Yet more problematic stuff

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Cunt, you were recently suspended for trolling, particularly in deliberately and maliciously mis-representing other posters. You have continued in the same vein in many posts. Here is a representative sample:

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 8#p1821958

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 9#p1821549

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 4#p1821124

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 0#p1821130

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1821287

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 2#p1821402

When you add that to your clear contempt for forum processes, in the constant references to suspending others, you leave Brian and I no choice but to suspend you for 2 weeks.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 pm

:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:28 am

He's a sucker for punishment. :lou:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:46 am

Twot.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 am

It could not happen to a nicer person.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:45 pm

In Cunt's defense.... :think:.... I got nothing.

I will enjoy a break from his tiresome blatherskite.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:28 pm

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:28 pm

This is how journalists get shot.

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 pm

nothing like a good crusade, eliminate all the muslime scum... and while were at it, give Yerushalayim back to the Christians who are it's natural and legitimate owners, down with Israel, God chased them off and has not rescinded the order.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:00 am

Animavore wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:28 pm
This is how journalists get shot.

Talia Lavin could teach Laura Ingraham a lot about journalism
Ordinarily, it would not be considered newsworthy that a private university hired a journalist with extensive experience covering the far-right to teach an undergraduate journalism course based on her expertise. But because said journalist is right-wing outrage target Talia Lavin, Fox News aired multiple segments about New York University hiring Lavin (who formerly worked at Media Matters). In one segment, Fox host Laura Ingraham even referred to Lavin as a “journo-terrorist.”

Lavin is no stranger to right-wing outrage. About a year ago, she made a mistake while working as a fact-checker for The New Yorker, misidentifying the tattoo on an Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer and veteran as white supremacist imagery when in fact it was a symbol from his platoon while deployed in Afghanistan. Lavin corrected the error within minutes, apologized, and deleted the tweet she had written about it “so as not to spread misinformation.” Despite the quick correction and apology, ICE’s official Twitter account posted a clarification about the tattoo in question and a press statement that called out Lavin by name. After that, the entire right-wing media ecosystem followed suit.

They found Lavin an irresistible target for far-right audiences: a Jewish, progressive female journalist who had publicly made a mistake. She resigned from her job after making the error, but that didn’t stop right-wing media from giving the events wall-to-wall coverage. What ensued was anti-Semitic and misogynistic harassment targeting Lavin online for weeks, with her pictures posted to anonymous message boards and her Twitter mentions flooded with violent threats and insults. Nazi sympathizer Milo Yiannopoulos even bragged about harassing her with a coded neo-Nazi symbol.

All of which explains why right-wing media jumped at a new opportunity to feed the many anti-Semitic, misogynistic trolls in their audience, using Lavin’s upcoming teaching position at New York University’s journalism school. Fox News aired multiple segments with the news of Lavin’s hiring, with Ingraham focusing on it during prime time. The hypocrisy of Ingraham’s outrage over Lavin was underscored by an earlier segment in which Ingraham painted conservatives as martyrs of liberal attacks against free speech on college campuses....
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

trdsf
About me: High functioning sociopath. With your number.

Post by trdsf » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:17 am

Joe wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:45 pm
In Cunt's defense.... :think:.... I got nothing.

I will enjoy a break from his tiresome blatherskite.
Oh, I twitfiltered him ages ago. And the average intelligence of the board immediately doubled.
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:02 am

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:59 pm
How tolerant are you of devout Christian literalists who donate money to anti-LGBT groups and oppose same-sex marriage? Would you say super-tolerant?
As long as they are cooked properly, I tolerate them reasonably well, thank you.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 am

Svartalf wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:44 pm
rainbow wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:43 am
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 pm

I am not conservative or right wing - I'm classical liberal and tend to the libertarian - and I am liberal on most issues.
Drivel. Liberal implies a tolerance of other views and creeds. That includes Islam.

It is really a twatty thing to do to contradict oneself.
Camille Desmoulins, a famous revolutionary, once said "there must be no freedom for the foes of freedom". Islam, especially in its modern, totalitarian forms, will not grant others the tolerance that liberal thinkers normally grant those of diverging opinions, ergo, it must be expunged rather than tolerated.
I've enjoyed a number of meals with Muslim friends where I've enjoyed a glass of good red wine. So far I've not been beheaded for doing so.
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:11 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:29 pm
rainbow wrote:
Drivel. Liberal implies a tolerance of other views and creeds.
Do liberals (in your understanding) tolerate all views? Even illiberal ones?
If they are truly liberal, then they will tolerate views, but not actions that will restrict the liberties of others.

...something that the Weimar Republic discovered was better in theory than in practice.
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:01 am

rainbow wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 am
Svartalf wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:44 pm
rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 pm

I am not conservative or right wing - I'm classical liberal and tend to the libertarian - and I am liberal on most issues.
Drivel. Liberal implies a tolerance of other views and creeds. That includes Islam.

It is really a twatty thing to do to contradict oneself.
Camille Desmoulins, a famous revolutionary, once said "there must be no freedom for the foes of freedom". Islam, especially in its modern, totalitarian forms, will not grant others the tolerance that liberal thinkers normally grant those of diverging opinions, ergo, it must be expunged rather than tolerated.
I've enjoyed a number of meals with Muslim friends where I've enjoyed a glass of good red wine. So far I've not been beheaded for doing so.
maybe muslims are less fanatical where they are not a minority? because in the West, where their cuntcuLture is not an integral part of the local history, they are a lot more severe on sharia and its application, and demanding it be included in the Law of the Land... me, I'd cast the whole lot back to the other side of the Mediterranean, and check every one's situation case by case if they try to come back.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping