Le Tour

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
cowiz
Shirley
About me: Head up a camels arse

Le Tour

Post by cowiz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 pm

You Brits must be brimming with pride at Mark Cavendish's exploits. What a great sprinter and what a fantastic team servant he is.

Vive la Tour - the greatest sporting event in the world.
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Re: Le Tour

Post by redunderthebed » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:06 am

He'll be known as the manx (He is from Isle of Man not manchester) cyclist if he doesn't win the tour. :hehe:

Sorry Pawiz cant get into a bunch of drugged up europeans wearing a condom and riding around on a pushbike. :nono:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

cowiz
Shirley

Post by cowiz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:05 am

Mr Bouquet wrote:He'll be known as the manx (He is from Isle of Man not manchester) cyclist if he doesn't win the tour. :hehe:

Sorry Pawiz cant get into a bunch of drugged up europeans wearing a condom and riding around on a pushbike. :nono:
Bollocks.
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:16 am

pawiz wrote:
Mr Bouquet wrote:He'll be known as the manx (He is from Isle of Man not manchester) cyclist if he doesn't win the tour. :hehe:

Bollocks.
Shaved. :biggrin:

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 am

I have to confess to a high meh factor when it comes to cycling in general. Even if Britain does win shit loads of medals at it, I find it a bit dull. Which is odd for me, as I generally like watching most sports. :dono:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:35 am

"I ride a bicycle for a living." Weird.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:36 am

Le tour Seems like a great event to test new performance enhancing drugs and masking chemicals .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 am

Gawdzilla wrote:"I ride a bicycle for a living." Weird.
I dunno. The Japanese Army seemed to do quite well out of it for a while. :whistle:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:39 am

klr wrote:
I dunno. The Japanese Army seemed to do quite well out of it for a while. :whistle:
Only because they launched a surprise attack against a distracted foe. Narrow-track vehicles do work in the jungle, however. Little Brown Brother proved that. (We did get chuckles out of the fact that they had to carry the bikes back north because they "saved" weight by not supplying seats. :hehe: )

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:41 am

Gawdzilla wrote:
klr wrote:
Only because they launched a surprise attack against a distracted foe. Narrow-track vehicles do work in the jungle, however. Little Brown Brother proved that. (We did get chuckles out of the fact that they had to carry the bikes back north because they "saved" weight by not supplying seats. :hehe: )
It would take us lot to derail a sports threads into a discussion on military logistics in a couple of posts. :biggrin:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:46 am

klr wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:
klr wrote:
It would take us lot to derail a sports threads into a discussion on military logistics in a couple of posts. :biggrin:
The French ex-pats I knew used to refer to the Trail as "Le Tour." :hehe:

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Bunch of dopefiends , on bikes ,in France , Not really a sport to inspire is it ?

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Feck wrote:Bunch of dopefiends , on bikes ,in France , Not really a sport to inspire is it ?
Hey, two out of three ain't bad.

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
Feck wrote:Bunch of dopefiends , on bikes ,in France , Not really a sport to inspire is it ?
Hey, two out of three ain't bad.
:nono: only if it's sex and drugs and rocknroll :eddy: (and I've given one of those up at the moment )

cowiz
Shirley

Post by cowiz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:53 pm

What a fucking brilliant Tour de France, and so far no drug scandals.

This tour had absolutely everything!

Good job Alberto and a special congratulations to the Max Missile.