Re: Bullshit is useful

Post by Seabass » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 am

laklak wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:10 am
Seabass wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:02 am
laklak wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:54 pm
Some fucking idiot ODs on a prescription medication that's hardly even available in the U.S. and it's Trumpy's fault.

All right then.
Really? If Hillary were out there telling people to drink bleach to cure or prevent coronavirus, would you give her a pass?
Yes. Stupid is as stupid does, and we're going to lose a LOT of stupid people (and, unfortunately, some not so stupid ones) before this is over.
Yes, people are going to die, but MORE people will die if our political leaders are flooding the airwaves with false information. If you're ok with that, that's your prerogative, but let's not pretend that the president's words do not have influence over a lot of people.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 am

What about a forum poster under a pseudonym?
Wash your hand.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 am

laklak wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:54 pm
Some fucking idiot ODs on a prescription medication that's hardly even available in the U.S. and it's Trumpy's fault.

All right then.
That's blaming the mark instead of the con artist. The law doesn't even do that.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:22 am

It looks like Trump is now saying the economy must be kept running. Saying, "We must not let the cure become worse than the sickness itself".

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6929332714

This is gaining traction among Fox News and his idiot supporters who are all willing to throw the old and vulnerable under the bus for the sake of the 'economy'.

So yeah. Anything that happens as a result of this approach is directly attributed to Trump.

End. Of. Story.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 am

It's Time For Networks to Stop Televising Trump's Daily Briefings

They are only vehicles for dangerous disinformation and for the president*’s re-election campaign.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... A68jj02am4

Stop feeding the troll.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:35 am

Saying Trump carries no blame for what his supporters do is like saying Jim Jones shares no responsibility for his cultists drinking the Kool-Aid.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:52 am

Maybe it's time for our whole species to drink the Kool-Aid.

The intelligent cockroaches who evolve might do a better job...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Animavore wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:35 am
Saying Trump carries no blame for what his supporters do is like saying Jim Jones shares no responsibility for his cultists drinking the Kool-Aid.
This is a poor analogy. You're focusing on Trump at the exclusion of all other complicating factors. You're also placing him too close to the day-to-day business of dealing with this virus. This may be a problem for Europeans who seem to struggle to understand the gulf between our feds and the states, much less the feds and our communities.

Trump will play a part in this mess. My bet is that you've greatly exaggerated that role. I've seen talk to indicate that others are coming around to this view now too. Experts talking about Italy have noted the lack of preparation all nations will face for example, and the human tendency to be slow to respond to this kind of risk.

--//--

On bullshitting though, seriously, Ratz has nothing to say about bullshitting? Our posts are put online with the phrase: "the bollocks you've typed has been successfully posted" -- :biggrin:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:21 pm

I got the same empty response to a few topics. In recent memory, a 'Chinese Propaganda' thread.

Their propaganda includes efforts to claim a new territory by printing it onto maps - the world over. Check YOUR map for this, if you want to be in the habit of seeing the bullshit.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm
Animavore wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:35 am
This is a poor analogy. You're focusing on Trump at the exclusion of all other complicating factors. You're also placing him too close to the day-to-day business of dealing with this virus. This may be a problem for Europeans who seem to struggle to understand the gulf between our feds and the states, much less the feds and our communities.

Trump will play a part in this mess. My bet is that you've greatly exaggerated that role. I've seen talk to indicate that others are coming around to this view now too. Experts talking about Italy have noted the lack of preparation all nations will face for example, and the human tendency to be slow to respond to this kind of risk.

--//--

On bullshitting though, seriously, Ratz has nothing to say about bullshitting? Our posts are put online with the phrase: "the bollocks you've typed has been successfully posted" -- :biggrin:
Bullshit.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:48 pm

:lol:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Bovine excrement is excellent garden fertiliser. :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Is there really anything we can add to Harry Frankfort's seminal treatise on the topic?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:38 pm

I started it, but the tone is bullshit.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: