Blue Moon (FBM's fuck up derail)

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Blue Moon

Post by FBM » Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Merged Ani's, Ele's and my threads on the same topic. It was a crap shoot as to whose title and whose name came out in the final version. Dunno how to control that. :dunno: Anyhoo, we can edit it if there's any consternation about the final version.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: Wot? No Man City celebratory thread?

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

FBM wrote:Merged Ani's, Ele's and my threads on the same topic. It was a crap shoot as to whose title and whose name came out in the final version. Dunno how to control that. :dunno: Anyhoo, we can edit it if there's any consternation about the final version.
FBM, you merge the newer threads into the oldest one and it comes out on top. Whatever thread receives the other threads is the one the subject lines shows.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Mon May 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
FBM wrote:Merged Ani's, Ele's and my threads on the same topic. It was a crap shoot as to whose title and whose name came out in the final version. Dunno how to control that. :dunno: Anyhoo, we can edit it if there's any consternation about the final version.
FBM, you merge the newer threads into the oldest one and it comes out on top. Whatever thread receives the other threads is the one the subject lines shows.
Oh. I thought it went the other way. Anyway, it rolled up with Ani's name and my title. If Ani wants, we can edit the title. Apologies to Elessarina all around.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Blue Moon (FBM's fuck up derail)

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm

FBM wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:
Oh. I thought it went the other way. Anyway, it rolled up with Ani's name and my title. If Ani wants, we can edit the title. Apologies to Elessarina all around.
Just picture it as taking things out of a folder and putting them in another folder. The target folder doesn't change, but the now-empty folder goes away.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Mon May 14, 2012 3:16 pm

I might actually understand you for once. :shock: :?

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Blue Moon

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon May 14, 2012 3:23 pm

FBM wrote:I might actually understand you for once. :shock: :?
Okay, let me rephrase that. "Put the coolest thread on the left and the weirdest thread on the right. Then you put your right foot out..."

Elessarina
Bearer of Anduril
Bearer of Anduril
About me: The Fastest Ratz.. apparently

Post by Elessarina » Mon May 14, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm confused..

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Mon May 14, 2012 4:09 pm

You, Ani and I started separate threads about Man City's victory. Rum and Ani pointed that out, so I merged the threads, which is protocol. However, somehow my thread title was preserved, but with Ani showing as the OP. Do you think it needs re-fixing?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 pm

My one is first because it's the earliest. Your title was chosen because I presume you merged the other two with your thread.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Mon May 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Animavore wrote:My one is first because it's the earliest. Your title was chosen because I presume you merged the other two with your thread.
It's not what I intended. I started with Ele's thread because I thought it was the first (should've been more keen on checking the times, I guess). I thought it would put her title and name up. I merged yours to hers, thinking that yours was second, then I merged mine last. I had it ass-backwards, apparently. :oops: Suggest a fix?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Yes. The last thread picked is the one the others are merging to.

Easiest fix is to edit the OP and manually change the title to the one you want.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Animavore wrote:Yes. The last thread picked is the one the others are merging to.

Easiest fix is to edit the OP and manually change the title to the one you want.
"Man v Man", then?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Blue moon is more appropriate. Whatever you want.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Re: Blue moon.

Post by FBM » Mon May 14, 2012 4:33 pm

I wanna go to sleep. 1:30ish here... :yawn:

Elessarina
Bearer of Anduril
Bearer of Anduril
About me: The Fastest Ratz.. apparently

Post by Elessarina » Mon May 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Man v food is fuck all to do with football it's a food TV show please un-merge!