Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by rainbow » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:59 pm

BlackBart wrote:'Fuck off Jennifer' T-shirts are available in foyer. £20.00

Won't help. We'll still get smelly under-bridge dwellers from Ratskep hanging around here.

They can't take a hint.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

BlackBart
About me: The latest in Skynet's 'Cantankerous Sod' series.
Location: An obscure corner of a spiral arm galax... Oh Sod it.... Bromley

Post by BlackBart » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Perhaps you should report them to the mods. Maybe that will help? :ask:
It's funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Oh, that sounds awful! It must be just terrible to have people who irritate the hell out of you hanging about. And when you tell them to go away, why it's almost as if they heard 'please stay and post a lot more'!
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Fallible wrote:I'm glad you asked me that question. I have been interested in stupid from an early age, and hoped to have a career in it some day. Stupid was offered as an option at my school so I took that, got an A*. I then took a Bachelor's degree in Stupid at university. There followed a period of many years during which I observed stupid in the field - I found the internet held a wealth of information on this topic. However actually being stupid continued to elude me. I knew all the gestures and jargon by heart, but something prevented me from making that final leap. I was stumped. I admit that for a time I felt lost in a kind of wilderness, a rudderless dinghy adrift, floating forlorn on a cold sea of confusion and self-doubt. Then I came across your posts. They shone out across that ennui tinted canvas as beacons of pure intent. Pages and pages of backwards bum gravy that was so arse achingly stupid that it threw into sudden and sharp relief my own paltry accomplishments in this area. Advisories and warnings would come urging you to rectify your avalanche-arresting, coma-inducing bollocks, but still you held firm. Seemingly endless fatuous twaddle fashioned deep within the stultifying wilds of your lower intestine and plucked forth in a dun-coloured, stinking lumpen rope to lie unabashed across the forum, as if mocking one to do something, anything, with it. And yet....and yet. From time to time some brave Icarus of the Internet would take up the gauntlet and attempt to approach the stupid. They would try to warn him, oh god how they would try. But its full strength was sometimes hidden from view until one got close enough, by which time it was far too late, and invariably Icarus did not heed their impassioned cries. Many a brave and noble warrior set out with a clear mind and a hopeful heart, only to return a broken and jibbering wreck having flown too close to the stupid. Like a kind of idiotic sun it hangs, powered by the mass of its own drooling mongness, burning to ashes anything which passes within 100 miles. It was at that time that I suddenly realised that my life's ambition had been nothing but an ill thought out pipe dream. Compared to the stupid I was witnessing with your every puerile, mind numbing, infantile non sequitur, I became more keenly aware that I was but an amateur stupid, a day tripper to the land of the dim whose supersaver pass had only 45 minutes of use left, my pathetic efforts at stupid dwarfed by a true master of the genre. There followed a period of deep depression as I struggled with the knowledge that the goal which I had set my mind to accomplish from an early age was so far beyond my grasp as to be entirely unachievable. For forty days and forty nights I roamed the desert, starving, thirsty, naked, battered and bruised by my own hand - I would thrash myself bloody while howling and raving at the moon. Three of those days were spent rolling around on the ground, gnashing my teeth and fapping furiously over a mental image of your stupid. On the second Wednesday I tormented people at a bus stop by shouting show tunes at them. It was without a doubt the darkest time of my young life. I will never know how I did not lose my mind entirely, but God must have been with me, and finally I began to come around. I picked myself up, stopped shouting at people. Then after I got dressed, I immediately went into intensive counselling, where it was discovered that I had repressed memories of being abused by a hermit crab. I was then prescribed daily cardigans and 50 mg of chamomile before meals. Three years later I emerged, feeling like a million dollars. Sure, I still sometimes whimsically ponder what it would be like to be stupid. But I now realise that life is not for me, and I respectfully doff my cap to you, rainbow. You have succeeded where I so completely failed. I hope that by sharing my story here, others will spare themselves the pain both of attempting to deal with stupid, but also of building castles of stupid in the sky. Thank you for your time.
The brilliance...the brilliance...
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:55 pm

tattuchu wrote:I'm always stumped. I'm an amputee :?

Hey, I've got a good idea. Why don't we merge the two forums? It's kinda slow here. And we're really very fond of the members at RatSkep, having known most of them from the RDF days. Instead of convincing RatSkep folks to post here more, I think it would be easier if the few of us that are left here would simply transfer over to RatSkep.
I know there are differences in the forums and the type of posts we make would often not be appropriate for RatSkep, but I've got a solution for that: create a sub-forum. Sort of a Ferguson, if you will, where the undesirables (that's us) could rape loot and pillage to our heart's content without harming the greater and more respectable society that is RatSkep, since we'd be segregated and relegated to our own little subforum exclusively. This might also be of great benefit to the many many member over at RatSkep who so often get suspended or banned. Rather than being banished completely, they might simply be relegated to the subforum for a bit of slumming until such time as their punishment has expired.

I think it's a dandy idea.
I suggested a "no rules" zone at RatSkep (and RDF before it) long ago. Doesn't fit with the psychopathic need for control on the part of the control freaks in charge over there.

Better refugees should come here, to the land of relatively free speech.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Maybe it's the "free" part of free speech that's objectionable. Maybe a value added sub-forum with no moderation? For only $5 a year you too can be limitlessly abused! Call anyone you want a monging cunt-faced weasel with no backlash! Come on, kids, let's put on a show! We'll make the Slymepit look like a fucking kindergarten picnic.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Seth wrote:
tattuchu wrote:I'm always stumped. I'm an amputee :?

Hey, I've got a good idea. Why don't we merge the two forums? It's kinda slow here. And we're really very fond of the members at RatSkep, having known most of them from the RDF days. Instead of convincing RatSkep folks to post here more, I think it would be easier if the few of us that are left here would simply transfer over to RatSkep.
I know there are differences in the forums and the type of posts we make would often not be appropriate for RatSkep, but I've got a solution for that: create a sub-forum. Sort of a Ferguson, if you will, where the undesirables (that's us) could rape loot and pillage to our heart's content without harming the greater and more respectable society that is RatSkep, since we'd be segregated and relegated to our own little subforum exclusively. This might also be of great benefit to the many many member over at RatSkep who so often get suspended or banned. Rather than being banished completely, they might simply be relegated to the subforum for a bit of slumming until such time as their punishment has expired.

I think it's a dandy idea.
I suggested a "no rules" zone at RatSkep (and RDF before it) long ago. Doesn't fit with the psychopathic need for control on the part of the control freaks in charge over there.

Better refugees should come here, to the land of relatively free speech.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your tired, poor.
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

:hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Flotsam and Jetsam. That's what RatSkep can call the subforum...
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Seth wrote:I suggested a "no rules" zone at RatSkep (and RDF before it) long ago.
We had one of those before you became a refugee. It turned into a clusterfuck immediately and was abandoned a few days after it started.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:14 am

Seth wrote:
Fallible wrote:I'm glad you asked me that question. I have been interested in stupid from an early age, and hoped to have a career in it some day. Stupid was offered as an option at my school so I took that, got an A*. I then took a Bachelor's degree in Stupid at university. There followed a period of many years during which I observed stupid in the field - I found the internet held a wealth of information on this topic. However actually being stupid continued to elude me. I knew all the gestures and jargon by heart, but something prevented me from making that final leap. I was stumped. I admit that for a time I felt lost in a kind of wilderness, a rudderless dinghy adrift, floating forlorn on a cold sea of confusion and self-doubt. Then I came across your posts. They shone out across that ennui tinted canvas as beacons of pure intent. Pages and pages of backwards bum gravy that was so arse achingly stupid that it threw into sudden and sharp relief my own paltry accomplishments in this area. Advisories and warnings would come urging you to rectify your avalanche-arresting, coma-inducing bollocks, but still you held firm. Seemingly endless fatuous twaddle fashioned deep within the stultifying wilds of your lower intestine and plucked forth in a dun-coloured, stinking lumpen rope to lie unabashed across the forum, as if mocking one to do something, anything, with it. And yet....and yet. From time to time some brave Icarus of the Internet would take up the gauntlet and attempt to approach the stupid. They would try to warn him, oh god how they would try. But its full strength was sometimes hidden from view until one got close enough, by which time it was far too late, and invariably Icarus did not heed their impassioned cries. Many a brave and noble warrior set out with a clear mind and a hopeful heart, only to return a broken and jibbering wreck having flown too close to the stupid. Like a kind of idiotic sun it hangs, powered by the mass of its own drooling mongness, burning to ashes anything which passes within 100 miles. It was at that time that I suddenly realised that my life's ambition had been nothing but an ill thought out pipe dream. Compared to the stupid I was witnessing with your every puerile, mind numbing, infantile non sequitur, I became more keenly aware that I was but an amateur stupid, a day tripper to the land of the dim whose supersaver pass had only 45 minutes of use left, my pathetic efforts at stupid dwarfed by a true master of the genre. There followed a period of deep depression as I struggled with the knowledge that the goal which I had set my mind to accomplish from an early age was so far beyond my grasp as to be entirely unachievable. For forty days and forty nights I roamed the desert, starving, thirsty, naked, battered and bruised by my own hand - I would thrash myself bloody while howling and raving at the moon. Three of those days were spent rolling around on the ground, gnashing my teeth and fapping furiously over a mental image of your stupid. On the second Wednesday I tormented people at a bus stop by shouting show tunes at them. It was without a doubt the darkest time of my young life. I will never know how I did not lose my mind entirely, but God must have been with me, and finally I began to come around. I picked myself up, stopped shouting at people. Then after I got dressed, I immediately went into intensive counselling, where it was discovered that I had repressed memories of being abused by a hermit crab. I was then prescribed daily cardigans and 50 mg of chamomile before meals. Three years later I emerged, feeling like a million dollars. Sure, I still sometimes whimsically ponder what it would be like to be stupid. But I now realise that life is not for me, and I respectfully doff my cap to you, rainbow. You have succeeded where I so completely failed. I hope that by sharing my story here, others will spare themselves the pain both of attempting to deal with stupid, but also of building castles of stupid in the sky. Thank you for your time.
The brilliance...the brilliance...
I wouldn't know.

Couldn't be bothered to read it.
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 am

BlackBart wrote:Perhaps you should report them to the mods. Maybe that will help? :ask:
Why bother?

They have to live with themselves. That must be punishment enough.
BArF−4

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Why ask a question if you're not going to bother to read the answer?
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:46 pm

Fallible wrote:Why ask a question if you're not going to bother to read the answer?
Rainbow might have started reading. If he is like me, he would have had an inkling of where this post was heading by the time he read the first 17 words, and found confirmation before he got a third of the way through the reply. By then it would have also occurred to him that it is one of those verbose attempts at humour that finish up as no more than twee verbiage. Using 735 words to say "I'm not stupid" seems a little excessive.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Fallible

Post by Fallible » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:57 pm

You just ruined a joke I was setting up.
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Hermit does that to me all the time. I would be at least 10% funnier if it wasn't for him! :lay:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.