Yet more problematic stuff

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:41 pm

-- And who is it who is actually telling Alt-Righties that Capitalism's failure is the fault of Muslim, Jewish, or immigrant minorities, safe spaces in Marxist univercities where snowflake students are made to fill in colouring books, pink-haired SJWs, lesbians playing video games, or the Lefties who haven't been in power this century eh?

:whisper: Psst - it's Capitalism.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Someone ought to punch that capitalism character right in the face.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:56 pm

I do think though that the notion that the world economy is controlled by a Jewish cabal is persistent and even not quite rabid far righter give the idea at least some credence, it is a very strange phenomenon.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:27 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:03 am
Cunt wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:42 pm
The Alt-Right #OUTRAGE machine is invested in not noticing that the Covington kids story wasn't the kind of Alt-Right #OUTRAGE generator it was hyped as.

Just one more reason not to take the Alt-Right as seriously as they take themselves.
I have my browser set to autocorrect 'alt-right' to 'boogeyman'.
I don't know why. 'Alt-Right' is the catchy PR term which Richard B. Spenser adopted and actively promoted off the back of his 'Alternative Right' Website. It was subsequently taken up by other web-based far-Right media such as the /pol/ board on 4chan, The Daily Stormer, Occidental Dissent, and Breitbart to represent a distinct brand of right-wing political thought and activism. It's not a pejorative term but a descriptive one owned and promoted by the Alt-Right itself, and as such acts as the banner under which a number of far-Right, white-nationalist, white-supremecist, anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant, and neo-Nazi groups gather.

When I use the term 'Alt-Right' I'm talking about people and groups who identify as Alt-Right. If you think the political philosophy and activism of the Alt-Right is misunderstood or somehow being misrepresented as a 'boogeyman' then you could always try arguing the point. But I guess it's easier to ignore those types of issues and just set your browser to shield you from that kind of obligation. :tea:
We've explained this to him, I'd reckon, around ten times previously. He's just impervious to facts and reality.
the only name attached to 'alt-right' regularly is Richard Spencer. Don't know his stuff much. I must have looked it up at some point, but it probably was very forgettable.

That dude can't be all of it, but you guys don't do specifics with those you disagree with.

Just label and dismiss.

When you can't explain both sides of a given disagreement, you really show your ignorance. It's like a parade of it.

Is there a right you DO respect? The republicans are running the most welcoming country in HISTORY, and the US takes ALL races in. Can you admit it? Or will Trumphate make you insist on the opposite being true, without bending your knee to facts?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:42 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 pm
the only name attached to 'alt-right' regularly is Richard Spencer. Don't know his stuff much. I must have looked it up at some point, but it probably was very forgettable.

That dude can't be all of it, but you guys don't do specifics with those you disagree with.

Just label and dismiss.

When you can't explain both sides of a given disagreement, you really show your ignorance. It's like a parade of it.

Is there a right you DO respect? The republicans are running the most welcoming country in HISTORY, and the US takes ALL races in. Can you admit it? Or will Trumphate make you insist on the opposite being true, without bending your knee to facts?
It seems then that you not personally knowing the names of many Alt-Right activists means the Alt-Right isn't a thing and so anybody who does use the term is being unreasonable, irrational, ignorant, disingenuous, not treating people with basic human decency, or just hysterically creating a bogeyman - but only when they cast the Alt-Right in a bad light.

:coffee:
unite_the_right_poster.jpg
unite_the_right_poster.jpg (67.84 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 am

FFS, we have discussed "Who is the alt-right?" less than five months ago, and that was not the first time our member from Yellowknife brought the topic up. :roll:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:31 am

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:03 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:42 am
It seems then that you not personally knowing the names of many Alt-Right activists means the Alt-Right isn't a thing and so anybody who does use the term is being unreasonable, irrational, ignorant, disingenuous, not treating people with basic human decency, or just hysterically creating a bogeyman - but only when they cast the Alt-Right in a bad light.

Nah, just trying to get a feel for how big a problem it is, scale-wise.

It sounds like a rare few cranks, unless you count Trump and the Republican supporters as 'alt-right'...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:11 am

I suppose the brown shirts in Germany in the 30s were only "a rare few cranks"...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:32 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:03 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:42 am

Nah, just trying to get a feel for how big a problem it is, scale-wise.

It sounds like a rare few cranks, unless you count Trump and the Republican supporters as 'alt-right'...
Why does criticism of the political philosophy and activism of the Alt-Right now have to be offset by its numbers? How big does the problem need to be to be a proper 'big problem' - what's the 'big problem' critical mass threshold? Are little problems not important even if they involve running the darkies out of town? 300+ politically motivated right-wing murders since 2001 not a big enough problem for you, just a few rare cranks eh? "Jews will not replace us" not a big enough problem for you? White-ethnostate not a big enough problem for you? Next you'll be telling us there's good people on both sides. :tea:

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:01 am

Yebbut overweight purple-haired lesbians in horn-rimmed glasses!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:30 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:11 am
I suppose the brown shirts in Germany in the 30s were only "a rare few cranks"...
I don't know, but I think they were the majority, who controlled most media, movies and banned books and speakers.

Hmmm...does that look like the ruling class of the US now?
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:32 am
Next you'll be telling us there's good people on both sides. :tea:
Are you doing a pop-culture reference here? Bringing a Trump phrase in because you know it's exciting to talk about orange man bad? :tea:
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:57 am

Rum wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:56 pm
I do think though that the notion that the world economy is controlled by a Jewish cabal is persistent and even not quite rabid far righter give the idea at least some credence, it is a very strange phenomenon.
Jewish cabal? I thought it was the Zurich Gnomes?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:01 am
Yebbut overweight purple-haired lesbians in horn-rimmed glasses!
Just my kind of lady, too bad they won't even give me the time of day.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:01 am

Another one in Ohio added to the list just now.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.