Muslims are Wonderful People

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Muslims are Wonderful People

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:40 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:

Choudary is a moron, sporting morons blinkers and a stupid morons hat, but he doesn't represent Islam at large or UK Muslims in particular, and to some extent he is an individual who has been radicalised and brainwashed by an abhorrently pernicious reading of fundamentally dubious creed. Blaming Islam for people like Choudary is just too simple.
Actually, I think you can reasonably say that he does represent a very real strand of Islam. Also, I think it is fair to blame Islam (as well as his personality). After all, Islam contains all those violent commands in its holy writings. You will have other muslims trying to distance themselves from the jihadists, basically by saying they are "not true muslims". Well, the jihadists say vehemently that they are true muslims - why shouldn't we take them at their word? The majority of modern christians have no difficulty in repudiating the violent parts of their own holy writings, by somewhat dishonest cherry-picking, but repudiate it they do. I have never heard a muslim suggesting that the nasty bits of the Koran should be repudiated...

The thing that Seth and others do that is both wrong and dangerous does not involve blaming Islam, but involves saying that all muslims are potential terrorists, and the possible actions that flow from that piece of prejudice...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:07 am

Forty Two wrote:
eRvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
eRvin wrote:Some here clearly do irrationally fear muslims/Islam.
Who?
Seth, Collector, Tyrannical, DaveDodo
Do they "fear" them? Or, do they just not like Islam?
Of course they fear them. They think the West will be subsumed under a world-wide Islamic caliphate within a few of decades or so. It's nonsense.

I could have also added Crumple to that list, but it's getting increasingly hard to tell when he is serious or not. I suspect he is serious about his fears of Islam, but can't really be certain with anything regarding him.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:00 pm

eRvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
eRvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
eRvin wrote:Some here clearly do irrationally fear muslims/Islam.
Who?
Seth, Collector, Tyrannical, DaveDodo
Do they "fear" them? Or, do they just not like Islam?
Of course they fear them. They think the West will be subsumed under a world-wide Islamic caliphate within a few of decades or so. It's nonsense.
That may be nonsense, but there are forces and factions out there that do, in fact, have as their goal the Islamization of the west. That's not imaginary. Whether they have a chance in hell of succeeding, well, that's another matter.

From my perspective, I would just like the playing field to be level. No problem with mosques or immigration of Muslims. People can follow whatever whackjob religious bullshit they want to follow. However, I do take umbrage with floods of immigrants from Muslim countries coming to the west, when they bar floods of Christians, Jews, atheists, and other folks from moving to the "Muslim countries."

It's not fair to have secular nations with a "come one come all" policy, where folks who are keen on theocracy can move in by the boat load, but have those same countries impose strict bans on building churches and mosques, limiting non-Islamic immigration, and otherwise preferring Islam. I would make a rule that we don't take any immigrants from countries that impose discriminatory and prejudiced rules on immigrants to those countries.
eRvin wrote:
I could have also added Crumple to that list, but it's getting increasingly hard to tell when he is serious or not. I suspect he is serious about his fears of Islam, but can't really be certain with anything regarding him.
Well, fear seems weird. I don't fear Islam. I just basically loathe it, and I hold it in utter contempt.

Put well by the Hitch --

"We are in a very serious struggle, with a very depraved religion." - Spot-fucking-on.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Hitchens is stellar.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:14 pm

It's about time someone said.......

Nazis and Klansmen are wonderful people except for a few bad apples.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:51 pm

They might be wonderful people, just their beliefs and ideals are despicable lol.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:51 am

Hitler loved his dog, Blondie. Look at that goofy face, he's saying "Who's a good doggie?". In German, of course.

Want to go chase Jews? Chase Jews?? Whassat?? That a Jew? Sic 'em, girl! Get the Jew!
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:06 am

:lol: German Shepherds were smaller in them days.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 am

laklak wrote:Hitler loved his dog, Blondie. Look at that goofy face, he's saying "Who's a good doggie?". In German, of course.
Geschplecktunhausenschnitzenflappen hund! :ask:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:16 am

http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2013/08/w ... s.html?m=1

Why the Peaceful Majority Might be Dangerous

Mubarka is a Canadian born woman of Pakistani parents. She grew up in Toronto among other Canadian children and attended university where she received a degree in commerce. Today she holds a prominent position with a transportation company.

Mubarka used to be as mainstream as any Canadian young adult can be; in fact, those who met her for the first time may have been struck by her vivacious personality. Her effervescence went hand in hand with her distinct Asian beauty which she shamelessly displayed with stylish clothing including the occasional low cut top. Mubarka used to converse for hours over topics as varied as business practices in Canadian politics to contemporary music.

It comes, therefore, as a shock, when one learns what path Mubarka has recently chosen for herself. She will be wedding a Pakistani man...a devout Muslim, whom she has never met but who was chosen for her when she was an infant. Not only that, but she has donned the Hijab for the first time in her life and is strictly observing Muslim tenets. She has chosen subservience to a man and subservience to his religion over the gender freedom offered her by the Western democracy she grew up in, and she's done so without so much as a whimper of protest.

When asked why she has picked the life of Sharia, Mubarka simply states that it is as Muhammad would will, and that there is no greater prophet than Muhammad. When asked how she will raise her children, Mubarka makes it clear...they will be raised as Muslims first, and Canadians second.

It is therefore irrelevant in the grand scheme of things whether or not Hardi or Mubarka are "good" people; most people on the planet are, no matter their religion, race, or culture. What matters in the greater sense, is that as parts of the Muslim collective, neither woman would set aside her Muslim beliefs in order to safeguard and protect the full rights of non-Muslims to live as they choose. What's even more disturbing, is that both women have experienced the gender freedoms afforded them in Canada, yet both have voluntarily resigned themselves to the greater Muslim collective.

As long as each woman is part of a small minority within Canada, she offers Canada much; but once she becomes part of a significant minority, or heaven forbid, a majority, she becomes dangerous. Why? Because Muslims wherever they form a majority choose Islamic norms over the broader more tolerant standards of the West. If given a chance, as has been clearly demonstrated the world over, they would unravel hundreds of years of hard fought human rights gains and replace them with the medieval practices of their faith. As such, both Hardi and Mubarka are simply bit players in a monstrous and destructive Muslim vortex that would drag civilization backwards hundreds of years.

(continued)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:23 am

Nice fear mongering. When's this "majority" going to happen?

Not to lessen the stupid choice she's made and the stupidity of Islam, most people (progressives and conservatives alike) don't believe citizens should be able "to live as they please". And further, I'm a human first, Australian second.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:25 am

that majority might happen sooner than expected, they breed like rabbits and outbreed native population, they are an invasive species and need to be dosed with myxomatosis
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:41 am

Like hell!

Just because France has made an arse and tit of its minority populations; dumping them in ghettos. With the right organisations in place they will never be a majority.
Do you really think 5-15% will become 50+%? Not a chance. The more educated they become the more are turning away from that terrible belief system called islam.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:31 pm

The "integration" debate is interesting, and I don't think there is a consensus. Do you force immigrants to integrate, or do you encourage it to happen naturally. Or do you just take a hands off approach. It does seem that if a particular immigrant community doesn't integrate, then it leads to social problems eventually. But forcing them to integrate, like France appears to try and do, would seem to be a recipe for disaster too.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Like hell!

Just because France has made an arse and tit of its minority populations; dumping them in ghettos. With the right organisations in place they will never be a majority.
Do you really think 5-15% will become 50+%? Not a chance. The more educated they become the more are turning away from that terrible belief system called islam.
Would it be a problem for you if they did become a majority? You are in favor of organizations being in place to make sure the darker skinned population doesn't become too big a percentage of the population?

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar