Cubs vs. Indians

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Cubs vs. Indians

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Seems a pretty superstitious game.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Animavore wrote:Seems a pretty superstitious game.
That's part of the fun.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Cubs defeated the Injuns 9 to 3 last night, evening up the Series at 3 games each.

The deciding game is in Cleveland tonight, November 2. This is for all the marbles.

Can the Cubbies break the curse of Merkle's Boner (or the Billy Goat Curse, if applicable)?

108 years since Chicago won a World Series. The suspense in tonight's game will be palpable.

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:19 am

Cleveland just tied it up in the 8th. Go Indians!

devogue

Post by devogue » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:25 am

Cubs won

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Yep. Congratulations, Chicago Cubs. An excellent series, and a well deserved win to break their 108 year drought.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:55 pm

And, now the fun of being a Cubs fan is over. it's like that feeling after the Christmas presents are opened, and the festivities done for the Christmas holiday. Sort of a happy I got presents, but deflated feeling that there is no more suspense and anticipation.....

No more curses.... no more "lovable losers..."

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:58 am

Well done, Chicago.

Famous for being the background of the Blues Brothers movie.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:49 am

Not only did the Cubs win for the first time in over 100 years, but Ireland also won against the All Blacks for the first time in over 100 years - in Chicago!
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Animavore wrote:Not only did the Cubs win for the first time in over 100 years, but Ireland also won against the All Blacks for the first time in over 100 years - in Chicago!
Must be something in the water.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4