Formula 1

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
Mallardz
Definitely not Even Liam!

Re: Formula 1

Post by Mallardz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Force India need to keep holding those points just to overtake Renault and BMW on the constructors. Then I'll be happy. I like their new driver he was doing so well :(
Ratz it's more addictive than facebook and more fun than crack!

leo-rcc
Robo-Warrior
About me: Combat robot builder

Post by leo-rcc » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Force India will now move further back on the grid as the GP's that really suited them are now over. Still I think its great a relatively small team can gather points in this competitive field.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
My combat robot site: http://www.team-rcc.org
My other favorite atheist forum: http://www.atheistforums.org

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Mallardz
Definitely not Even Liam!

Post by Mallardz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:22 pm

leo-rcc wrote:Force India will now move further back on the grid as the GP's that really suited them are now over. Still I think its great a relatively small team can gather points in this competitive field.
Sad but true...
Ratz it's more addictive than facebook and more fun than crack!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 256295.stm

Lotus will return to F1 in 2010

Lotus are to return to Formula 1 next season for the first time since 1994.

They have been awarded the final grid spot and join Campos GP, Manor and US F1 as one of four new teams for 2010.

The FIA has given current team BMW Sauber "14th place" for 2010, meaning they are now first reserves to fill any vacancy on the grid should one arise.

However, motorsport's governing body says it will be "consulting urgently" with existing teams to expand the grid from 13 to 14 teams in time for 2010.

"The FIA believes that a good case can be made for expanding the grid to 14 teams," read an FIA statement released on Tuesday.

"It will be consulting urgently with the existing teams regarding the introduction of an appropriate rule change to expand the grid to 28 cars in time for the first Grand Prix in 2010."

While the FIA said it had received an "impressive application" from the BMW Sauber team, it added: "However, given that BMW has announced it will withdraw its support in 2010, there are still uncertainties regarding the future ownership of the team."

The Norfolk-based Litespeed team bought the rights to the name Team Lotus - which competed in F1 from 1958 through to 1994 - and was awarded its place, also pushing out Epsilon Euskadi, following an intensive selection and due diligence process conducted by the FIA.

The team won seven constructors' crowns and six drivers' championships, including wins by Jim Clark and Graham Hill, during their golden era in the 1960s and '70s.

Three-time world champion, the late Ayrton Senna, drove for Lotus for three seasons between 1985 and 1987 - although the team enjoyed limited success during that period.

In its new incarnation the team is a partnership between the Malaysian Government and a consortium of Malaysian entrepreneurs and is being led by team principal Tony Fernandes, the founder of the Malaysian-based Tune Group, which owns Air Asia airline.

Mike Gascoyne - who has 20 years experience in the sport after working with Jordan, Renault, Toyota, and most recently Force India - returns to F1 as the team's technical director.

The team will be initially based in Norfolk, though its future design, research and development, manufacturing and technical centre will be purpose built at Malaysia's Sepang International circuit.

Their withdrawal from F1 in 1994 owed to financial pressures, but Lotus remains the fourth most successful constructor of all time.
Interesting i though toyota owned this but Proton owns it but it will be good to see one of the old teams back although radically different from the original. :D
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

CJ

Post by CJ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:24 am

Interesting news. Let's hope they're competitive.

Horwood Beer-Master
"...a complete Kentish hog"
Location: Wandering somewhere around the Darenth Valley - Kent

Post by Horwood Beer-Master » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Busted!

There's a lesson in all of this, never fire someone if they know where all the bodies are buried.

CJ

Post by CJ » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Horwood Beer-Master wrote:Busted!

There's a lesson in all of this, never fire someone if they know where all the bodies are buried.
Amazing shit! :lay:

Deep Sea Isopod
Bathynomus giganteus

Post by Deep Sea Isopod » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:13 pm

WOO HOO!! for the Somerset boy. :toot:
I run with scissors. It makes me feel dangerous Image

CJ

Post by CJ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 am

He was a pretty happy bunny!

Horwood Beer-Master

Post by Horwood Beer-Master » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 pm

CJ wrote:He was a pretty happy bunny!
And Lewis Hamilton's popularity rating in Brazil goes down yet another notch. :hehe:

leo-rcc
Robo-Warrior
About me: Combat robot builder

Post by leo-rcc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:04 pm

congratulations to Brawn GP and Jenson Button for securing their first titles in Formula 1. This team couldn't possibly have dreamed of such a perfect start when they registered with the FIA back in March.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
My combat robot site: http://www.team-rcc.org
My other favorite atheist forum: http://www.atheistforums.org

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you

CJ

Post by CJ » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:39 pm

leo-rcc wrote:congratulations to Brawn GP and Jenson Button for securing their first titles in Formula 1. This team couldn't possibly have dreamed of such a perfect start when they registered with the FIA back in March.
That's true. I don't know of any noobie team taking drivers and constructors world championships in their first year.

CJ

Post by CJ » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 pm

It also puts Michael Schumacher's performance into a slightly different light as he is undoubtedly a fantastic driver and championships with Bennaton but he gained most of his wins at Ferrari while Ross Brawn effectively ran them. I feel it goes to show just how critically important management is to a successful organisation.

Horwood Beer-Master

Post by Horwood Beer-Master » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 am