Lance Armstrong: From hero to zero

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: Lance Armstrong: From hero to zero

Post by klr » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

UCI, the world cycling body, has fallen into line and stripped Armstrong of his 7 Tour de France titles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20008520

I guess the UCI had no option but to throw Armstrong under the bus to try and save itself.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:20 pm

At least Mark McGwire never did any drugs.

Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm

If Luis Suarez thinks he's having a bad day after getting a 10-match ban, he should look on the bright side. He could be Lance Armstrong:
US government seeks £78m in damages over Armstrong affair

The US government is seeking more than £78m in damages after filing a lawsuit over the Lance Armstrong affair.

The banned American cyclist, 41, is accused of violating his contract with his former team and is said to have been "unjustly enriched" while cheating to win the Tour de France.

"The US Postal Service paid about $40m [£26m] to sponsor the USPS team from 1998 to 2004," the court document said.

Armstrong has admitted to doping during all of his seven Tour de France wins.

The lawsuit also names former team director Johan Bruyneel and team management company Tailwind Sports as defendants.

Armstrong ended years of denial in January during an interview with chat show host Oprah Winfrey in which he described doping as part of the process of winning the Tour.

The US government announced in February it would join the 2010 'whistleblowing' lawsuit filed by ex-US Postal rider Floyd Landis, who himself admitted using drugs throughout his career. Tuesday was the deadline for the Justice Department to file its formal complaint.
continued: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22276536
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:13 pm

klr wrote:If Luis Suarez thinks he's having a bad day after getting a 10-match ban, he should look on the bright side. He could be Lance Armstrong:
US government seeks £78m in damages over Armstrong affair

The US government is seeking more than £78m in damages after filing a lawsuit over the Lance Armstrong affair.

The banned American cyclist, 41, is accused of violating his contract with his former team and is said to have been "unjustly enriched" while cheating to win the Tour de France.

"The US Postal Service paid about $40m [£26m] to sponsor the USPS team from 1998 to 2004," the court document said.

Armstrong has admitted to doping during all of his seven Tour de France wins.

The lawsuit also names former team director Johan Bruyneel and team management company Tailwind Sports as defendants.

Armstrong ended years of denial in January during an interview with chat show host Oprah Winfrey in which he described doping as part of the process of winning the Tour.

The US government announced in February it would join the 2010 'whistleblowing' lawsuit filed by ex-US Postal rider Floyd Landis, who himself admitted using drugs throughout his career. Tuesday was the deadline for the Justice Department to file its formal complaint.
continued: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22276536
If Luis Suarez was a bank clerk he'd have been fired and the police would haver charged him, if he'd have been a dog we'd have executed him. Armstrong would always just be a prick.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man