pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:43 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:20 am
Exactly. If you got around in black face, kkk or nazi gear you aren't suited for politics. It's pretty easy not to get around in balckface, kkk or nazi gear. Just don't be a racist fuckwit.
Bullshit. What kind of guy tries to size up another man based on a photo from his youth when he acted like an idiot? Was he in the klan? Does he have a history of discriminating against blacks? What do you even know about the guy?
A person that can't see how offensive dressing up like a racist is has no business governing for all. I know you elect some truly atrocious politicians in the US, but ffs, have some standards.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:58 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:43 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Exactly. If you got around in black face, kkk or nazi gear you aren't suited for politics. It's pretty easy not to get around in balckface, kkk or nazi gear. Just don't be a racist fuckwit.
Bullshit. What kind of guy tries to size up another man based on a photo from his youth when he acted like an idiot? Was he in the klan? Does he have a history of discriminating against blacks? What do you even know about the guy?
A person that can't see how offensive dressing up like a racist is has no business governing for all. I know you elect some truly atrocious politicians in the US, but ffs, have some standards.
All this vituperative bile for a photo taken 34 years ago? I'd put it down as a folly of a young, immature man.

It's not as though Northam has displayed any tendency toward racism in his entire political career. In fact, relative to the US's lay of the land in general and even more so in relation to the state of Virginia, his political positions are thoroughly progressive.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:06 am

I guess I just don't get the mindset of someone wanting to dress up like that. It seems thoroughly racist and juvenile. I did some stupid things in my time, but never once wanted to dress up as a racist.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:42 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:43 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Look guys, you're forgetting the most important thing. It wasn't him in the photo. Even though he 'fessed up to it at first, after talking to his family and some old school friends he realised it couldn't be proved that it was him... cough... I mean, he realised it was probably somebody else.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Right wing extremists were responsible for almost all of the ideologically motivated murders in the US in 2018. No different from usual, really.

'Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2018'
In 2018, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S., a sharp increase from the 37 extremist-related murders documented in 2017, though still lower than the totals for 2015 (70) and 2016 (72). The 50 deaths make 2018 the fourth-deadliest year on record for domestic extremist-related killings since 1970.

The extremist-related murders in 2018 were overwhelmingly linked to right-wing extremists. Every one of the perpetrators had ties to at least one right-wing extremist movement, although one had recently switched to supporting Islamist extremism. White supremacists were responsible for the great majority of the killings, which is typically the case.
Now for the cavilling about 'biased, unreliable source,' disingenuous questioning of the link between right wingers and what ADL describes as the 'misogynistic incel/manosphere movement,' etc. Over to you, OP.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:38 pm

‘I’m Going to Die Here,’ She Told the Guards. They Didn’t Listen.
GOSHEN, Ind. — “Offender Dockery stated to me around 0800 at the front counter that she was having stomach pains for 2 days and wanted to go to the hospital,” read the first entry in a corrections officer’s log.

It was the first of what became multiple pleas for help by a newly arrived inmate, Lamekia Dockery.
The response? “I advised her to stop over-talking me.”

For the six days she was incarcerated at the Elkhart Community Corrections work-release facility last July, Ms. Dockery, vomiting and unable to eat, asked for medical attention, to no avail.“She sprawled out on the floor stating she couldn’t breathe,” reads an entry at 12:10 p.m. the next day. “She seemed to be talking just fine.”

She was dying.

Ms. Dockery’s death at age 36 underscores the dangers of the nation’s jails, where inmates are either doing time for the least serious crimes or have not been convicted of the charges against them. Jails often have fewer resources than prisons and, like the work-release center here in Goshen, lack medical staff. Illness and injury can go untreated and every week, it seems, brings a new report of an unsafe jail or a death that was likely preventable.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/30/us/l ... rison.html

This reminded me of a time when I refused to give another inmate a sandwich. He was a big bastid, the tank was super crowded, and I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression. "Nope, I might want it later" I said. --I didn't want it later, I just couldn't give this guy my sandwich like that-- Well it turns out he was just scared. He had swallowed all the dope he had on him, probably crack, before being arrested and I guess he thought he should put something on top of it. That sounds reasonable. I know this because while we were being moved around from tank to tank I saw him being treated by the medical staff and they were talking about it. They had the same attitude, hard as hell. It's the environment. I hope he made it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:24 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:38 pm
‘I’m Going to Die Here,’ She Told the Guards. They Didn’t Listen.
GOSHEN, Ind. — “Offender Dockery stated to me around 0800 at the front counter that she was having stomach pains for 2 days and wanted to go to the hospital,” read the first entry in a corrections officer’s log.

It was the first of what became multiple pleas for help by a newly arrived inmate, Lamekia Dockery.
The response? “I advised her to stop over-talking me.”

For the six days she was incarcerated at the Elkhart Community Corrections work-release facility last July, Ms. Dockery, vomiting and unable to eat, asked for medical attention, to no avail.“She sprawled out on the floor stating she couldn’t breathe,” reads an entry at 12:10 p.m. the next day. “She seemed to be talking just fine.”

She was dying.

Ms. Dockery’s death at age 36 underscores the dangers of the nation’s jails, where inmates are either doing time for the least serious crimes or have not been convicted of the charges against them. Jails often have fewer resources than prisons and, like the work-release center here in Goshen, lack medical staff. Illness and injury can go untreated and every week, it seems, brings a new report of an unsafe jail or a death that was likely preventable.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/30/us/l ... rison.html

This reminded me of a time when I refused to give another inmate a sandwich. He was a big bastid, the tank was super crowded, and I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression. "Nope, I might want it later" I said. --I didn't want it later, I just couldn't give this guy my sandwich like that-- Well it turns out he was just scared. He had swallowed all the dope he had on him, probably crack, before being arrested and I guess he thought he should put something on top of it. That sounds reasonable. I know this because while we were being moved around from tank to tank I saw him being treated by the medical staff and they were talking about it. They had the same attitude, hard as hell. It's the environment. I hope he made it.
Ear Hustle is a podcast which started in San Quentin Penitentiary.

They describe some very formal and unwritten laws around race and food sharing, which varied prison to prison. The podcast is a reminder to me of just how awful it can be, and that since we are in charge of it, just how awful we can be.

So 'we've' killed another victim of justice. Somehow I think the fake outrage over minor US budget items will overshadow the shame we should all feel for doing prisons so poorly. News wouldn't get watched if it made people feel bad.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:15 am

Nancy Pelosi urged Northam to step aside and “do the right thing so that the people of the Commonwealth of Virginia can heal and move forward.”
--unfuckingbelievable, these people want to make the world a better place too. That's a scary thought. Who do they think lives here?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:19 am

Trump supporters, but as long as they can sway opinion in a few key cities, that won't matter...they can ignore those beasts and get on with making the world better.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:35 am

I distrust people who are either unaware of the harm they've done, unwilling to admit it, or ready to gamble it stays hidden to the extent that they can shake their finger at this guy for this photo with a straight face.

Now we've got empty rhetoric like this. The people can't heal --disgraceful.

But it's an old problem. Supposedly the greeks talked about it. A democracy can become full of leaders who only pander to the public.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:41 am

This time, CNN 'mistakenly' labelled the guy as a republican. It's of course an accident, and not an effort to make it look like a republican was apologizing for being racist...

CNN, the Info Wars of the mainstream media.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 am

He's a republican trapped inside the body of a democrat wearing blackface...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 am

I'm inclined the forgive the guy, personally. People change. Should this guy be effectively barred from holding public office for life on account of one stupid photo?

The Dems will go all zero-tolerance on his ass to contrast with the Republicans. Oh well. I hope they don't alienate too many people with their demands for purity...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:48 am

The party of 'Moral Purity' has kind of shifted over the years.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:20 am

Horseshit. The Republican party won't tolerate anything that isn't straight, white, and Christian.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka