The baseball thread

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Re: The baseball thread

Post by rachelbean » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 pm

I can see his balls.
lordpasternack wrote:Yeah - I fuckin' love oppressin' ma wimmin, like I love chowin' on ma bacon and tuggin' on ma ol' cock… ;)
Pappa wrote:God is a cunt! I wank over pictures of Jesus! I love Darwin so much I'd have sex with his bones!!!!

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:14 pm

rachelbean wrote:I can see his balls.
That's rare when it comes to a Japanese guy, isn't it?

rachelbean
"awesome."

Post by rachelbean » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:34 pm

:hehe:
lordpasternack wrote:Yeah - I fuckin' love oppressin' ma wimmin, like I love chowin' on ma bacon and tuggin' on ma ol' cock… ;)
Pappa wrote:God is a cunt! I wank over pictures of Jesus! I love Darwin so much I'd have sex with his bones!!!!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:13 am

THE D-BACKS ARE 6 GAMES BEHIND THE TOP OF NL WEST. :ab:

:ddpan: Fucking Dodgers go back to being crap
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

rachelbean
"awesome."

Post by rachelbean » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:12 am

Go Doyers! :cheers:

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm

rachelbean wrote:Go Back to Brooklyn, Doyers! :cheers:
:fix:

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 am

Coito ergo sum wrote:
rachelbean wrote:Go Back to Brooklyn, Doyers! :cheers:
:fix:
Agreed. :tut: although we did just pwned the doyers 7-2 in LA. :cheer:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Two home runs for Raul Ibanez last night, and the Yanks win!

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Preview of tonight's game: http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=321011110

The Captain: Image

Donny Baseball: Image

Mr. October -- Reggie! Reggie!! Image

The Mick! Image

The Iron Horse: Image

40 American league championships and 27 World Series titles. Time for number 28, boys!

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Preview of tonight's game: http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=321011110

The Captain: Image

Donny Baseball: Image

Mr. October -- Reggie! Reggie!! Image

The Mick! Image

The Iron Horse: Image

The Babe: Image

40 American league championships and 27 World Series titles. Time for number 28, boys!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 am

MLB is apparently going to come to Australia in 2014!!! :ab:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sport ... 6412973417

This won't be an exhibition series. It's the season opener with competition points on the line.

All that remains for approval is a little nod from the NSW government, which is deciding whether to throw an extra couple of million into a Major League Baseball game that will bring untold attention to Australia, or to throw the money at some anonymous stage play and that will reach an audience you could lose inside Cate Blanchett's summer home.

Destination NSW is still deciding whether to underwrite moves to bring the game to Sydney but the numbers all seem to add up.

The game will sell Sydney to the world, but particularly Asia, and most particularly Japan, where all three games will be beamed live.

Each game will hit 40 million homes in Japan. Another 70 million in the US, and 12 million in Korea and Taiwan. Then you throw in the sports shows, the magazines and newspaper coverage and, worldwide, estimates are as high as 350 million households that will be reached.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

It's enough to make you want to stock up on your stuffed koalas, which will be in short supply afterwards. Or so you would believe.

It is believed it will take a commitment of only several million dollars -- not tens of millions -- to entice Major League Baseball to Sydney, yet it remains no sure thing.

That seems odd given that, in the scheme of things, a few million pesos is a spit in the ocean of government spending.

The NSW government spent $50 million keeping the NRL grand final in Sydney, when it was never going anywhere. It puts millions into the Bledisloe Cup, some $25 million was well spent on bringing the V8 Supercars to Homebush, while another $15 million was spent on winning the Asian Cup.

Plays Of The Week
FS Promo SEM Plays of the Week

Must see: The weirdest and wackiest moments in sport

Underwritten by $60 million by the federal government, and with each cry of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" Sydney was slowly regaining the sporting reputation hijacked by Melbourne.

With so much money being invested in bringing the big sports to NSW, the Major League bid looks a no-brainer.

The problem is Destination NSW's new chief executive, Sandra Chipchase, has an arts and culture background, and was not involved in the Government pleasing the Great Unwashed with the benefits mentioned previously. It is understood she would prefer to spend the money on arts and culture.

Ultimately, Ms Chipchase has to confirm the money, and nobody is prepared to guarantee she will.

So as we wait for Destination NSW to make a decision all we can do is dream.

The SCG Trust already has plans for reconfiguring the ground, preparing to dress up the old lady for a show like no other.

On Wednesday, Sydney's final bid was sent to Major League baseball. Early next month Jason Moore, who is pushing the bid, will fly to America to give the personal touch.
The rumour going around is that the ONE AND FUCKING ONLY ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS!!! are going to play the doyers here as apart of a 3 game international series. :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab:

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:27 pm

12 year old baseball player is 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters) tall and 200 pounds (90.72 kg/14.28 stone) --