Winter Olympics 2018

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Winter Olympics 2018

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:58 am

All the sports I want to watch occur in precise couple of hour blocks, and are over in a day, two at most. Fucking figure skating, though, it's been on for 3 or 4 days now and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. WTF?! Who watches that shit? Surely they could get it done with in an hour and then we don't have to see any more non-sports events at the games.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Re: Winter Olympics 2018

Post by cronus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 am

pErvinalia wrote:All the sports I want to watch occur in precise couple of hour blocks, and are over in a day, two at most. Fucking figure skating, though, it's been on for 3 or 4 days now and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. WTF?! Who watches that shit? Surely they could get it done with in an hour and then we don't have to see any more non-sports events at the games.
Drugs keep them going.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:04 am

I feel an icy disdain for the whole damn thing..
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:45 am

I hold preofessional sports of any kind in utter contempt
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am

I concur with the above two gentlemen!

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 am

Figure skating is the only part of the Winter Olympics I tune in for, so that's who :hehe:
lordpasternack wrote:Yeah - I fuckin' love oppressin' ma wimmin, like I love chowin' on ma bacon and tuggin' on ma ol' cock… ;)
Pappa wrote:God is a cunt! I wank over pictures of Jesus! I love Darwin so much I'd have sex with his bones!!!!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 am

I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 am

pErvinalia wrote:All the sports I want to watch occur in precise couple of hour blocks, and are over in a day, two at most. Fucking figure skating, though, it's been on for 3 or 4 days now and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. WTF?! Who watches that shit? Surely they could get it done with in an hour and then we don't have to see any more non-sports events at the games.
Couch potato squeals about not getting exactly what he wants for how long he wants it whenever he wants it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 am

You're damn right! :lay:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Any "sport" that requires subjective judges to determine who has won is not a sport. Figure skating is definitely not a sport but entertainment and should not be part of the olympics.
Why do they give style marks to ski-jumping? The Olympic Motto is: "Faster, Higher, Stronger". Nothing about prettier.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Any "sport" that requires subjective judges to determine who has won is not a sport. Figure skating is definitely not a sport but entertainment and should not be part of the olympics.
Why do they give style marks to ski-jumping? The Olympic Motto is: "Faster, Higher, Stronger". Nothing about prettier.
If you add "Smarter" to the motto, chess is a sport. No subjective judges required to determine who has won.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Hermit wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Any "sport" that requires subjective judges to determine who has won is not a sport. Figure skating is definitely not a sport but entertainment and should not be part of the olympics.
If you add "Smarter" to the motto, chess is a sport. No subjective judges required to determine who has won.
Is it an Olympic sport though? How about snakes and ladders? Tiddlywinks anyone? There are international tiddlywinks tournaments and nothing subjective there.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Wanking.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm not a fan of the subjective judging sports. The trick-skiing, figure skating and snowboarding stuff should not be Olympic sports, IMO. But, other people like them, so that's fine for them. In the summer olympics, gymnastics is like that. I think you really have to consider them "sports" but they just aren't my preferred type. Sport really is any physical activity which amounts to a competition among participants, whether individually or as a team, where the physical activity is the focus of the competition.

Chess would not be a "sport" because the physical exertion of moving a chess piece is incidential. It's not a competition as to who moves chess pieces faster or better. It's game of skill and strategy.

Figure skating is, indeed, a sport, because it's physical exertion is the focus of the competition. It's who is the better skater, under the rules of that competition.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:02 am

Fark, figure skating is on again today. Just fuck the fuck off!