That There World Cup of Winning Football.

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: That There World Cup of Winning Football.

Post by Hermit » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Colombia versus Uruguay. That's the kind of game I really enjoy. *Checks* Yes, happening now, not last week. The goal by James Rodriguez was absolutely smoking. Sensational plus.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Hermit wrote:Colombia versus Uruguay. That's the kind of game I really enjoy. *Checks* Yes, happening now, not last week. The goal by James Rodriguez was absolutely smoking. Sensational plus.
Sensational squared ... but was it better than Tim Cahill's goal against the Netherlands? Let the arguments commence, :tea:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

klr

Post by klr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Another goal for James. A great team goal this time.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Yes, that was excellent teamwork.

And I'm more into enjoying this game than arguing which goal was the best. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

klr

Post by klr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:56 pm

So was I, which is why I didn't come back to thread until now. :hehe:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Aheee. There's an old TV card in my desktop. It's been transplanted twice now. I can watch and post simultaneously. :)

klr

Post by klr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Hermit wrote:Aheee. There's an old TV card in my desktop. It's been transplanted twice now. I can watch and post simultaneously. :)
I used to have that arrangement as well, but I got tired of having to boot up my PC to watch TV. So I got a proper TV, which also acts as a secondary monitor for my desktop - they are right beside each other. So I can still watch and post at the same time. :dance:

I can also stream some TV content onto my PC, although I have to keep a close on how much I use. Wimbledon coverage in particular seems designed for those with "unlimited" broadband contracts.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:48 am

Hermit wrote:Colombia versus Uruguay. That's the kind of game I really enjoy. *Checks* Yes, happening now, not last week. The goal by James Rodriguez was absolutely smoking. Sensational plus.
Uruguay were robbed! If Saurez hadn't accidentally stumbled and been viciously shouldered in the teeth by that thuggish Eyetie, and then been crucified by the racist press and their FIFA running-dogs, he would have scored a dozen!*

(* At least, that's what he says. :tea: )
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:32 pm

In Costa Rica v greece

Oscar Durante is sent off for a foul on Jose Holebas, but just looking at the names, which one is the greek?

Babel

Post by Babel » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:10 am

Isn't it Cholevas (that one is the greek) and the other would have been Oscar Duarte? (I didn't see this particular match though, so I could be mistaken)

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:15 am

It's all fuckin' greek to me...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

klr

Post by klr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Germany 2-1 Algeria - all the goals in extra time. The best game of the finals so far, IMHO. Algeria needed to take their chances early on when they hand the Germans on the rack, but didn't.

France v. Germany next round ...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:50 pm

klr wrote:Germany 2-1 Algeria - all the goals in extra time. The best game of the finals so far, IMHO. Algeria needed to take their chances early on when they hand the Germans on the rack, but didn't.

France v. Germany next round ...
Blitzkrieg!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:10 pm

klr wrote:Germany 2-1 Algeria - all the goals in extra time. The best game of the finals so far, IMHO. Algeria needed to take their chances early on when they hand the Germans on the rack, but didn't.
Lots of people on line saying that but I thought it was crap, germans poor all round, algeria defending with 6 in a line!

mildly entertaining to see the germans so poor, france will take heed, look to get behind them.

klr

Post by klr » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Belgium 2-1 USA - all the goals in extra time again. Possibly even better than Germany v. Algeria, especially the extra time. Tim Howard was brilliant in goal for the USA.