Yet more problematic stuff

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:31 am

Virginia governor Ralph Northam told to resign because of a photo that supposedly shows him as a young adult at a Halloween party in either blackface or wearing a KKK outfit. He denies it's him in the picture.

But what is this, and is it just something we have to accept going forward forever? I mean, if you throw up a picture of stupidity from my youth I'm going to tell you to eat shit and die fuckface, that picture's probably the least unpleasant thing about me. Is that so bad? Who are these people with nothing to be ashamed of?

At what point are we allowed to move on? --never? Is this healthy? --to be so phony? I know, I never wore blackface or dressed up as the KKK either. I can hear the idiots saying that already. "You're minimizing! We don't all have such a dark past!" But that misses the point.

The picture doesn't represent either a dark past or a terribly bad thing. It represents a moment of stupidity and we know this because it doesn't fit into a larger pattern of similar behavior.

If a picture like this is what you think indicates a horribly flawed character then you're an ignorant fucking tit man. But that doesn't work because even super smart people, people like the NAACP called for his resignation. --wtf-- These guys don't know a genuinely flawed character? --gtfo

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:53 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:31 am
Virginia governor Ralph Northam told to resign because of a photo that supposedly shows him as a young adult at a Halloween party in either blackface or wearing a KKK outfit. He denies it's him in the picture.

But what is this, and is it just something we have to accept going forward forever? I mean, if you throw up a picture of stupidity from my youth I'm going to tell you to eat shit and die fuckface, that picture's probably the least unpleasant thing about me. Is that so bad? Who are these people with nothing to be ashamed of?

At what point are we allowed to move on? --never? Is this healthy? --to be so phony? I know, I never wore blackface or dressed up as the KKK either. I can hear the idiots saying that already. "You're minimizing! We don't all have such a dark past!" But that misses the point.

The picture doesn't represent either a dark past or a terribly bad thing. It represents a moment of stupidity and we know this because it doesn't fit into a larger pattern of similar behavior.

If a picture like this is what you think indicates a horribly flawed character then you're an ignorant fucking tit man. But that doesn't work because even super smart people, people like the NAACP called for his resignation. --wtf-- These guys don't know a genuinely flawed character? --gtfo
There was a trend awhile ago, called the 'Pimp and Ho's Party'. Normal people dressed as pimps or ho's, many of whom doing so without thinking of the deeper implications of human trafficking or sexually transmitted infections. ('STD's' at the time)

Before that, many little boys played at being cowboys and indians.

Who knows what the kids today will be vilified for (though I suspect 'trigger warnings and safe spaces' to be among the prime reasons)

I think we are supposed to show how much we hate it now, by sacrificing a member of our 'tribe', basically. Shit idea, but tough to shake.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 am

It's politics. In that arena any thing in your past can come back to bite you in the ass.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:20 am

Exactly. If you got around in black face, kkk or nazi gear you aren't suited for politics. It's pretty easy not to get around in balckface, kkk or nazi gear. Just don't be a racist fuckwit.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:26 am

Trump: Northam's yearbook photo depicting men in blackface, KKK robes 'unforgivable'
:lol:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:28 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:20 am
Exactly. If you got around in black face, kkk or nazi gear you aren't suited for politics. It's pretty easy not to get around in balckface, kkk or nazi gear. Just don't be a racist fuckwit.
It sounds like you need a morally pure leader. If you find one, let us know so we don't have to make decisions between one asshole individual and another.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:31 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Bullshit. What kind of guy tries to size up another man based on a photo from his youth when he acted like an idiot? Was he in the klan? Does he have a history of discriminating against blacks? What do you even know about the guy?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:35 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:31 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Bullshit. What kind of guy tries to size up another man based on a photo from his youth when he acted like an idiot? Was he in the klan? Does he have a history of discriminating against blacks? What do you even know about the guy?
It could at least be a warning sign. Perhaps it was a one-off youthful folly, or perhaps it is still reflective of the man's present attitudes. So, worth the media at least checking him out. If it becomes clear that he does not currently have that mindset, then fine - people do get over youthful follies...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:41 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:35 am
It could at least be a warning sign. Perhaps it was a one-off youthful folly, or perhaps it is still reflective of the man's present attitudes. So, worth the media at least checking him out. If it becomes clear that he does not currently have that mindset, then fine - people do get over youthful follies...
When I was a kid, we had no money, nor much costuming creativity. I remember going with what was around - so I've dressed as a hobo, and as a woman.

Are those culturally acceptable? Or does it depend on my own race? Does my age have anything to do with it?

Should we do some work to judge others based on their choice of costumes over the years? Or only since society 'got woke'?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 am

I wouldn't dream of thinking that picture was a warning sign of anything. Do you have something else? No, just the one pic against this guy's whole life? Damn, I hope nothing else comes out about him because even just one more thing and lord knows it'll be a pattern.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:45 am

Trump: Northam's yearbook photo depicting men in blackface, KKK robes 'unforgivable'
:lol:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:57 am

Ya notice anything about Trump's behavior here, something we might think fits into a larger pattern? Is it different than Northam's unforgivable photo? (He denies being the guy in the picture btw)

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:08 am

With the recent law change in Canada, this is barely problematic at all.
DJK38168.jpg
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:21 am

Even though I don't do dope anymore, that makes me nostalgic for the good old days...

Eventually, it will be legal here in Oz as well...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:26 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:21 am
Even though I don't do dope anymore, that makes me nostalgic for the good old days...

Eventually, it will be legal here in Oz as well...
That's kind of you to say, JimC.

The lens was my very first one, and a gift from my sweetheart. The doobie is contemporary. :)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: