope rainbow comes on over to TR.
rainbow is the most NON-troll person ever to have been banned from RS.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:43 pm

Robert_S wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Scott1328 wrote:Cito di Pense, a.k.a. Surendra Darathy.

I just now noticed, if one of your handles handle can be abbreviated to S.D., then you may be a troll.
I refer to you as Stupid Dickhead, so there might be some truth to that.
LOL. I wonder if I should report that? :ask:

It is actually against the rules: http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 100&t=3449
Go ahead, so long as you also report the two previous posts in this thread where he calls me a troll.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 pm

What, truth isn't a defense?

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:46 pm

The only person trolling here is you.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Perhaps, but this thread is about RatSkep trolls whose initials are SD

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:11 pm

I don't troll RatSkep, and I've never poked, prodded, provoked or otherwise attacked any person unless they had a go at me first. Ever.

As I've said on numerous occasions, if anyone can find a single example of me attacking another member without prior provocation, then I'll leave the forum for good. Simple.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Scott1328 wrote:Cito di Pense, a.k.a. Surendra Darathy.

I just now noticed, if one of your handles handle can be abbreviated to S.D., then you may be a troll.
I refer to you as Stupid Dickhead, so there might be some truth to that.
LOL. I wonder if I should report that? :ask:

It is actually against the rules: http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 100&t=3449
Go ahead, so long as you also report the two previous posts in this thread where he calls me a troll.
As is that is considered an insult here? :coffee:
Strontium Dog wrote:The only person trolling here is you.
Who's rising to the bait then?
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Scott1328 wrote:Perhaps, but this thread is about RatSkep trolls whose initials are SD
Dude, pick a harder target if you're gonna troll in this thread. At this rate you'll be hard pressed to even make honorable mention.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Lion IRC wrote:JREF is shutting down their forum. Some refugees wandering in to TR.

The JREF forum is shutting down? :shock:
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Robert_S wrote:
Scott1328 wrote:Perhaps, but this thread is about RatSkep trolls whose initials are SD
Dude, pick a harder target if you're gonna troll in this thread. At this rate you'll be hard pressed to even make honorable mention.
You're right. way too easy to wind up.

Uhmm, let's see... That Mr.Samsa, what a contrarian.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Robert_S wrote:
Lion IRC wrote:JREF is shutting down their forum. Some refugees wandering in to TR.

The JREF forum is shutting down? :shock:
It looks like it is being taken over by someone called icerat. From the forum:

"I made an offer to take over management of the forum and they've accepted. Personally I'd like to keep the forum site pretty much as is with the same mods and admins, I'll just be more available to harass for technical problems if things break and responsible for paying the bills. JREF and the "new" forum will continue to cross-promote each other.

Quite frankly I personally find the forum of such value if I end up having to fund the whole thing myself I will. As I told my wife the other day I enjoy a place where I regularly feel intellectually intimidated! Good for the soul There's a lot of people who know a lot about a lot of subjects on this site, and it's not a resource I want to see disappear and that's been a very real possibility. IMO none of the other skeptics sites seem to have come close to matching what is available here.

On a positive note, for the first time in apparently quite a while, as of today there is actually a full backup of the site so if the hardware fails all is not lost!

Might be worth starting a new thread to talk about options, just not sure what category is appropriate! "
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:54 am

You are very kind to say so. Where is TR?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:32 pm

rainbow wrote:
TalkRational?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 am

JimC wrote:
rainbow wrote:
TalkRational?
Already started a thread!

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 75&t=48114
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:57 am

Scott1328 wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
You're right. way too easy to wind up.

Uhmm, let's see... That Mr.Samsa, what a contrarian.
No I'm not.