Women's World Cup

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Women's World Cup

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Look, it's simple. They are paid less because of biology, not patriarchy. If you found a sport that women are as good as men at, and they were paid less, then you could make a patriarchy case. But when biology makes clear differences, then it doesn't make sense to claim it is because of patriarchy.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:47 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:Look, it's simple. They are paid less because of biology, not patriarchy. If you found a sport that women are as good as men at, and they were paid less, then you could make a patriarchy case. But when biology makes clear differences, then it doesn't make sense to claim it is because of patriarchy.
You're not up on your current feminist theory.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:49 pm

Well you're apparently not up with current logic... :bored:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:53 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:Well you're apparently not up with current logic... :bored:
You're either a feminist or a bigot, there is no in between.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 pm

It would be funny, if your own ideas about females weren't so suspect. :coffee:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:03 pm

And what do you suspect about my ideas about females?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Forty Two wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Astroturf? Really? If they did, I imagine it is possibly because Canada doesn't have a lot of grass fields. Don't you lot play Gridiron on astroturf? That's probably the main footy grounds that the Canadians have. Most other countries are either soccer fanatics or play two or more codes of grass field football (like the rugby codes).
I don't think availability of grass is the problem. You can always put down a sod turf in a fairly short time.

FIFA made a conscious decision to hold the whole tournement on astroturf.
Probably find that some FIFA delegates have shares in Astroturf Corps.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:56 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Every man is a feminist. Well, you've got to be if you wanna get a shag these days. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Every man is a feminist. Well, you've got to be if you wanna get a shag these days. :tea:
Thankfully, I'm married, but during my pre-marriage 25 years of dating, I never met a woman who applied her feminist ideals to dating. :{D

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Your anecdote makes a strong argument for something.

Frank Zappa

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Hmm, not sure what the problem is with applying feminist ideals to dating is...people never complained about me paying or sharing the cost of dates, and having sex without expecting anything in return :dunno:
lordpasternack wrote:Yeah - I fuckin' love oppressin' ma wimmin, like I love chowin' on ma bacon and tuggin' on ma ol' cock… ;)
Pappa wrote:God is a cunt! I wank over pictures of Jesus! I love Darwin so much I'd have sex with his bones!!!!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Your anecdote makes a strong argument for something.
Everybody's personal experience is an anecdote.

If someone wants to advance the notion that a man acting like a feminist will increase his rate of getting laid, I'd love to see the evidence for it. Until then, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.... :smoke:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm

rachelbean wrote:Hmm, not sure what the problem is with applying feminist ideals to dating is...people never complained about me paying or sharing the cost of dates, and having sex without expecting anything in return :dunno:
that's not a problem in the least. It's just, in my experience, unusual. Well, the first bit. I don't know what most of the women I slept with over the years were or were not expecting - and I found that in my experience it never really seemed as if women would only have sex if they got something in return. I don't know about other guys' experiences, but in my life, I didn't get the impression that women were expecting anything in return (except decent sex and to be treated decently during and afterward).

The paying for dates thing, though. I never lived in a world where women paid for dates other than in the rare instance. On first or early dates in a relationship, my experience was that women would offer to pay half when the rare times when the date wasn't exacting going well. My impression in my experience was that they would want to pay for half the date to avoid the situation where I (the guy) would "expect" something as a result of having paid. I never actually had such an expectation when I did pay, but I got the distinct impression over the years that women thought men expected SOMETHING if they shelled out a lot of money on a date.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Sex is much less stressful when money changes hands.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Horse riding seems to be an equal sport.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".