The Aussie Rules thread

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Re: The Aussie Rules thread

Post by redunderthebed » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:59 am

Port Adelaide has a new coach Ken Hinkley!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6489287699

Ken Hinkley wins Port Adelaide coaching job

After 62 days - and contract offers to two other candidates - the Gold Coast assistant filled the vacancy at Alberton and started work on list-management this morning.

Hinkley will be formally presented as the Power coach at Alberton on Monday while his new football staff starts trade talks at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.

Port will announce a new football structure with Hinkley as coach and Alan Richardson still in the frame as the new coaching director.

Former fitness coach Darren Burgess, who has returned to Adelaide from English Premier League club Liverpool, will regain control of the Power's fitness program.

Hinkley's appointment follows Leon Cameron turning down a contract to be the senior assistant coach at Greater Western Sydney and Rodney Eade being told by text message that the job was no longer his.

Crows coach Brenton Sanderson today described Hinkley, a former team-mate and coaching partner at Geelong, as a "great'' signing for the Power.

"He will bring them new ideas - and Port Adelaide will improve quickly,'' he said.
Welcome Aboard and good luck! :tup:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 am

He was a damn good player for Geelong in his time, and is well regarded as an assistant coach...

Treat him better than you've treated other coaches...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:07 pm

Perfect start to the season port adelaide won cows lost

Not only did port win they won by over 10 goals. :D

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm

redunderthebed wrote:Perfect start to the season port adelaide won cows lost

Not only did port win they won by over 10 goals. :D
It's been a round of upsets - the Suns beat St Kilda!

Geelong plays Hawthorn today... :nervous:
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am

Cats only just scraped by! :? Those peskie bastards from the glitter strip fucked up my perfect round in the footy tipping. :lay:

But i must admit it is a nice feeling for Port Adelaide to be in the papers for not being complete shit or broke but winning. :tut:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:00 pm

redunderthebed wrote:Cats only just scraped by! :? Those peskie bastards from the glitter strip fucked up my perfect round in the footy tipping. :lay:

But i must admit it is a nice feeling for Port Adelaide to be in the papers for not being complete shit or broke but winning. :tut:
Sure, but don't forget you beat the sick man of the AFL...

The Nar Nar Goon thirds would probably give Melbourne a hard time at the moment...
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

Fuck the crows!

Port Adelaide won the showdown! :tut:

Undefeated and top of the ladder oh happy days! :dance: :smoke:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:47 am

redunderthebed wrote:Fuck the crows!

Good for them!

Geelong also undefeated, but without a good percentage because we haven't played Melbourne yet! :hehe:
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 am

JimC wrote:

Good for them!

Geelong also undefeated, but without a good percentage because we haven't played Melbourne yet! :hehe:
Or GWS and we have gold coast suns next week! :tut:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:09 am

redunderthebed wrote:
JimC wrote:

Good for them!

Or GWS and we have gold coast suns next week! :tut:
The Suns actually came pretty close to Brisbane, and I also expect GWS to knock over Melbourne in next week's round...

Next week, the Cats have to play the Swans up in Sydney, which will be a bloody big challenge...
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 am

We even injured a few crows players oh happy days. :tut:

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Best start ever since entering the AFL.... :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

I believe that may *just* make it that the club from alberton are above the cats!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 pm

redunderthebed wrote:Best start ever since entering the AFL.... :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

I believe that may *just* make it that the club from alberton are above the cats!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Probably, given your %...

But it's one thing to beat Gold Coast, and quite another to knock off the reigning Premiers on their home turf... :smug:
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm

PORT ADELAIDE DOES IT AGAIN!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut:

41 points behind at 3 qtr time and won by 5 points. :D

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 pm

So, your blokes have had 5 wins on the trot...

After beating the Bulldogs last night, so have the Cats...

And the Bombers, for that matter...

Strange start to the season...
And my gin!