Xamonas chegwe on suicide watch

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Xamonas chegwe on suicide watch

Post by redunderthebed » Sun May 05, 2013 5:43 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live ... 648/report

Anthony Knockaert scored in the 90th minute as Leicester grabbed a play-off place on the final day of the Championship season with a 3-2 win at Nottingham Forest.

Knockaert's injury-time goal sent the 2,025 travelling Foxes - and the visiting bench - berserk in celebration as they edged Bolton out of the top six, with the Trotters drawing 2-2 at home to Blackpool.

Simon Cox gave Nottingham Forest an early lead but goals from Matty James and Andy King sent Leicester into half-time ahead.

Elliott Ward levelled things up again at the start of the second half before Knockaert settled matters late on.

Forest flew out of the blocks. Andy Reid went close after two minutes with a curling free-kick which brushed the top of the net on its way over.

It was from Reid's left-wing cross that the Reds took the lead shortly afterwards.

Henri Lansbury knocked the ball down and Cox reacted quickest to score from six yards out.

Knockaert curled a couple of efforts narrowly wide after cutting inside from the right on to his left foot.

Forest goalkeeper Karl Darlow then had to push a fierce 25-yard strike from David Nugent over the crossbar.

The goal Nigel Pearson's side had been threatening came midway through the first half.

Forest fell asleep at a corner, allowing Lloyd Dyer and James to work a short routine and the latter beat Darlow at the near post with a shot from just outside the area.

The Foxes eventually made the breakthrough three minutes before half-time after more brilliance from Knockaert.

After beating his man down the left, the Frenchman stood the ball up at the far post and King headed into the roof of the net from two yards out.

Forest began the second half as they started the match - with a goal.

Reid curled a free-kick to the far post where Ward headed home from inside the six-yard box.

But, as it had in the first half, the pendulum looked to be swinging back in Leicester's favour.

Nugent and Chris Wood scuffed chance inside the box before an almighty goalmouth scramble needed Lansbury to clear off the line after Darlow had made a brave block.

Forest were the team that looked most likely to nick a winner as they poured forward with wave after wave of late attack. But in the end their eagerness to do so cost them as Leicester pinched the ball and attacked with the Reds short at the back.

Wood squared the ball to Knockaert who had the simple task of tapping into an empty net from close range.
Ouch just ouch that's gotta hurt against one of your main rivals. :console:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Re: Xamonas chegwe on suicide watch

Post by FBM » Sun May 05, 2013 5:47 am

Or perhaps homicide watch... :tea:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun May 05, 2013 6:03 am

Nah. Having followed Forest for several decades and in and out of 3 divisions of English football, I take the rough with the smooth. I can assure you that finishing second in the Premiership last season hurt Man U glory-hunters far more than yesterday's defeat hurt any Forest fan! Not to mention Barcelona's inglorious Champion's League exit!

True fans of clubs that don't have bottomless pockets learn to take things in their stride. We expect to lose every game on a dodgy penalty decision or an unjust red card! but, on those rare occasions when things DON'T fuck up for us and we (against EVERY prediction) exceed expectations by lightyears, the elation is something that no fair-weather fan that supports a club because they win tons of trophies could EVER feel.

I support my local club. And I do it when they NEED support. I support them in League 1, The Championship, The Premiership - wherever. Billy Davies did great things even getting us into the playoff places this season - considering where he started from. Given a full season next year, I have no doubt that we will be fighting for an automatic spot.

And if not, well that's football. REAL football. Not watching some club from the other side of the world that you only follow cos they were winning everything when you were a kid and that are only one of several clubs that you "support". :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun May 05, 2013 6:07 am

Oh. And we finished above the Derby Sheepshaggers. A fact that makes any season a win! :biggrin:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Sun May 05, 2013 6:19 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:Nah. Having followed Forest for several decades and in and out of 3 divisions of English football, I take the rough with the smooth. I can assure you that finishing second in the Premiership last season hurt Man U glory-hunters far more than yesterday's defeat hurt any Forest fan! Not to mention Barcelona's inglorious Champion's League exit!

True fans of clubs that don't have bottomless pockets learn to take things in their stride. We expect to lose every game on a dodgy penalty decision or an unjust red card! but, on those rare occasions when things DON'T fuck up for us and we (against EVERY prediction) exceed expectations by lightyears, the elation is something that no fair-weather fan that supports a club because they win tons of trophies could EVER feel.

I support my local club. And I do it when they NEED support. I support them in League 1, The Championship, The Premiership - wherever. Billy Davies did great things even getting us into the playoff places this season - considering where he started from. Given a full season next year, I have no doubt that we will be fighting for an automatic spot.

And if not, well that's football. REAL football. Not watching some club from the other side of the world that you only follow cos they were winning everything when you were a kid and that are only one of several clubs that you "support". :tea:

Funnily i get what you are saying my friend i support Adelaide United my local team too. Its just that at one stage in Australia that unless you were of greek italian croatian etc heritage that there wasn't a team for you at pretty much any level. So thats why generations of Australians supported manchester united etc and continue to do so (now there is broad-based teams like in engurland i do think its your duty to support your local team). But however if you anyone ask me anywhere in the world who i support i say Adelaide United you are 100% correct you cannot have the same bond with a team half way accross the world as you do with your local team.
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun May 05, 2013 6:30 am

Speaking of local teams, Red...

The Cats are still undefeated... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sun May 05, 2013 6:32 am

JimC wrote:Speaking of local teams, Red...

We only lost that game by the skin of our teeth. :Erasb:

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun May 05, 2013 6:32 am

That wasn't really my point. I was saying that you cannot experience the same elation in winning when you expect to win every game that you can when every victory is an unexpected joy.

Being a Man United fan and winning the Champions League is like being a billionaire and getting your monthly interest.
Being a Forest fan and winning an away FA Cup tie at Everton is like some guy on the dole winning a few thousand on the lottery.

On the other side of the coin. When Forest lose that cup tie - the fans take comfort in the fact that we were winning for 3 minutes before their first half equaliser and that we played our socks off. When Man U lose in the Champions League final, their "fans" are distraught!

I know which I prefer. The uncertainty of our highs and lows are like the knowledge that there is no meaning and no guidance in this universe, as compared to the blinkered certainty and false comfort of religion.
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun May 05, 2013 6:33 am

redunderthebed wrote:

You are certainly up and about this year - that's what happens when you have an ex-Cats player as a coach... :tea:
And my gin!

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun May 05, 2013 6:34 am

BTW, Red. If you must post enormous images - use the IMGFIT tags - I fixed it for you. :tea:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 am

JimC wrote:
redunderthebed wrote:

You are certainly up and about this year - that's what happens when you have an ex-Cats player as a coach... :tea:
Sir Kenny Hinkley

:swoon:

Then explain away how the crows are so shit this year :roflol:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun May 05, 2013 6:42 am

Hinkley is a better coach than Sanderson. He contains more feline genes... :tea:
And my gin!

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:18 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Not watching some club that you only follow cos they were winning everything when you were a kid
I used to support Leeds United for that very same reason

I also support Liverpool : Real Madrid : Ajax : Germany : Brazil

Off the top of me head that is seventeen European Cups and six World Cups

If Jo Mo comes back to Chelsea next season I may support them too so even more silver

Forest were quite a good team in their hey day but it is a long time since they won a European Cup
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Not watching some club that you only follow cos they were winning everything when you were a kid

If Jo Mo comes back to Chelsea next season I may support them too so even more silver

Forest were quite a good team in their hey day but it is a long time since they won a European Cup
Might as well vote for whoever is highest in the opinion polls. :roll:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:33 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:

Might as well vote for whoever is highest in the opinion polls
That is not the same thing : Not at all : The analogy is therefore an inaccurate one

Giving power to someone over your life or supporting who you want to are completely different
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN