- Posts: 2479
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:04 pm
- About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!
Roy Batty is dead.
'Rutger Hauer, "Blade Runner" Co-Star, Dies at 75'
Rutger Hauer, the versatile Dutch leading man of the ’70s who went on star in the 1982 “Blade Runner” as Roy Batty, died July 19 at his home in the Netherlands after a short illness. He was 75.
Hauer’s agent, Steve Kenis, confirmed the news and said that Hauer’s funeral was held Wednesday.
His most cherished performance came in a film that was a resounding flop on its original release. In 1982, he portrayed the murderous yet soulful Roy Batty, leader of a gang of outlaw replicants, opposite Harrison Ford in Ridley Scott’s sci-fi noir opus “Blade Runner.” The picture became a widely influential cult favorite, and Batty proved to be Hauer’s most indelible role.
- Off his meds
- Posts: 50781
- Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
- About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
- Location: dystopia
Dutch actors are the best actors..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.
- The sentimental bloke
- Posts: 62360
- Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
- About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
They can certainly act their clogs off...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!
- Posts: 17554
- Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 pm
- About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"
- Location: Tannhauser Gate
Swan Bean did an OK job, but "The Hitcher" will always be Rutger.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest