Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Bullshit is useful

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 am

Seabass wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:12 am
That's a good breakdown of what look like questionable decisions.
Say what? Isn't it more or less what I've been saying?
Sure, while also refusing to engage with even the possibility you're overemphasizing Trump/Republicans role in this crisis. That's not really a big deal. It looks like a job to me though. You're obviously passionate about removing Republicans from power. I don't disagree with that. But I'm also interested in poking around to see if there's more.

--maybe Trump/Republicans is all there is too it, or they are the most significant factor, but again, I doubt it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:17 am

The media absolutely 'bullshit's' around Trump, most vilifying him, some lionizing him.

All selling Tide pods to young people with their bullshit.

So it's kinda useful, I guess.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:34 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:17 am
The media absolutely 'bullshit's' around Trump...
The media is full of bullshit that Trump creates, and he's been trowelling it on more than ever lately.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:58 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 am
Seabass wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:
Sure, while also refusing to engage with even the possibility you're overemphasizing Trump/Republicans role in this crisis. That's not really a big deal. It looks like a job to me though. You're obviously passionate about removing Republicans from power. I don't disagree with that. But I'm also interested in poking around to see if there's more.

--maybe Trump/Republicans is all there is too it, or they are the most significant factor, but again, I doubt it.
I spent my thirties trying to convince myself that Republicans aren't that bad. They're just old fashioned, I told myself. I convinced myself that the harm they cause isn't intentional, but rather a side effect of anachronistic views. They don't mean to hurt anyone, they're just misguided, right?

Then they elected Trump. This is a man who spent 8 years calling our first black president a non-citizen. This is a man who called Mexicans murderers and rapists. He called global warming a Chinese hoax. He said he would ban all Muslims. He mocked disabled people. He encouraged his supporters to physically attack protesters. On, and on, and on. Point is, he's despicable and they LOVE him. They love him not in spite of his ugliness, but BECAUSE of it. He's more popular than Reagan. He still has 90% support with Republicans. Even after three years of this madness. Even after the ethnic cleansing policies. Even after child separation. Even after Stephen Miller was outed as a nazi. Even after the Mueller report. Even after we found he'd violated campaign finance laws. Even after he tried to extort Ukraine into rigging our elections. Even after Charlottesville. Even after he went back to calling the press the enemy of the people not 24 hours after that shooting massacre at the newspaper in Maryland. Even after he said windmills cause cancer. Even after he spent two months trying to gaslight a global pandemic out of existence.

Electing leaders who are malevolent and sadistic has consequences. Electing leaders who do not accept science has consequences. We're seeing those consequences unfold right before our eyes. And all this is just a sideshow compared to what's coming when the oceans start gobbling up our major cities.

So yeah, you're right. I'm probably not going to entertain the possibility that I'm too harsh on Republicans because I've already wasted too much time and energy trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 am

I understand. I don't think you're being too harsh on Republicans. I just think you're wrong about causes here. You're convinced they're obvious, I'm not. That's not an endorsement of Republican policy or decisions made.

I apologize for calling your view crazy, there was never really a need to bring emotions into this. It's just one of the many hazards of extended bullshitting I guess. :cheers:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 am

One day, Seabass, you'll stop pussyfooting around Trump and tell us what you really feel... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:30 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 am
I understand. I don't think you're being too harsh on Republicans. I just think you're wrong about causes here. You're convinced they're obvious, I'm not. That's not an endorsement of Republican policy or decisions made.

I apologize for calling your view crazy, there was never really a need to bring emotions into this. It's just one of the many hazards of extended bullshitting I guess. :cheers:
No need to apologize, dude. We're on an atheist forum. If anything, you're being too polite. :td:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:38 am

Seabass wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:58 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 am
Seabass wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:

I spent my thirties trying to convince myself that Republicans aren't that bad. They're just old fashioned, I told myself. I convinced myself that the harm they cause isn't intentional, but rather a side effect of anachronistic views. They don't mean to hurt anyone, they're just misguided, right?

Then they elected Trump. This is a man who spent 8 years calling our first black president a non-citizen. This is a man who called Mexicans murderers and rapists. He called global warming a Chinese hoax. He said he would ban all Muslims. He mocked disabled people. He encouraged his supporters to physically attack protesters. On, and on, and on. Point is, he's despicable and they LOVE him. They love him not in spite of his ugliness, but BECAUSE of it. He's more popular than Reagan. He still has 90% support with Republicans. Even after three years of this madness. Even after the ethnic cleansing policies. Even after child separation. Even after Stephen Miller was outed as a nazi. Even after the Mueller report. Even after we found he'd violated campaign finance laws. Even after he tried to extort Ukraine into rigging our elections. Even after Charlottesville. Even after he went back to calling the press the enemy of the people not 24 hours after that shooting massacre at the newspaper in Maryland. Even after he said windmills cause cancer. Even after he spent two months trying to gaslight a global pandemic out of existence.

Electing leaders who are malevolent and sadistic has consequences. Electing leaders who do not accept science has consequences. We're seeing those consequences unfold right before our eyes. And all this is just a sideshow compared to what's coming when the oceans start gobbling up our major cities.

So yeah, you're right. I'm probably not going to entertain the possibility that I'm too harsh on Republicans because I've already wasted too much time and energy trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Conservatism is a mental illness, as far as I'm concerned. They should all submit to treatment. Retarded cunts.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:39 am

Seabass wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:30 am
Sean Hayden wrote:

No need to apologize, dude. We're on an atheist forum. If anything, you're being too polite. :td:
NO, I fucking apologise!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:36 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:39 am
Seabass wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:

NO, I fucking apologise!
That's the spirit! :irate:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:

I don't believe most of your accusations (in the previous post) against Trump.

No doubt you do, but think about how that affects both our views on republicans, media and bullshit. :)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 pm

The greatest of all positive achievements is about to come up, and considering the size of Trump's previous ones it'll be absolutely huuuuge.

The Endsieg is in sight. :cheer:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:17 pm

"Eindslag" (final battle).
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Hermit wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 pm
The greatest of all positive achievements is about to come up, and considering the size of Trump's previous ones it'll be absolutely huuuuge.

The Endsieg is in sight. :cheer:
It aint Trumps, but those hospital ships are a pretty damned impressive achievement. Had me impressed with humanity again.

No bullshit. Those mobile hospitals put 'M.A.S.H.' (my favourite show as a kid) to SHAME.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:20 am

A little more context about the testing fiasco has come out. It raises more questions than it answers.
When asked why the United States didn't import coronavirus tests when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ran into difficulty developing its own, government officials have frequently questioned the quality of the foreign-made alternatives.

But NPR has learned that the key study they point to was retracted just days after it was published online in early March.
So, whose word did our expert take about a study she obviously never read?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... cted-study