Yet more problematic stuff

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Animavore » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:58 pm

Just read a large chunk of Democracy in Chains today about how a small bunch of billionaires in the States aim to undermine democracy. Much of it based off extensive correspondence between Pat Buchanan and the likes of Charles Koch with the Buchanan estate astonishingly left lying about after his death for the author to harvest.

A good insight into the real problematic stuff destroying the US.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:25 pm
Should I know who that is? Is his suffering relevant?

-- :smoke: --

I recognize the other guy from this site too! Didn't he punch someone in the face at a "tough guy" --their name-- rally?
They're far-right, violent white nationalists. You know, the type of people big lefties like Cunt tend to admire.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:

I recognize the other guy from this site too! Didn't he punch someone in the face at a "tough guy" --their name-- rally?
They're far-right, violent white nationalists. You know, the type of people big lefties like Cunt tend to admire.
What I really admire is how hard you are working to get Trump elected in 2020. :clap:
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm
Seabass wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:

What I really admire is how hard you are working to get Trump elected in 2020. :clap:
I just want to make you happy, Cunt.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:06 pm
I just want to make you happy, Cunt.
Tick that box. (oooh - what I SAID)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:

Yeah, but apparently it's their own PR which we're supposed to take as definitive, while their actual ethos, aims and activity is somehow considered irrelevant - or even a misrepresentation.

Racist don't call themselves racists do they(?), they call themselves concerned race-realists; white-nationalists/suprematists don't talk about how white people are superior to all other skin tyes or how white people should be afford particular rights and privileges that must be limited or denied to others, they talk about being connected to a common history and culture and how they want to celebrate that identity by creating a white ethnn-state or a white homeland; neo-Nazis don't publicly espouse their fascist doctrines or mention that they want to purge Jewish people and other degenerates from society, they claim that they are victims of oppression and that multiculturalism, the media, Democrats, bankers, elites, Black Lives Matter, or anyone else they despise is conspiring in "white genocide" or promoting a so-called "great replacement."

All the real detail about these groups, the detail about what they stand for politically, socially, and economically, is publicly subsumed in cosy narratives about belonging to a special group with a shared antecedence and a particular shared tradition, stories about being an exceptional group in an irrational world which doesn't recognise that uniqueness and the virtues it bestows upon all those who share their identity, fictions about how modern-life, with it's apparent irrational preoccupation with equality and fairness, automatically dilutes the assumed validity and innate value of "our tradition".

Fascists go to such lengths to publicly obfuscate their true beliefs in order to make their ideas more palatable - because they know that when they're up front about what they stand for most people in society, of all groups and political persuasions, recognise it for what it is--special pleading and aggressive demands for power and privilege--and despise them for it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:12 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:40 pm
Fascists go to such lengths to publicly obfuscate their true beliefs in order to make their ideas more palatable
I think it's pretty clear that when a fascist is truly powerful, it isn't safe to call them fascist.

Especially publicly.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:15 am

How safe is Ilhan Omar now?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:15 am
Certainly as safe as any US Senator ought to be.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:35 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Is that an implication common to crazed militia rednecks who think that all federal politicians should be assassinated because they are part of ZOG?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:37 am

'I’ll put a bullet in her': Trump supporter charged with threatening to kill Rep. Ilhan Omar
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... 379387002/

It matters when Trump eggs on his dangerous base.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:07 am

Cunt wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
I seriously doubt that after Trump's performance this week. She's in the firing line (and possibly literally in it).

edit: just saw Ani's post above. Cunt is wrong, again.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:55 am

The End Game of right-wing hate.
 York state man is in custody for threatening to murder Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar. The man, identified by authorities as Patrick Carlineo Jr., allegedly called the freshman congresswoman's office and threatened to "put a bullet" in her skull.

Carlineo, Jr. made the statements during a brief March 21 phone call, according to a criminal complaint released Saturday by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of New York. When a staffer answered, the man allegedly berated the worker and referenced a false conspiracy theory linking Omar to the Muslim Brotherhood.

"Do you work for the Muslim Brotherhood?" Carlineo, Jr. said, according to the complaint. "Why are you working for her, she's a f*cking terrorist. I'll put a bullet in her f*cking skull."
https://www.newsweek.com/man-charged-th ... 6yTwpDQZgA

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Almost there now.
Do Americans Understand They’re Beginning to Commit The Legal Definition of Genocide?

No, You Don’t Know What Genocide (Really) Is. But You Should.
https://eand.co/do-americans-understand ... 9412c800eb

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:43 pm

Cunt wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
She's not a Senator, she's a Representative. Due to the difference in term length, Representatives generally meet constituents more frequently, so they're out in public more often.

Let's say Omar's as safe as Gabrielle Giffords was.
Gabby Giffords was a rising star for Democrats in the U.S. House before a would–be assassin prematurely ended her career and nearly took her life.
On January 8, 2011, three days after the start of the 112th Congress (2011–2013), Giffords met with constituents near a grocery store in Tucson. During the event, a gunman killed six constituents, including a federal judge and one of Giffords's aides, and wounded 13 others. Giffords was shot in the head at close range and barely survived. The shooting galvanized national attention. Giffords made an astonishing recovery despite the severity of her injuries. She saw her husband launch into space in May 2011, and she returned to the House to vote on a debt ceiling bill in August 2011. Giffords, however, was unable to focus on both her recovery and her congressional duties, and on January 25, 2012, she resigned from the House.
Omar can hedge her bets by not playing baseball with her Republican colleagues though.
A lone gunman who was said to be distraught over President Trump’s election opened fire on members of the Republican congressional baseball team at a practice field in this Washington suburb on Wednesday, using a rifle to shower the field with bullets that struck four people, including Steve Scalise, the majority whip of the House of Representatives.
Scalise's back on the job, but it wasn't certain he'd be able to walk again for a while.

I wouldn't say Omar's all that safe. We have a lot of mentally ill people in the US, and while most live normal lives, it only takes one person to be triggered by Trump's provocative rhetoric to cause her harm.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake