The Aussie Rules thread

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
Magicziggy

The Aussie Rules thread

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:01 am

Varcoe is one of my ex- students. Nice lad.

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Re: The Aussie Rules thread

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:24 am

Port Adelaide actually won a game! :cheer: :awesome:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:25 am

aaand after a slightly less shit season and the humiliation of losing to GWS Matthew Primus was told that he would not be coaching next season and decided to resign with assistant coach shaun rehn taking the reigns.

Farewell matty you have served our club well. :clap:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 am

redunderthebed wrote:aaand after a slightly less shit season and the humiliation of losing to GWS Matthew Primus was told that he would not be coaching next season and decided to resign with assistant coach shaun rehn taking the reigns.

I heard that too, Red - I gather they'll be paying out his contract for next year...

You would have been happy with the Cats last week, knocking over the Crows... ;)

And I was bloody happy with them on Friday night, shafting the Hawks. Nasty little man, their coach...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:55 am

JimC wrote:
redunderthebed wrote:aaand after a slightly less shit season and the humiliation of losing to GWS Matthew Primus was told that he would not be coaching next season and decided to resign with assistant coach shaun rehn taking the reigns.

I heard that too, Red - I gather they'll be paying out his contract for next year...
No need his contract ends in 2012

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:37 am

redunderthebed wrote:
JimC wrote:

I was sure it included 2013...

That's what the pundits were saying on the TV...
And my gin!

SteveB
Nibbler
About me: The more you change the less you feel

Post by SteveB » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 am

Aussies are like reverse Canucks, cuz they're South of the equator. At least we don't have the Jack on our flag tho. :D
Twit, twat, twaddle.
hadespussercats wrote:I've been de-sigged! :(

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:25 am

JimC wrote:
redunderthebed wrote:
JimC wrote:

I was sure it included 2013...

That's what the pundits were saying on the TV...
It had an option to extend to 2013 the club did not take it up. The coach is actually going to be a legend of your club jim gary hocking not shaun rehn i don't think it will make much difference.

Our president brett duncanson has resigned as well.

Upheaval galore at Port Adelaide.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:55 am

Hocking was a damn good footballer, and a definite hard man...
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 am

A DRAW! :(

Port Adelaide 16-10-106
Richmond 16-10-106

Dom Cassisi got the draw with a mongrel punt for a behind rather proud of the lads they never gave in played 4 qtrs and almost won the game. :clap:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:35 am

redunderthebed wrote:A DRAW! :(

Port Adelaide 16-10-106
Richmond 16-10-106

Dom Cassisi got the draw with a mongrel punt for a behind rather proud of the lads they never gave in played 4 qtrs and almost won the game. :clap:
First and only draw of the season, too...

The pussycats are in the finals, and have a good chance of upsetting a few sides, given their current form...
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 am

JimC wrote:
redunderthebed wrote:A DRAW! :(

Port Adelaide 16-10-106
Richmond 16-10-106

First and only draw of the season, too...

The pussycats are in the finals, and have a good chance of upsetting a few sides, given their current form...
They seem to have the habit of great teams of years gone by of coming good when it really matters.

Will be good when kardinia park doesn't look like a construction site. :razzle:

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:51 am

Eat shit crows. :coffee:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:52 am

For next week...

Go Swans!

(and the Geelong Falcons at least won the VFL grand final today...)
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:04 am

Its north adelaide vs norwood in the SANFL grand final C'mon north adelaide beat those redleg bastards! :tut:

I too will be hitching my bandwagon to the swannies joyous memories of watch thousands of cows fans depopulating football park. :dance: