The Mighty Clarets.

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: The Mighty Clarets.

Post by JimC » Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 am

redunderthebed wrote:The mighty clarets indeed i'm a burnley fan too and was following the scores on the internets last night and i also twittered the last day of the championship too. :D

Bring on Reading i cant wait. :mrgreen:
Reading was the home of my ancestors!

We will soundly thrash these upstarts from Burnley!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Mon May 04, 2009 10:40 am

JimC wrote:
redunderthebed wrote:The mighty clarets indeed i'm a burnley fan too and was following the scores on the internets last night and i also twittered the last day of the championship too. :D

Lies so your a royals fan their jim? :lol:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 am

redunderthebed wrote:
JimC wrote:

Dunno their nicknames, but my old man came out from Reading in 1909, so I'm a Reading man through and through! :tup:

(they're probably a shit team, right?) :doh:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Mon May 04, 2009 10:50 am

JimC wrote:
redunderthebed wrote:
JimC wrote:

Dunno their nicknames, but my old man came out from Reading in 1909, so I'm a Reading man through and through! :tup:

(they're probably a shit team, right?) :doh:
Royals is the nickname of Reading FC its derived from the royal county of berkshire. :-)

They aren't shit but thats not the whole point of supporting a team i believe. ;)
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Meekychuppet
Seriously, what happened?

NO NAY NEVER! (Burnley)

Post by Meekychuppet » Mon May 25, 2009 4:30 pm

My town, Burnley, are in the Premier League!

WOOT!!!!!!!!
Rum wrote:Does it occur to you that you have subscribed to the model of maleness you seem to be pushing in order to justify your innately hostile and aggressive nature? I have noticed it often and even wondered if it might be some sort of personality disorder. You should consider this possibility.

Rum wrote:Did I leave out being a twat? (With ref to your sig)
Things Rum has diagnosed me with to date: "personality disorder", autism, Aspergers.
eRvin wrote:People can see what a fucking freak you are. Have you not noticed all the disparaging comments you get?
rum wrote:What a cunt you are. Truly.

lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
About me: I have remarkable elbows.

Re: NO NAY NEVER!

Post by lordpasternack » Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm

:tup:
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Mon May 25, 2009 4:36 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 060970.stm

I keep forgetting today is a bank holiday in Blighty (and in Norn' Irn'). We get one next week. :levi:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Burnley

Post by AshtonBlack » Mon May 25, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm pretty sure most of you won't care, however, Burnley football club have made it to the top flight of english football.

I can't tell you how drunk I am right now.

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

CJ

Re: Burnley

Post by CJ » Mon May 25, 2009 11:17 pm

AshtonBlack wrote:I'm pretty sure most of you won't care, however, Burnley football club have made it to the top flight of english football.

I can't tell you how drunk I am right now.
Not that drunk, you can still type!

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Mon May 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Ahh but, there is a spell checker that I'm using as a crutch right now

Drunk, REALLY drunk.

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

Meekychuppet
Seriously, what happened?

Post by Meekychuppet » Tue May 26, 2009 12:09 am

Drunk enough not to search for an existing thread, started by a certain M Chuppet...
Rum wrote:Does it occur to you that you have subscribed to the model of maleness you seem to be pushing in order to justify your innately hostile and aggressive nature? I have noticed it often and even wondered if it might be some sort of personality disorder. You should consider this possibility.

Rum wrote:Did I leave out being a twat? (With ref to your sig)
Things Rum has diagnosed me with to date: "personality disorder", autism, Aspergers.
eRvin wrote:People can see what a fucking freak you are. Have you not noticed all the disparaging comments you get?
rum wrote:What a cunt you are. Truly.

Vikki

Post by Vikki » Tue May 26, 2009 1:08 am

And next year, they'll be back in the Championship. :drunk:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Re: NO NAY NEVER! (Burnley)

Post by Don't Panic » Tue May 26, 2009 1:12 am

Merged Ashton's thread about Burnley into Meeky's.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Re: NO NAY NEVER! (Burnley)

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Tue May 26, 2009 1:23 am

DP wrote:Merged Ashton's thread about Burnley into Meeky's.
And I merged them both with Ashton's earlier one! I think this site can manage with just the one.

Congratulations though - rather you lot than the blades! :tup:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Tue May 26, 2009 5:37 am

Vikki wrote:And next year, they'll be back in the Championship. :drunk:
Silence tard. :Erasb:

I'm stunned really there was a part of me that just wanted run out in the street and start yelling and singing and there was a part of me going "WTF burnley in the EPL?!.

Fucking happy days we might go straight down but if we put up a good fight in the EPL and don't disgrace ourselves I'll be happy and it will add another chapter in Burnley great history. :-)

Most of all i cant wait to play the bastard Rovers next season bring it onnnnnnn :D