The Mighty Clarets.

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

The Mighty Clarets.

Post by AshtonBlack » Sun May 03, 2009 4:46 pm

After a four nil drubbing of Bristol City in their final match of the season, Owen Coyle's Mighty Burnley have finished 5th in the Championship. Meaning just 3 games to play in the fecking Premiership with the likes of Birmingham and Wolves. ;) . So is anyone as excited as me?

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

Psi Wavefunction
Cекси техническая лаборатория
About me: I kill threads WITH SCIENCE!

I like Crascuits. :coffee:

Re: The Mighty Clarets.

Post by Psi Wavefunction » Sun May 03, 2009 5:23 pm

:what: :english:

War Arrow
Traitorous TAF Fifth Columnist
About me: gettin' ig'nant
Location: parked car outside your house with a dozen pork pies and a crate of brown ale

Post by War Arrow » Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Psi Wavefunction wrote::what: :english:
I think it's something to do with football (trans: soccer). I don't really get it either but I'm going to see if I can join in with the conversation.

I like it when the man scored a goal.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Sun May 03, 2009 5:56 pm

AshtonBlack wrote:After a four nil drubbing of Bristol City in their final match of the season, Owen Coyle's Mighty Burnley have finished 5th in the Championship. Meaning just 3 games to play in the fecking Premiership with the likes of Birmingham and Wolves. ;) . So is anyone as excited as me?
Ah. You mean they reached the play-offs. :hum:

I'm not sure what the average Premiership tenure of a newly promoted team is these days, but I think it's not very long. Good look to the Turf Moor mob, and extra helpings of same if they reach the Promised Land - they'll need it.

They should have beaten Spurs in the League Cup semi-final BTW, but that's another story. :levi:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

War Arrow
Location: parked car outside your house with a dozen pork pies and a crate of brown ale

Post by War Arrow » Sun May 03, 2009 6:22 pm

It was bad when the goalie didn't save that goal and the football went in the back of the net. I was sick as a parrot.

Psi Wavefunction
Cекси техническая лаборатория
About me: I kill threads WITH SCIENCE!

I like Crascuits. :coffee:

Post by Psi Wavefunction » Sun May 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Cousin Justine wrote:It was bad when the goalie didn't save that goal and the football went in the back of the net. I was sick as a parrot.
:whisper: Somehow, I don't think your plan is working very well.... :shifty:

klr

Post by klr » Sun May 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Cousin Justine wrote:It was bad when the goalie didn't save that goal and the football went in the back of the net. I was sick as a parrot.
No! No! No! :mod: Every traditional football cliché must end with "Brian", as in:

"I was sick as a parrot Brian"

"We was over the moon Brian"

"it was a game of two halves Brian"

... etc.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

War Arrow

Post by War Arrow » Sun May 03, 2009 6:37 pm

klr wrote:
No! No! No! :mod: Every traditional football cliché must end with "Brian", as in:

... etc.
Shit! I'm in too deep and I don't know if I can get out now! :cry:

klr

Post by klr » Sun May 03, 2009 6:44 pm

Cousin Justine wrote:
klr wrote:

... etc.
Shit! I'm in too deep and I don't know if I can get out now! :cry:
I fear you are not schooled in the finer points of Emlynese, or Ronglish. Never mind the ravings of Barmy Bobby (Robson). Or Kevin Keegan:

"... There’ll be no siestas in Madrid tonight"

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun May 03, 2009 7:00 pm

I'm just glad that Forest dodged the drop with a game to spare. We can start building for the future now.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

War Arrow

Post by War Arrow » Sun May 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:I'm just glad that Forest dodged the drop with a game to spare. We can start building for the future now.
I'm glad about that too. :-)

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun May 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Cousin Justine wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:I'm just glad that Forest dodged the drop with a game to spare. We can start building for the future now.
I'm glad about that too. :-)
yeah right... :whistle:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Meekychuppet
Seriously, what happened?

Post by Meekychuppet » Sun May 03, 2009 7:36 pm

AshtonBlack wrote:After a four nil drubbing of Bristol City in their final match of the season, Owen Coyle's Mighty Burnley have finished 5th in the Championship. Meaning just 3 games to play in the fecking Premiership with the likes of Birmingham and Wolves. ;) . So is anyone as excited as me?
I could hear it 3 miles away!
Rum wrote:Does it occur to you that you have subscribed to the model of maleness you seem to be pushing in order to justify your innately hostile and aggressive nature? I have noticed it often and even wondered if it might be some sort of personality disorder. You should consider this possibility.

Rum wrote:Did I leave out being a twat? (With ref to your sig)
Things Rum has diagnosed me with to date: "personality disorder", autism, Aspergers.
eRvin wrote:People can see what a fucking freak you are. Have you not noticed all the disparaging comments you get?
rum wrote:What a cunt you are. Truly.

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Sun May 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Aye it's been a tough old season. That match was our 58th this season, with a run in both cups and the smallest squad in the championship, the boys are looking tired!.

Anyway to translate:

My home town team, which is very small 55k ish population has the chance to be promoted into the biggest soccer league in the world, with the likes of Manchester Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. Now, it's only a small chance and even if we did the gap between The Championship and Premier League is huge so we wouldn't have much chance of staying long. But, it's very lucrative and perhaps we could get a proper sponsor instead of a pie maker.

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Mon May 04, 2009 7:53 am

The mighty clarets indeed i'm a burnley fan too and was following the scores on the internets last night and i also twittered the last day of the championship too. :D

Bring on Reading i cant wait. :mrgreen:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...