Hodgson for England

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Re: Hodgson for England

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:30 pm

So that's over, Hodgson has resigned after the most humiliating result in English football history, a 2-1 defeat to Iceland in Euro 2016.

To put that into perspective: England have more registered footballers than Iceland have people.

As usual, Liverpool fans were ahead of the curve. A pat on the back for us, we informed you thusly.

Of course, you can expect the FA to learn absolutely nothing and to appoint another hapless incompetent like Gary Neville or Gareth Southgate to the role.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Hodgson for England

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 am

It was a brilliant game.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".