Yet more problematic stuff

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 am

Follow-up on a previous post, and article. FAKE NEWS, of course. Many people are saying that it's antifa that should be designated as a domestic terrorism organisation.

'Militant Neo-Nazi Group Actively Recruiting Ahead of Alleged Training Camp'
A neo-Nazi group focused on providing paramilitary-style training to far-right extremists has been conducting a massive recruitment drive and claims to have already conducted live-fire training with its members.

The Base, which is connected to extreme-right groups the Atomwaffen Division and the Feuerkrieg Division, has been promoting its growth on social media with photos announcing its presence in major cities across North America, including New York, Los Angeles, and Seattle, and in Europe, South Africa, and Australia. The images often include a small contingent (typically one to three) of masked, camo-clad men holding weapons standing in front of The Base's flag, a black flag with three white lines running down the centre.

For Joshua Fisher-Birch, a research analyst at the Counter Extremism Project, a U.S.-based terrorism watchdog, The Base presents a "significant threat" because it is attempting to build a network with "individuals in different groups, or those with slight ideological differences." According to Fisher-Birch, the group has "combined online recruitment efforts with real-world efforts" including supporiting "lone-actor violence" and "shared terrorist tactics."

"The Base is particularly dangerous because of [its] focus on developing and sharing skills useful for terrorism and guerilla warfare, such as ambushes, weapons training, and making explosives," Fisher-Birch said. "This is a radical group that not only wants violence, but is preparing for it."

The Base was founded by Spear in early 2018. Before this, Spear was a follower of the teachings of Harold Covington and the Northwest Front, a neo-Nazi group that wants to create an Aryan ethnostate in the Pacific Northwest. Spear appeared on several white nationalist podcasts and YouTube livestreams in which he preached theoretical violence as a means to an end and complained about the lack of a cohesive white supremacist movement.

The Base is seemingly his attempt to solve these issues. The group counter-intuitively states it does not endorse violence, regardless of its members' frequent postings relating to taking down the current "degenerate system," and rejects charges that The Base resembles a terrorist organization. Interestingly, "The Base" is the English translation of "Al-Qaeda," the jihadist terror group responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:03 pm

The fetishisation of the Nazis, their penchant for uniforms, and their propensity to violence of course, gives young and disaffected men the impression of control, of being in control of their own lives and of exerting control over others. It places them at the centre of their own personalised hero narrative. These are inauthentic off-the-shelf identities: identities which are comodified, bought and consumed like ice cream - but they serve their suppose.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:42 pm

It's only a matter of time before a group of them who have trained for it up the mass murder game significantly.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Unfortunately I fear you might be right. Imagine five young lads who feel they have nothing to live for but the exhortations of their fascistic peer group deciding to go on a spree. Horrifying. but if that were to happen one thing's for sure - the Democrats would blame the Republicans and the Republicans would blame the Democrats.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:42 pm
It's only a matter of time before a group of them who have trained for it up the mass murder game significantly.
The occasional mass shooting, or even a series of them, pales in significance compared to the day members of the alt-right unite and get organised. Then mass shootings won't even be necessary for them to achieve their aim. Systematic bullying will suffice to get their own kind in official positions of influence. Police chiefs, editors and so on. Then the people will finish up voting the rest into power. I don't need to prompt you for a precedent of that happening, do I?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:19 pm

The big problem with the Alt-Right is they think Fight Club is a documentary. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:19 pm
The big problem with the Alt-Right is they think Fight Club is a documentary. :tea:
This will be irrelevant once they are united and organised.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Racism... very unpopular in America...

Ohio white nationalist arrested for threatening Jewish community center
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-rear ... oungstown/

I kinda miss 42's madness. It was infuriating yet entertaining... :sigh:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:35 pm

I don't miss it. He's basically a mouthpiece for Bullshit Mountain--if one wants to subject oneself to those talking points, might as well go direct to the bovine fundament.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:14 am

That's too much. I don't want high blood pressure... just a little entertainment... :dq:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:06 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:35 pm
I don't miss it. He's basically a mouthpiece for Bullshit Mountain--if one wants to subject oneself to those talking points, might as well go direct to the bovine fundament.
Yeah, I started not missing his rhetoric almost immediately. :{D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:10 am

His absence has forced me to pick fights with Brian, rEv and Hermit from time to time. Not really much of a contest, but it fills in the time... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:16 am

No, YOU'RE wrong!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:22 am

See what I mean? :smoke:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:53 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:35 pm
Faulty Too's bullshit can be infuriating at times, but it is preferable to the garbage our member from Yellowknife keeps dishing up with nary an interruption.